Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Underlined Quest Text That Cannot Be Clicked

Discussion in 'Release 29 Bug Forum' started by Beaumaris, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I notice that we still have text that is underlined in quest NPC dialog that cannot be clicked to advance the discussion. I am not taking the time to document each item here. Just saying that it is a show stopper. It is distracting to see underlined text that does not highlight green with the cursor after many mouse over attempts. I have to bypass it by typing the word or just choosing another underlined word. This makes the game become about clicking a word that actually highlights as green, vs. focusing on the quest dialog.

2. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

yep.. the 1 Character issue is still present... changing the SIZE OF TEXTS... and now texts in bottom part of CHAT window can't be clicked.

3. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I can't check dialog to see if there is an issue there unless you do. I understand your frustration but "It's all broken" is not helpful.

If you are able to type the keyword but not click it, it sounds like an underlying interface problem and there's no need to respond with the specific keyword(s) but a way to reproduce how you made it not responsive (such as resizing text size, resizing/moving a window, etc) so that we can reproduce and fix it will help.

4. smack

smack Avatar

This can happen when the resolution changes. For me, if I start the game in a 1920 x 1080 window and maximize the screen, the chat text will wrap to the original chat box dimensions -- it will appear to have a blank margin on the right side of some varying size. This will cause all underlined clickable keywords to be offset. If this happens again, see if you have that issue with how text is wrapped in the chat box. Try moving your mouse to the right further beyond where the underlined word is and click there instead of where the actual underlined word is.

5. Knight Dozer Belador

Knight Dozer Belador Avatar

I can confirm that this is happening...

I have two 4K monitors(3840x2160) running Fedora 23 Linux. When I try to click on a keyword on a game window that is about 3800x1800 big, the cursor does not turn green. I had to move the cursor a bit down the line for it to turn green. Some times is like several words beyond the keyword.

I can try to provide images for this example.

Dozer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.