Updated Lord Home and Benefactor Lord Home.

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by High Baron O`Sullivan, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floors

Floors Avatar

It's not doing much for me. I can see it's better. But it's just not my style. It's not how I envision playing the game, in a new york townhouse from 1890, sorry

And the benefactor house is straight up hideous. Ugliest house in the game, those 2 wooden doors and balconies up at the top there.... shaking my head

2. Maka

Maka Avatar

I'm speechless with the new lords home! I have one complaint... I don't want the boat more than the house now! Very tough decision.

Mishri, StarLord, Arianna and 6 others like this.
  3. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Yes, I definitely prefer the revised Founder Lord home to the houseboat now :D (The fact that it will be difficult to actually secure a waterfront lot will probably make the decision a lot easier.)

Jambo, Arianna, Asclepius and 3 others like this.
  4. Retro

Retro Avatar

Knight founder home on a town lot for the win at this point. Yes I like the Lord town homes, but they just seem too big and they cover too much outdoor lot space, I'd rather farm.

5. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Ey guys, the house boat still is very cool! Way better that the lighthouse. :p

Asclepius, Time Lord, NRaas and 3 others like this.
  6. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

Founder Lord House a thumbs up. Good job.

Benefactor Lord House, Thumbs down. Could have been better and for the same amount of money (or more) it seems to have a much smaller footprint than the founder home and no outside balcony area to speak of. (Except two small after thought galleries that looks like bracket shelving.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It seems like there are a lot of happy founders in this thread. I'm not so sure about the Benefactors though.

Benefactor interior is ok, no major complaints, but not great. Almost as of it was rushed out. (Draw box, slap on roof, Divide interior with continuous identical walls; little to no columns or decorative elements). Maybe Benefactors are just supposed to be happy that they have a house now.

Anyway, enough said. I've given my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

My take on the walls is, that the Lord Benefactor's Home is a later construction and the stone in it's walls hasn't had time to fade it as much as the Founder's Home. I rate this highly among what I feel is a very thoughtful design decision ;)!
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

8. Father Aquila

Father Aquila Avatar

I like the Benefactor home, the fact it has more windows is a big deal to me. I hear you about the Draw box, slap on roof but overall I am a fan and would be happy to live there.

treehoofer, Eriador, Maka and 2 others like this.
  9. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

I like the new founder Lord home. However, every time I see it I am reminded of the Ghostbuster action figure from the 80s that when you squeezed their arms together their hair would raise. It looks like someone is squeezing the old version and the roof is raising.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Well I have a confession. Around the time of the telethon and the big push, I had a rush of blood and bought a town lot as well. So as long as I can I can afford the taxes, I may have the best of both worlds!

(You'll know my place - the one with the begging bowl out front. Please give generously..:D:D:D)

Think about it - a town lot is a LOT less than the baron upgrade; you get a "summer" and "winter" residence; you could entertain in one and have the other as your storehouse, or whatever. And every dollar helps the game!:rolleyes::D

11. Maka

Maka Avatar

Best idea EVER! :) I'll be sure to buy some of the stuff from your vendor and throw a few gold coins in your begging bowl as well.

12. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I am no Lord. Belong to the ones holding out for possible new pledge levels. Alot of Knights who are willing to jump but not again 800 bugs.

Else i wanted to bow and say amazing buildings. Well done developers.

13. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I was really looking forward to seeing this new house.

I am a benefactor Knight pledger who is thinking of upgrading to benefactor Lord.

Based on the look of the new benefactor Lord house, I am leaning towards not upgrading now.

The reason is the yellowish tint of stone and limited outdoor space at elevation in the new benefactor house. The color and features just do not wow me enough for another $800.

The dev team did a really nice job updating the founder Lord home. If I was a founder instead of a benefactor, I would up my pledge.

14. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I think that the wall color (yellowish) of the Benefactor Lord mansion is similar to the Founder Baron house, and that one was (and is) a very loved home.

[​IMG]

licemeat, rild, Lord Baldrith and 2 others like this.
  15. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

My favorite building this release was the barn. Very well done, a lot of attention to detail and realistic.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rild, Hazard, Time Lord and 1 other person like this.
  16. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

The interior color of the Benefactor Lord's Home is where it excels possibly over the Founder's :)
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

17. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

I actually really like the styling of the Benefactor home over the founder. Yes, the founder homes will all be larger than the benefactor homes. I agree with Ravenclaw that founders shouldn't feel they deserve everything to be bigger/better than the benefactors. We are the ones that get exclusive items, that doesn't mean they always have to be bigger and better. We all get to enjoy the benefactor items, we don't have to have houses that are both exclusive and superior.

I think they are both great and I'm looking forward to seeing them in game later this week. The extra balcony space on the founder will likely tip me over to use the founder rather than the benefactor, because I actually prefer the look of the benefactor.

18. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Oh, I just noticed. the founder home has cobbelstone up to the stairs. I wonder if they are going to experiment with pathways to our front doors? (Let us choose our pathway would be interesting)

19. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I can't wait to wander around inside. I noticed yesterday that the Lord House was on the Stand-up minutes again!

20. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Wonder what Cooksey's cooking up now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.