Undiscovered Scenes, with a game this old?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zanril, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Zanril

Zanril Avatar

I learned from a guildmate that apparently there are scenes no one has ever visited yet, and speculated that they might be underground. It was something mentioned in passing and wasn't a full on conversation about it but the potential fact has stayed with me cause I remain baffled at possibility that its true.

I find it intriguing yet unbelievable that a game released almost 6 years ago, with history going further back than that, has scenes that have not been visited by at least 1 player yet.

So I wanted to ask here; have the developers stated anywhere that there are scenes still out there waiting to be discovered? Do any books in-game hint at any hidden areas not found yet? Have there been any organized expeditions to find all scenes?

2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Not sure who you are talking to, but that is not the case at all. A bunch of us have been here while everything was created, so we have tested everything as it was implemented.

There is definitely nothing in this game that is undiscovered.

Belladonna Rose likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That would be awesome if there were scenes that hadn't been discovered yet. I'm pretty certain that's not the case though.

4. Lained

Lained Avatar

A list of the scenes can be viewed in the AssetBundles folders of the game directory.

FrostII likes this.
  5. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

There are certainly a lot of players that have not yet visited all that is there to see.

majoria70 likes this.
  6. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Well. Speaking for myself I have been in every scene. When doing my fishing tour. I went into every 'adventure' zone and all aspects of them I have been to all the underground locations. I have been in every NPC town and PRT. And every player owned town. So yeah i would say i been and seen them all. And ..Thanks for the fish

Bella's Fishing Tour - Google Sheets

Last edited: Mar 2, 2024
    Lained likes this.
  7. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

Are there still a lot of nested POT's in game that don't have a marker overland?
    vj

8. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Years ago, there was speculation that there was an undiscovered part of the oracle temple, but after many players exhaustively searching in-game and also searching the game files, no such area was ever discovered.
    Given the perseverance of SOTA explorers, I think an undiscovered zone seems very unlikely.
    Perhaps there are areas within a zone that have not been discovered, but persistent explorers and the revealing map system seems to make this unlikely as well.
    I am reasonably sure there are things within the game that have been found, but their significance may not have been recognized (such as Easter Eggs, real world references, etc.).

But, in some games, hidden things were not found until decades later....

Drocis the Devious likes this.
  9. Belladonna Rose

Yes there are still quite a few nested POTs. Took me forever to track them all down for my Pacu search. And some are even empty. But since they are nested they wont be seen on Overland. Which is fine. Still waiting on the decision whether they will hide those empty ones or not. They are all listed on my Pacu/Ghost list.
    Pacu Towns and Ghost Towns - Google Sheets

10. Akandriel

Akandriel Avatar

Does a player made dungeon count as an undiscovered scene? It is content added to the game, so it should be included. Try to find "Lichhaven" in Maiden's Blush.

Beaumaris likes this.
  11. Belladonna Rose

I guess technically it could be. But unless you see 'easy' access to it from Overland or in another scene i dont think it would count. I am not about to go and track down player dungeons. Going into one's basement is a different scene as well. LOL

Beaumaris likes this.
  12. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Lained
    After reading your post quoted here, my curiosity got the best of me - since my goal for many years has been to be able (if desired) to teleport to any/all "scenes/zones" in the game - POTs. towns, areas, etc.
    Currently, when I hit a Teleport to Zone scroll, it says I have 562 "Scene(s) Discovered" - and every so often I see (and subsequently add) a new Pacu town to forever increase this total.

How many "Scene(s) Discovered" show up when you Teleport to Zone ??

Now that's a bold statement, @Belladonna Rose ! :)

So.... How many "Scene(s) Discovered" show up when you Teleport to Zone ??
    And how can you be so certain that you have each and every "zone-able" scene ?

Beaumaris likes this.
  13. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

What is a Pacu town? I am embarrassed to ask, but my curiosity got the better of me.

I get that Pacu is a fish, but I stopped playing around the time when lots of fish were introduced and fishing became a major game pasttime.

14. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

every day, two random player towns are picked to be the only towns one can catch pacu in. these can be found by asking town criers or by looking at a teleport zone list: they'll always be in gold text at the top of the list, whether you've actually discovered that zone or not. it's a great way to get people to visit new towns and the fish, aside from being collectible, make a popular fishing-bonus food.

15. Belladonna Rose

Well there are several reasons i can say that. One my teleport to zone total is 656. And since i do the Pacu towns to collect them all and my Fishing tour that pretty much guareantees that I HAVE been in every NPC, PRT, POT and adventure zone. And other than than those reasons just going out and generally hitting every zone when i was hunting treasure maps as well. So. Nuff said. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2024
    Duke Gréagóir and Beaumaris like this.
  16. simon1974

simon1974 Bug Hunter

Im at 662 on my teleport list

Beaumaris likes this.
  17. Belladonna Rose

yeah. The reason i have a few that might be missing I think are all the extreme locations if i add all of those i might have that many. So thanks for reminding me of that. I will go get the ones i am missing.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2024
  18. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

"Nuff said" :)

19. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Zanril
    Ask your guildmate exactly how he knows that there are un-visited scenes... :)

20. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I wish there was a way to remove scenes from the teleport list. Cause a lot of those 600+ spots are completely useless at this point.

Belladonna Rose likes this.