UPDATE: Fishing Tournament and Treasure Hunt R99, R100, Leaderboards, and Teleport to Zone UI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Winston, Mar 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winston

Winston A Data Guy Moderator SOTA Developer

FISHING TOURNAMENT AND TREASURE HUNT CONTESTS

Fishing Tournament:
    Treasure Hunt:

UPDATED LEADERBOARDS (STATUS BOARDS) R99:

NOTICES:
    • R99 Contests end: 31 Mar 2022 at 23:59 (11:59 pm) CDT - Marse 26, 641 P.C. (last PC date allowed on Trophy fish) -- yes a few hours after Release 100 launches.
    • All player names are currently anonymous and assigned a Furniture or Food name.
    • [undecided] When Contests are finished, players who opted to Show their information to Public Stats will be revealed on the leader boards. Others will remain anonymous.
    • [undecided] For R100 Contests and beyond, leaderboards will show/hide player names based on their in-game Show/Hide name in/from Public Stats setting. By default, names are not shown.
    • SEE the images at the end here for how to show/hide your player name in/from Public Stats.

Currently:
    When Release 100 Launches:
    • The Release 99 contest will still be underway, until midnight (11:59 PM CDT). You still have a few more hours to compete!
    • The Teleport to Zone Scroll in-game window will highlight the towns for the R99 Fishing (blue/purple) and Treasure Hunt (brown).
    [​IMG]
    When R99 Contest is Finished:
    • [undecided] Player names will be revealed who have selected to show their names in public stats (see images below).
      • Their real in-game character names (IGN) will be revealed on the leaderboard.
    • Winston will create and deliver contest prizes within 5 days after the contest ended.

HOW TO SHOW/HIDE PLAYER NAME IN/FROM PUBLIC STATS.

TO SHOW:
    • Right click on health bar.
    • As shown in the image below, the player's name is currently NOT shown in the public stats.
    • Click the highlighted item to toggle this to show/reveal your name in the public stats.
    • By Default, player names are hidden (not shown).
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

TO HIDE:
    • Right click on health bar.
    • As shown in the image below, the player's name IS currently shown in the public stats.
    • Click the highlighted item to toggle this to not show/hide your name in the public stats.
    • By Default, player names are hidden (not shown).
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
  2. Winston

I' re-assessing (undecided) about revealing player names based on their SHOW/HIDE setting. I need more ideas and feedback.

I don't have to show any player (character) names -- just keep them as names of monsters, food, furniture that change each month. At a minimum, I just need to publicly reveal the top 3 players who get trophies and prizes.

Hmm. I am discussing this a bit in Coswald Dirthmire stream (via chat) now/today. Great feedback! Need more.

https://www.twitch.tv/coswald_dirthmire - 26 March 2022 stream/video - "The Most Relaxing Saturday So Far This Week"

Thoughts?

Sonja, FrostII and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  3. Lained

Lained Avatar

I think it would make more sense to base it on the disable tracking for leaderboards option.

[​IMG]

4. Winston

Ooo, I will have to see where I can see that setting for each player in logs. I will go data digging!

Great idea!

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Ooh! Do monster name! :D

Sonja and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  6. Winston

I found the bits to test this in the data.

1. SHOW or HIDE (default) in the Public Stats in the health bar. If it is set to HIDE (default), then STOP... do not show player name on leaderboard. Else continue:
    2. If SHOW in the Public Stats, then test Tracking on leaderboard (LB)
    - if T-LB = Disabled, then STOP - do not show player name on leaderboard
    - if T-LB = Enabled (default), then Show Player Name on Leaderboard.

Summary: Player has to have (SHOW in public info; this is not default) --AND-- (ENABLE tracking on leaderboards; this is default) - then I can Show player name on Leaderboard

So the minor danger is people who decide to SHOW in public info, but forget to Disable Tracking for Leaderboards.

I'm still thinking on this from a contest experience point of view to make it fun (like animal names, monster names), not just regarding settings I can test.
    • Some people may want to be on the in-game leaderboards like you show with their names.
    • But they may also want to have a funny anonymous name on my contest leaderboards and remain more anonymous since there's more info, like scene names.
    All leaderboards are not equal either. Mine are actually "contest boards" with hopefully more twists and turns, stage rewards, guess who the leader is, etc.

Thanks!

7. Proudfoot Underhill

Proudfoot Underhill Avatar

I now know my name! <3 This is awesome!

Winston and Anpu like this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah! Part of the fun is figuring out which name you are! :D

9. Winston

10. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Today I had to tease out whether I was Young Stag or Aether Dragon; talk about different ends of the spectrum. That was rather fun

Anpu and Winston like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.