1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Updated Character Creation

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by ildaron, Jan 25, 2023.

1. ildaron

ildaron Avatar

For six years I have waited for an updated character creation. Please allow me to be vain and build a character I would like to look at. I have waited to long to play to stop waiting for this feature. I am the sort of person who plays without a helmet because I like looking at my character's face.

2. Toular

Toular Avatar

You can hide your helmet.

Barugon likes this.
  3. Seggallion

Seggallion Avatar

I was really on the character creation bandwagon. I agree the options are sorely limited. There are a lot of things that feel that they protoyped in game, and then the devs moved on to the next part. I am sure the idea was to mock stuff up to get the game going as soon as possible and then come back to it. They just never got an opportunity to come back to it.

Now I feel like the real character creation is the in-game gear. I have seen so many different styles and looks on people. I agree the facial features such as beard and hairstyles need upgrading but I would MUCH rather have new gear to wear in the game that looks different from other stuff. UO always had the concept of a paper doll and I think that is how we should look at our characters. They are really just mannequins that allow us to express ourselves throw the weapons we carry and the items we wear.

Warrior B'Patrick likes this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I agree we have poor character customization. Also they did come back to it very recently implementing a few things like more hair colors and tats. Hopefully a few more things can get added at some point.

Barugon likes this.
  5. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Or a hunchback and some completely historical black teeth and a goitre for people not having ready access to sea fish or salt...

Edit: Let´s not forget one-eyed pirates with eyelatches big as that of Moshe Dayan, wooden peglegs and hooks for the Captains hands...

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023