1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Update From Atos!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Oct 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

One of the most appreciated update this Year :) Thank you, Chris!

We heard about a bunch of those in Friday's livestream and at the shroud con.

Now stop talking - just do it - because you can do it ;)
    [Imagine the same voice like Darkstarr's, telling people, their fish failed on fishing content ... what I always translated in a positive manner: ENJOY what you are doing ;)]

And while doing this, please keep an eye (or maybe two) on what we would like to see with EPISODE 2 :)

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Depending on the GM powers these people will get, it makes sense. With the small team we have, which are pretty much all from the US, a butt load of our community plays with no possible Dev to intervene if something happens, and events are generally more centered around dance parties and Chris's streams. With Player GMs, these people (who honestly should be people who have proven to be very responsible towards the community, people like Elgarion come to mind, being calm, stable players who dont participate in most of the fights on forums or in game).

Player moderators have been something that I've seen a good bit especially in runescape, and it is something necessary at some point. Now obviously these player GMs should be audited/checked on to make sure they do not give their friends or themselves buffs while hunting solo. I am not afraid of players abusing in a PvP/group context as others can report them, but solo is something else.

As for all the changes incoming, I'm more of a combat person myself, so I am really eager for more spells and combos, and a big help to the combos. The attunement fix is already a step in the right direction, but a buff like Vladimirs suggestion, about combos working 2 stacks at a time (you need glyph a + Glyoh b to make glyph C, so Glyph C should be Glyph C(2)). For everything mentioned here though I like what I see, as being able to officially make a quest in game will allow for some awesome quests to be made considering what people in this game make, and it is something I cant wait to experience.

Boris Mondragon and Dhanas like this.
  3. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

“Go watch hours of Videos to fish for discussion of basic feature improvements and Episode 2 content. These aren’t important enough to put in a written post. You have to really want it to learn about these things!”

You guys just made a great detailed post that people have been asking for; please don’t fall back into the “go watch a video” for key information.

Xandra7, Cordelayne, Mishikal and 2 others like this.
  4. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Not all of us are into player made content. So much time they are spending on this, and not enough on things like what Majoria70 and others have talked about. I was not excited at all about this announcement, am very disappointed to not have heard about what a lot of players have been asking for. Only a handful wants this, not the majority, it will not keep new players playing, they will get bored as usual and leave. I really hope EP.2 will offer a lot of what Majoria70 has suggested etc, and keep, if you have too, the player made content in ep.1.... JMHO

5. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

6. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

Thanks @Chris! I started watching your streams (well the morning ones anyway 'cause of my time zone) back in Feb and as I'm learning Unity I really do find them brilliant. :)

In terms of player created content, I think I see the paradigm now, as tricky as it may seem to regulate it in Open MP, in SPO it really could turn into Gary Gygax Online, which I think is kinda the natural evolution of UO right? D&D Online done really well! In the "Ultima" universe! I can certainly dig it.

That's pretty epic.

But like D&D, player campaigns can be very cool but the official stuff is mint. I am incredibly excited for the future of SotA though, it very much feels like HD UO to me already and I'm very keen to see some of that HD U7 magic coming down the pipeline. :)

7. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Did a search for the word pvp; 0/0
    :(

Dhanas and Antrax Artek like this.
  8. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Curious if we will get the ability to control "rewards" given to players, whether it is a chest at the end of a player-made dungeon, or whether an NPC with dialog players create can give a reward for completing the quest (the "final" step in the "script")? This gives a player the ability to either purchase rewards (Store) or craft rewards (gear/jewelry/furniture/etc.) to be given to players. I know that there is some concern of exploitation, however, if the player has to buy or create the rewards I don't see much of an incentive to exploit.

Please consider this or, if I am missing something, consider an explanation as to why this cannot be implemented.

This would be icing on what appears to be an otherwise delicious cake. :D

9. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

This! Except the only problem is that it could create more work than anything as you want to have consistency in how things look. Maybe a way around that is to provide everyone with patterns for materials (walls, floors, furnishings, gear, jewelry) so that there is consistency in the look.

10. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

Yes, this was specifically discussed at SOTA CON in detail, all sorts of controls for chest interaction are coming.

Magnus Zarwaddim likes this.
  11. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

PVP was also discussed in great detail at SOTA CON. I imagine this is like drinking water from a fire hose right now, but after personal discussions with Chris and Starr, I not only believe they get it, but they understand the need to act on it... They asked for a how of hands of people who PVP, and it was not am impressive raising of hands, then someone, (maybe me); asked for a show of hands of who would like to PVP if it was fixed, and I think this got their attention.

I am enthusiastic about SOTA CON, I wish all of you folks had been able to make it, and look forward to meeting more people next year at the event.

Jaesun, Sean Silverfoot and bdonham like this.
  12. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

Great news! Thank you @Chris :)

13. Lilunai Laurasia

Lilunai Laurasia Avatar

All good news!

I have a proposal, why don't you try to improve the Spanish translation? In the current state of the translation, it is a big obstacle for new Spanish and Latin players.

14. Kyosa

Kyosa Avatar

@Chris Please do not give away rewards on stream you dont have.
    It is very annoying !! Please just dont do it anymore.

Look: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/470382842, stream deleted or not available anymore :p
    At least answer my mails or send me smth else, fair enough , no ?

Two sota fanboys love ya :) and a 3rd is on his way and i bring more..
    Do not destroy a good game please... !!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.