UPDATED: Drachvald needs a major Buff. With Poll.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grave Dragon, Aug 7, 2016.

?

How would you entice more traffic and resident living within Drachvald?

1. Put a rare\valuable resource back into Drachvald that is reasonably unique to the continent.

2. Approve and implement the boat that was originally planned between Port Graff and Britanny.

3. Id prefer they do both options 1 and 2, return rare resources and Implement the boat.

4. A different option which I will discuss as a post in this thread.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valdor

Valdor Avatar

Man, Lux is leaving. That just about says it all.

2. Smeg77

Smeg77 Avatar

I agree with what Grave has put, and also due to my recent explorations of several regions while looking for a home, I had to pass through Vauban Pass and found the only way to get through it was to die, and spawn at the other end.

It did originally put me off settling in and POT within that region, as I really didn't want to have to keep dying just to get from one zone to the next.

I also think that the boat link between the region and Brittany is needed, even if only to bypass having to go through the fun of having to die to get to the other side (I finally understand why the chicken crossed the road)

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I don't think we've heard of the last from this saga yet ;)... maybe Lux Sanctuary could move, but could regret it o_O "I also die through Vauban pass and have never lived through it" :( But...

Risk vs Reward is like "the cornerstone of our game" :cool:
    The way I see it, if a boat link is made from there to Brittany, then that entire zone is doomed to becoming mediocre and if it doesn't get that link, then it's surely getting more than is there right now.
    It's easy to "jump the gun" when our game is going through evolutionary changes. We've been repeating the Myth's of "Chicken Little" ever since our game first began and look at how far we've come.

Currently some believe that this is all the players we're going to get to play our game, which is just another Chicken Little storyline. "The sky is always falling around here someplace, yet never does" o_O
    Our game still has clunky combat when before it did not. The sky is not falling on that issue either. Look at the quality and then know that those current clunky combat actions don't fit it's surroundings, thus that's just another thing that's having quality work done on it to make it fit into it's surrounding.

Seamless quality is what we see and rarely speak of, until something doesn't seem to fit. Then that thing that doesn't seem to fit gets worked on until it does fit...
    Yet it always fits into Risk vs Reward ;)
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

hroth likes this.
  4. Selene

Selene Avatar

I thought I remembered that Graff Island was planned to have some majorly awesome crafting opportunities. I seem to remember RG saying in a hangout that a lot of people would be flocking there. Maybe we just haven't seen what is to come? Maybe something to do with regional crafting that hasn't been implemented yet. I will say, I have not been travelling up that way much this release.

Either way, while the game is still getting up and running, it might be a good idea to balance this region a little bit more into the positive. Either with a boat to somewhere useful or better resources. I'm sad to hear Lux is moving, it was always a landmark for me.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  5. Tibs

Tibs Avatar

Skies always fall on the horizon.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. redfish

redfish Avatar

This part is sad :( I wish they could find an alternate solution that would allow them some flexibility in designing unique town locations. Like creating a player queue that is based on the order that people selected lots in that town, and letting them select lots in the new layout in the same exact order.

7. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

I recall hearing all of this as well but its currently just a paxlair template PRT, so I guess that means it's not ever going to change since lots have been claimed there.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    Time Lord likes this.
  8. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

I took a stroll up there yesterday to scout home locations for Tuesday.

Ok so it was more of a campaign but I made it through the pass alive(just shy of adventure 50)......it took a lot longer than is reasonable for just "trying to get home".

And yeah, currently it's just another green zone with nothing unique about it.

It's not by far my first choice but I may end up there anyway.

A boat would be nice.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Lord British

Lord British Lord British SOTA Developer

Fear not oh thee who worry for Drachvald! First it will have the most valuable of mining resources in the lands, the Graff Gem Mines will be a central hub of mining. Craft folk who specialize in magic in metals and gems will find this a great place to live and work. Miners will be needed, protectors will be needed. Also there remains a big secret which I cannot yet tell of a hidden city rumored to exist here.

