UPDATED: Concern for Sota's Future (In-Game) Economy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Knights_of_White_Satin, Jun 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knights_of_White_Satin

Knights_of_White_Satin Avatar

***Warning: (Before Reading and Participating to this Thread please read the disclaimer below):

***(Disclaimer: This posted thread is only a ("Informative Opinion") and it's content is in no way to be considered (and/or) to be mistaken as; "Combative, Threatening, Controlling, Harassing, Attack-able, Disrespectful, Nor Intimidating" to any in-game avatar (and/or) it's organizations within the Sota Community. Also for all Phisher's (and/or) Troller's please when replying to this thread, your opinions are important, however please limit your comments to one and only one if possible whether your reply is either "Pro vs. Con" within this thread.) Thank You.

UPDATED: For reasons which is is totally out of Control for Us Sota Players within Our Community. I have re-edited again. Obviously there seems to be no real solution(s) to the use of In-Game "Bot-Scripting".

With that said: (Synonymous to "Gold Spamming"). Why allow organization(s) to (Buy-Out) Your In-Game Resources on your Pot (i.e. Cotton,Wood,Ore, etc.) and in turn go back to a 3rd party off-line site(s) and "Now" offer it back to the Sota Player Based Community in Exchange for (RL) real-life dollars. Again, we all know these type of campaigns are most likely and generally over-look in the MMO-RPG gaming world. However, look back into the history of most MMO-RPG games in the mkt. place. Most the those games barely survived their own in-game economies by allowing such campaigns. In some cases, rare but a few, these MMO-RPG games completely shut-down and went "bust".

*** "NO" you can not Prevent, Eliminate, nor Stop any organization (and their Kinship) after post-wipe from {Leech/Exhaust} even if they choose to go ("Single Player Mode") the "Resources" within the in-game world, and for most also for them coming onto a Governor's Pot and prevent them from purchasing the owner's items from the owner's vendor.

Possible Distraction: Perhaps, by charging (100x's) over your normal price using a second vendor vs. your normal charged rates on your locked vendor. If these select few organizations and it's third party off-line sites want to Continue to ( {Leech/Exhaust} the "In-Game Resources" using their In-Game-Bot-Scripts) and Now "Offer" the In-Game Resources in Exchange for your (RL) Dollars.... So Be It. At least if they choose to Buy from You, then they will be forced to pay (100x's) over the normal trade rate. At the very least make it some what an Inconvenience (while they're spending their gold) whereby "Let's Slow It Down" a Tad or So and "Not" make it So Easy for Them while Re-Selling on their Off-Line Site(s). Lol !!!

Just a major concern for Sota's in-game Economy and it's future as a game on a "Whole".

Thank You and
    have a Good Day
    and Take Care. :)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    Time Lord likes this.
  2. Alexandra Cornfellow

Alexandra Cornfellow Avatar

Hi KoWS,

I understood your 'Warning' and your 'Disclaimer'--very clear, very succinct. But I'm dogged if I understand the rest of your post. I feel there is something valuable that you're trying to express. Would you mind giving it another go? If you could reduce it to about a sentence or two that my rapidly aging brain could assimilate it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Cornfellow

3. Knights_of_White_Satin

Further Reply's on My Thread are Treated in Private. Your request has been sent
    to you thru "Conversation".

Thank You for Your Input.

:)

Time Lord likes this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Are you saying that you are not going to respond to posts "here" - so everyone can follow the conversation ?

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Knights_of_White_Satin

Your request has been sent to you thru "Conversation".
    Thank you for your input.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

yep, that's what he's saying...I don't understand what he's talking about either... Possibly being refused to buy resources at a price he wanted to pay, maybe?

7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

This is too convoluted for me... cya.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

It's a "think tank"... :D

We had to do the same thing with the cannibal conversation...
    @Knights_of_White_Satin , count me out not because I think it's anything but almost required for any deeper thoughts on the subject, but count me out because I have no good ideas on the subject :confused:

:eek: "but think tanks are kool, because they've been known to work" ;)!'
    If I come up with any good ideas, I'll let ya know :)
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

9. Knights_of_White_Satin

I totally agree, I have no concrete solution(s) that can be implemented into our game play either. :confused:

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Getting rid of the name tag doesn't seem to be right especially if you've met the character before.

