Updated Lord Home and Benefactor Lord Home.

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by High Baron O`Sullivan, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herradam

herradam Avatar

For the benefactor's house, if you do a bit of clever jumping you can make it to the third floor. The third floor, however, needs to be repartitioned into a few different rooms. The current layout with one long room on the side and attached balcony is awkward in the extreme and just plain weird.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Night Owl

Night Owl Avatar

After seeing the newly remodeled Founder Lord Home in-game, I'm pleased with the changes. I enjoyed the amount of roof space the Knight home had, which was my previous pledge. I recently upgraded from Knight to Lord and was not as happy with the amount of space on the roof the Founder Lord home previously had. These changes with the wrap-around porch and expansion are great in my opinion. Nice job! :)

I haven't looked at the Benefactor Lord Home yet, although based on the pictures I think the Founder home is more my style.

tradyblix, Olahorand and Time Lord like this.
  3. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

I am no fan of the Benefactor home exterior but after seeing the first two floors of the interior, I have to admit that I like the layout.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

4. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

Or a huge hot tub!

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

The Benefactor's Lord House has better defined rooms, but lacks the wonderful rear rooftop deck (and the room on the top floor for my hot tubs) which the Founder's Lord Home has. Also, it depends on which interior color you prefer. I choose the Founder's version myself :D

Jambo, tradyblix, Kaisa and 4 others like this.
  6. Scolari79

Scolari79 Avatar

I wasn't able to get to the 2nd or 3rd floor due to being able to walk through the walls and stairs. Hopefully they'll have the house updated soon to fix this. I really liked the look of the Benefactor's house from what I could see.

Lord Baldrith and Time Lord like this.
  7. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I just want to know how to clean the inside of those windows that you can see when looking at the front right of the benefactor home. Right now I can clean them easily because I can walk right through the stairs but that will become more difficult as the walls become less permeable :p

The benefactor home ends up with more space and a preferable interior because it doesn't have those two side turrets. 3rd floor of the Founder House where maybe I would want my bedroom has instead a stairwell to walk around - seems dangerous!

8. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

[​IMG]

Time Lord and Lord Andernut like this.
  9. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I like the windows better on the Benefactor home also. I hope we can open those windows and put curtains on them as well. I like the additional balcony space on the founder home, but I'm more interested in the interior bedrooms. I do not want an open layout. I like my character to have a bedroom with a door and a nice place to sleep. I also like the option of decorating guest bedrooms, and servants quarters etc. If allowed I will create bathrooms too. I'm looking more for a mansion style than a giant cavern. (EQ 2 was notorious for giant rooms with no bedrooms)

Also, the secret door is awesome. I love secret doors. More more more please!

I don't mind the color of the brick, but not crazy about a green or blue roof...not sure what's up with that really :)

10. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

The green is copper. The blue... er... I don't know about the blue. :p

Time Lord and Lord Baldrith like this.
  11. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

It's too bad we can't combine the best features of both - the exterior of the Founder home with the interior layout of the Benefactor home :( That would be perfect :D

Jambo, Lord Baldrith and Time Lord like this.
  12. Toby

Toby Avatar

i checked out the founder lord home and i didn't like the interior of the second floor. that stair being right in the middle was not something i liked at all.

i just went check out the benefactor version of the lord home and i think it's really great. i especially like all the floor space and the single door to enter the house.

while checking out the benefactor version you need to jump around some invisible barriers which i'm sure will be fixed in next release.

13. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

I have to agree about the Founder house's interior.

The outside looks great, except I would prefer the crenellations to be shorter so you can see over the taller parts while standing, maybe about half the height they are now. As they are, they don't seem to provide any utility, and they seriously hurt the whole point of having a balcony. I do love the style of the exterior, though, with the pillars supporting the roof and the addition of the third floor.

The inside, however, needs some love. :) The placement of the stairs on the second and third floors leads to loads of wasted space, to the point essentially where I don't know if it's even possible to do anything nice with those two floors. That's really my only gripe about the layout, but it's such a big one that I can't overstate it enough. I would really and truly love having a third floor, as long as it is useful and doesn't destroy the usefulness of the second floor.

I understand these houses were created shortly before R6, so maybe the interiors were just rushed. I do hope the team can find a way to fix up this new design. Heck, while it would seem a little out of place, I'd take teleporters if it's the only way to keep the space on those floors usable.

14. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

I am pleased with the additions to the Lord pledge, a bigger basement, and a whole 'nother lot for a row house (with large basement)

Now I can have a country lords house, and a condo in the city for when I need to spend time there, perfect imo.

15. Jouten

Jouten Avatar

Looking in detail of the Lord's Founder house this time, I realized a two issues...

For one, I agree with Lord Trenyc that the stairs needs some serious work and the lack of any personal rooms (except for the closet upstairs and under the stairs) irks me just a bit.

Another issue I found is that the buildings front left window on the base floor shows....a room that doesn't exist. There is literally a wall 2 feet behind the window. I am going to guess it's the stairs that's keeping that window from being used but still.... I find it strange to have a window that has zero functionality in the house.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I'm having trouble finding the quote but didn't they say the Lord's Home had a secret room? I found it in the Benefactor Home but not the Founder version...

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Jouten

Jouten Avatar

Update of the Avatar #73

"A small secret room was added"

Maybe they did a good job hiding it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.