Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Unable to write on wall signs.

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by queenbee, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. queenbee

queenbee Avatar

I use wall signs to label individual rooms in the inn. None of them show what was written on them and it doesn't let me write anything on them. When I hover over them with the mouse, it just tells me who made the sign. If I click on the sign, nothing happens.

The ground signs outside work correctly, but not the wall signs.

Hazard likes this.
  2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@queenbee it might help to make a /bugreport at the location of your wall signs, and paste the contents here, so the dev can have a look at your wall signs....

Hazard and J a i b y r d like this.
  3. Hazard

Hazard Avatar

I'm having this happen with two signs on my property. When toggling over one in 2nd floor room the cursor goes green and I see the editable text. When toggling over the other in 2nd floor room, it stays yellow with no text displaying (and unable to edit, but shows who made the sign if applicable). I haven't clicked on these signs since the release hit, but they worked fine the previous release. Others in the building and basement seem to be OK, even a few of the same type (e.g. Steel Water Magic signs).

SIGN #1
    5/6/2018 10:09 PM
    Title: Editable Text on Wall Sign inside Tax Free Village Water Lot Placed Mill Home not Showing, Part 1
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Central Brittany - 1st Floor Water Mill at Docks
    Object: Plain Wood Blank Wall Sign placed above barrels/crates
    Previous Description - "OUTBOUND, Goods for Brittany Alleys" (or something similar.....)
    Steps to Reproduce: Moved the sign, as well as the one that works but this did not help.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16337
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPU RAM: 3019
    SotA.Win.64.773.Date.05.01.18
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany
    Area Display Name: Central Brittany
    Loc: (425.2, 26.1, 404.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueXx8KDQyNS4yMjIsIDI2LjA3NywgNDA0LjI3KXwoMCwgLTAuNzUsIDAsIDAuNjYxKXwtMTA5LjExMjd8NC4zMjU5NzV8MS45OTE5MzE=

SIGN #2
    5/6/2018 10:11 PM
    Title: Editable Text on Wall Sign inside Tax Free Village Water Lot Placed Mill Home not Showing, Part 2
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Central Brittany - 2nd Floor Water Mill at Docks
    Object: Steel Water Magic Wall Sign (above Ice Hot Tub)
    Previous Description: "Mill Freezer Acclimation Zone... toggle button once for jets" (something to that degree...)
    Steps to Reproduce: Moved the sign but this did not help.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16337
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPU RAM: 3019
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany
    Area Display Name: Central Brittany
    Loc: (427.7, 31.4, 393.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueXx8KDQyNy42OTEsIDMxLjM3NSwgMzkzLjQyKXwoMCwgLTAuOTgyLCAwLCAtMC4xOTEpfC0yMDQuNDM0OHwyNi4wNDgzfDEuOTkxOTMx

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  4. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

do you have tenants or other people/alternate accounts on your lot who can move things? try checking the permission settings for the wall sign you can't edit (right click)

if you are not the owner and it is set to private you can't change it

5. Hazard

Hazard Avatar

I was accessing these as the owner of the lot and both assets are not set as private. Everything is co-owner access level but I'll check my other account late tonight to see if one or two co-owner characters can see or alter the sign text. I have no tenants, just the co-owners which I control.

On a side note, at least one sign was likely picked up from a player vendor in the past (def. the wooden one on the 1st floor), possibly part of the problem if being reused? I believe the one on 2nd Floor had a tenant box checked which I unchecked to match the other that is working (i did not previously check this box off personally), but that didn't appear to clear up the problem last night.

5/8/18 Update: I took another co-owner character to this location from a different account with the same result. I even purchased another new Steel Water Magic sign from the Crown vendor and tried to place it in two different residences, but the new sign doesn't allow me to edit the text (placed or unplaced).

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  6. Lily Byrd

Lily Byrd Avatar

I'm also experiencing difficulty with the wall posters, and signs. On several of my lots some of the wall signs are not accessible by me to read by mousing over them, and I can read them if I pick them up to my inventory. When I place them back on the wall they are not accessible again. Some of the posters and signs on the same properties are fine and I can read them no problem. It's frustrating
    5/10/2018 4:24 PM
    Title: can not interact with posters
    Reproduction Rate: all of the time with some of the posters
    Blocker? no
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce: try mouse over the posters to read them, some are accessible some are not
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 24574
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6061
    Area: POT_swamp_metropolis_01_template/Port Phoenix
    Area Display Name: Port Phoenix
    Loc: (77.0, 39.5, 228.5)
    Debug: UE9UX3N3YW1wX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8UG9ydCBQaG9lbml4fCg3Ny4wMjcsIDM5LjUyOSwgMjI4LjQ3OSl8KDAsIC0wLjg1MSwgMCwgLTAuNTI2KXwxOTYuNTExOXw0MS4xNDczNnw3LjYyMTgxMg==

Hazard likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.