Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

unusually bright "yellow" on epic cloth pieces (resolved)

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by fonsvitae, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fonsvitae

fonsvitae Avatar

It appears that what previously was a gold color on the epic cloth chest and legs (possibly the arms and feet, also) is now turned up to an unusually bright yellow. It used to be that the gold coloring was subdued, something that matches w/ many other subdued colors in game, but not any more. Interestingly, the epic cloth helm retains the old gold coloring.

Anyone else noticed this? Please chime in; I know it isn't my eyes playing tricks on me as I carefully picked out the color for my set based on how it all went, and it goes no more (again, note that the helm piece retains the old color). I do know that the epic gloves were changed to accommodate proper dyeing and the epic cloth chests back pouches were removed... perhaps other things w/ the epic set were tinkered w/ as well?

Could this be changed back? Not only does it not match outfit wide or game wide, it makes my elder berry dyed epic cloth set look like I'm warming up for the L.A. Lakers...

I will add: I play on OS X client (in case this makes a difference).

2. fonsvitae

fonsvitae Avatar

The above was changed (thankfully)... below, I attach before and after pics (first pic is before and second pic is after). As you can see, the gold trimming was unusually bright on all pieces but the helm on the first pic. With patch 550 or so, the change was reverted and the pieces match once again.

The only downside is that there is now a bright neon green where shadows used to be (see boots on second pic as well as belt going around back of avatar on third), but this is for a bug report.

In any case, thanks to the devs for fixing the lighting, texture, hue (whatever one wants to call it) and making the visuals less tacky...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.