*Urgent Need Help* Razer Naga Chroma 2016 issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Schneider DragonFang, Aug 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schneider DragonFang

Schneider DragonFang Avatar

Hi everyone,

I was recently using a Razer Naga Limited Green Edition mouse for gaming, and for a good year i played sota and other games without incident.
    Recently i had to replace my mouse with a new 2016 Razer Naga Chroma 2016 because i had input issues with the thumb grid double inputting values with one key. Through my research i chalked this up to maybe overuse on my part and crappy design by razer.

Now i plugged in my shiny new mouse that ran me 79.99 bought a 2 yr warranty on it to be safe, everything worked great the thumb grid was responsive and worked correctly in all applications.
    But now i decided to run sota and immediately the thumb grid lights turn off and all button functionality is gone.
    I decided on a reboot and launch sota again, this time the lights on the thumbgrid shutoff, but the buttons are responsive in game, i was like ok i can deal with this. So i decide to tab out and bring up razer synapse 2.0 and up my dpi. When i returned to the game all thumb grid buttons are no longer working again.

Suffice to say i am at wits end and wondering if any developer or player has seen this issue. Could this be caused by the games code? Or is something worse happening to my pc that i just built this year.

In case it might help here are my specs.
    x99s MSI Gaming 7 motherboard
    Intel i7 5820k 3.3 ghz (6-core) processor
    Corsair H100i cpu closed loop liquid cooler
    Thermaltake Core V71 Full ATX case
    16 gig (4x4) G-skill Ripjaw 4 ddr4 PC2400 ram
    MSI radeon R9 FURY X 4gig HBM video card
    EVGA 1300watt supernova G2 PSU
    WD 1tb HD
    256 gig Samsung 850 pro SSD
    Asus blu-ray optical drive

*If this post belongs somewhere else please moderators move it accordingly*

2. Insinious FizzleThorpe

Insinious FizzleThorpe Avatar

Wired or wireless if wireless try and plug in the sensor into a front USB port to decrease the chance of interference, to rule that out. ( had issues myself with responsefulness <-- cant be a word ) That corrected my issues. I would also suggest that the mouse drivers are updated again using a clean uninstall, and reinstall of the drivers and software. Check that the peripheral devices is turned on in the game settings as well. Hope some of this helps.

Schneider likes this.
  3. Schneider DragonFang

First step i moved the cable to the top port of my case and even though the thumb grid lights shutoff they are still responsive even after tabbing out.
    If this problem happens again i will attempt the clean uninstall as suggested.
    Thank you FizzleThorp for your response man, was about to start pulling my beard out.

4. Insinious FizzleThorpe

Insinious FizzleThorpe Avatar

Also for the lighting issue there is a setting in game, peripheral devices I think it was.. and also one in the software for the naga. .synopsis or whatever it is.. not at home to see what those settings are.

5. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

@Schneider - SotA makes Chroma calls to the mouse to change the colors. Are you running the Razer Synapse software for your mouse?

6. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

There are two things you will need to do to resolve these issues:
    1. In Synapse, check if there is a Profile associated with ShroudOfTheAvatar.exe. If so, it will change to this Profile automatically, which will turn off whatever your normal settings are. Either unassociate it, or reset the options in that profile.
    2. In Shroud of the Avatar, open Settings and select Peripheral Lighting. This will allow Shroud to change the lights of your Chroma device according to the game. For example, if you cycle colors when you use a dance emote, change from white (default) to greed to red as you go into combat and near death, etc.
    Hope that helps!

FrostII and enderandrew like this.
  7. Schneider DragonFang

yes andrew i am using razer synapse for my mouse, and i just found the peripheral lighting setting, always thought that added extra lighting in game not for the mouse.
    So i think i got my issue resolved ^_^

enderandrew likes this.
  8. Schneider DragonFang

Everyone who has responded you are all awesome, and show what a great community this is.
    Thank you all.

enderandrew and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  9. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.