Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Umbrellas

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by rild, Nov 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rild

rild Avatar

Can we open our umbrellas? Just put mine into inventory, thought maybe on combat, but alas, no.
    I am left with two possibilities:

A) I am too dumb to know how to open umbrella
    B) Umbrellas need improvement

So it's a pretty cool cane for now
    1. Is there a plan for open/shut command w/umbrellas?
    2. When can we expect this?
    3. Can my umbrella be combat useable / enchantable?
    4. What is the sound of one umbrella opening?
      1. woosh
      2. ankh
      3. pooffft
      4. BANG!
    This is serious people..

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

equip it, then /openumbrella

3. rild

rild Avatar

omg you're my hero

Cassandra Corax likes this.
  4. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

I already love the umbrellas, they are made so beautiful ...and now this song sticks again in my head :D

Cassandra Corax and rild like this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I love the umbrella as well. It is really ornate and beautiful. It is made with metals and gold embellishments that I have never seen on a RL umbrella.

There are also 2 emotes 'open umbrella' and 'close umbrella'. Typing it is a bit tedious and clicking on 2 separate emotes is a little tedious, how about one emote that toggles it open and closed as an idea? ;).

The umbrella is still a bit buggy though, its handle does not have all its collision and runs right through our characters face at certain points. Also when equipped it bugs out as it closes and reopens mysteriously when hitting enter on local chat, and also again when playing the piano, it interfered with my playing and became a dancing umbrella, graphically bugged out that is;) . So yay for first iterations of our great equippables. Another thanks to our designers and developers for these awesome things.

I know it will be polished and fixed and then once it is all polished though, I feel even at this point it is truly more than I could even have imagined it could possibly be. It is really gorgeous. I would love to shield a great looking guy from the rain and also from prying eyes as I steal a kiss, well if I would ever do that ;)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  6. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    I so like to see an icon which you could drag ether to the screen or onto the task bar

rild, Gaelis and majoria70 like this.
  7. rild

rild Avatar

I agree - in the future I would love to see additional "deck" or hotbar functionality.

For instance, RPers I'm sure would love to be able to create multiple sets of clothing for ease of changing.

An "emote hotbar" could be tied to outfits, or adding tertiary keyboard function (switch to keyboard X) could allow for hotkeying emotes.

Clearly not an essential function, but would be a nice addition to see eventually.

Another method, that could also be monetized by Port - offer a wardrobe container for homes that has paper doll slots, allowing you to select a set of clothing and equip all at once. Or a special trunk that holds two or three for portable use. Just some thoughts.

uhop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.