In this thread someone DID mention how zoning makes CP's less meaningful. Now THAT is an issue I can get behind. I want, and we need CP's to be a relevant cost to transit and must make alternate methods of transit "costly" enough to be comparable.

- LB

10. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Rumors? Hidden wonders? In an RG game of all things?! :D

But too bad this message came out 30 minutes after my lot selection. Expected, but it is hard to make big decisions when everything is changing and only rumored. @RichardGarriott

| Grave | and Time Lord like this.
  11. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Great...there goes our Recall/Teleport Scrolls. :(

Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  12. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I think /zoning is certainly an issue that requires a cost, but an even larger issue perhaps is the instant no cost ship to ship travel. Moving from Aeire to Elysium to Etceter with just three clicks of the mouse is a HUGE disruption in the regional economy. The connection from Kingsport to Brittany is equally troublesome.

What I'd really like to see is 1. players are forced into the scene that they are travelling to. So for example if you're travelling to Brittany from the hidden vale you have to go INTO Kingsport, go to the docks and then take the ship to Brittany which does not put you on the overland map but instead puts you IN Brittany. I would also suggest that this travel has a cost associated with it, something small at first like 100 gold, but eventually as we see how popular certain destinations are increasing that toll accordingly. Please consider, post haste.

13. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

No, I think that those will always be in the game. What I believe we're talking about is that they might cost more to use or be restricted to the region you're in so you can't avoid the control points and taking over and securing those control points because more meaningful.

14. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I'm not sure it needs to be buffed. I was able to claim a spot in Spite and have only been "home" once since Friday. The area has no scenes I can survive in: there are no one skull scenes and the two skull scenes seem overpowered. Unless a lower level scene is added, it will most likely be a month or two before I can stay in the area. I currently live out of my bank in the hidden vale while I level up.

Ice Queen, Leelu, Kara Brae and 3 others like this.
  15. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Let me add to the current list, and correct me if I am wrong. The whole area is void of a blacksmith shop. There is a blacksmith in Graff Island, but all he sells are a bunch of recipes. Granted I may have missed something, but I have been searching without success these last few days.

Leelu, | Grave | and Time Lord like this.
  16. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Thank you very much for the reconfirmation that plans are still in the works, this is more than enough for me.

hroth, Leelu, Vrunk Hrrk and 6 others like this.
  17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

1. no NO and NO, if you do this you will have to work on one for every location.

They have already said something with crafting will be location specific let them finish the systems before any changes are made. Give it some time.

2 - again nope - as you can then just scrap the whole regional economy issue.

This has been an issues long in the making player living in certain areas are going to feel their area is to far off the beaten path or neglected - sorry but actually by design.

If you want to live in a well traveled area? - Move, there are plenty of places to live all over the place.

If you have a POT in that area then it is the POT owners responsibility to make it a place people want to visit not Ports.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    Time Lord likes this.
  18. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Dragon's Fall has a proper blacksmith and will soon have player crafted items of all kinds.

Leelu, Aldo, 4EverLost and 3 others like this.
  19. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

All this time and effort being put into "regional economies" is wasted time/effort that could be used to develop depth and content for the game...more quests, finished story-lines, etc.

Trying to "cut-off" areas of the map, and thinking that it will force people to trade/sell a particular way is a waste -- because players will still travel to those areas to get what they want regardless. Restrictive CP's and limiting when and how-often scrolls can be used does nothing but vex/harass/annoy your player-base. These are things looked at and reviewed by some before they choose to pay money to join the game.

For those who have already given their money to Portalarium, there is no recourse as there are no refunds, and one cannot take their business elsewhere, because we pay no subscription fees, etc. -- so Portalarium does not worry about driving away current players, because they already have our money. But this idea of trying to force areas to be restrictive or cut off from other areas, in an attempt to control the economy will fail, and will have more negative effects than positive. The only positive effects are for those who hope for higher prices for items sold in-game.

20. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Let's All Do the Drachvald Dance~o_O!'
    [​IMG]
    :eek:"Cause the Sky Ain't Falling"... :D!'
    ~Time Lord~;)!'

hroth, Tahru, Katrina Bekers and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.