Our avatar's do have specific appearances and people tend to dress in the same colors etc, but to be expected to remember an avatar based on their appearance like we do with faces... that doesn't work. The best ID for a game like this is the name.

In my opinion the name serves as the recognition and is in effect our way as a player to remember somone just as if we were to see a person who has a wort next to their nose, or someone has a interesting eyebrows and an upturned nose that is memorable. The name serves as an ID.

Even helmets and masks don't really provide perfect disguise. People have a unique gate wjen they walk and the voice also gives it away. I would recognize my friends in a batman mask.

11. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Hiding a name might require skill and possibly a disguise kit. A name shouldn't be something that is perminantly shut off.

Even with a disguise, just speaking should have a chance to reveal your name. Even if we disguise our voice it takes great skill to impersonate another person. Impersonation could be something for Episode 2 to expand the subterfuge skills.

However a disguise kit would be an expense that a player wouldn't want to waste for every day stuff especially if speaking more than a wisper can reveal you... just sayin. ;)

12. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I would picture a person using a disguise to sneak in a place relatively unnoticed or if they are some kind of criminal. But talking to an NPC would likely reveal the creep.

I would also see great usefulness for using a disguise kit in combat (especially for an assassin who doesn't want theirbname known).

What was the name of that ninja in JI Joe that never spoke? There were two ninjas one in Cobra and the other was a Joe.

In any case it should be a great cost of disgrace for a person to fight digused. It should lower their courage because it is cowardly and dishonest. dishonorable. Although a person in light armor should be able to stay disguised while fighting as long as they don't say anything. Let them be disguised.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Knights_of_White_Satin

Your Confused on What I said in the Thread. But thank You for you input.
    I sent to you a private message thru "Conversation".

Thank You and
    have a Good Day and
    Take Care.

Solaris Aeternum and Time Lord like this.
  14. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The real money trading portalarium sets up for itself will be the baseline that gold selling organizations will have to compete with. An obsidian crown costs $1 U.S. And the value of that, in game gold, will fluctuate with competition. If an obsidian crown costs 10,000 gold on average in-game, then a gold seller would have to sell 10,000 gold for around 1$ or less. If people buy faucet generated gold from the gold seller, it will inflate the economy, and now a 1$ crown might be worth 20,000 gold, so now, not only are gold sellers gonna have to compete with each other, but they have to sell 20,000 gold for around or less than 1$.

If generating gold in game does not get any easier, the labor of the gold seller will continuously increase, while thier profit does not.

15. Knights_of_White_Satin

Not what I said at all inside the thread.
    Misread !!! Confusion !!! Misunderstanding !!! To reiterate, and again I already sent you a private message thru "Conversation" explaining this.

Solaris Aeternum and Time Lord like this.
  16. Knights_of_White_Satin

True True and How True.... but that's NOT the (100%) of the Beef within My thread...
    (In-Game Resources = Cotton, Wood, Ore, etc.) = Selling it on the 3rd party Off-Line Site(s) for (RL) $
    Similarly to the "Gold Spamming"... But thank You for your input.

Have a Good Day and
    Take Care Always

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:)~Thumbs Up~:D
    [​IMG]
    ~TL~:rolleyes:

18. Knights_of_White_Satin

THUMBS UP as WELL ....... :p

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Oh mother of god shucks. Must have confused the disclaimer with the claims.

Yeah like I said in our private conversation it seems that you have a point about guild affiation always showing. Colors people hanging out.

It isn't difficult to tell if somone is a gangbanger or a wizeguy just by looking at how they dress, their behavior, and who they hang out with.

Time Lord likes this.
  20. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

However a player diguised... not so much.

How can we tell a guild membership if you are dressed as batman? Nobody would have suspected Bruce Wayne to be batman. Nobody would suspect the scarlet pimpernel of being a wealthy English Aristocrat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.