Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

User interface focused first play feedback

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by eobet, Feb 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eobet

eobet Avatar

Just writing things down as I experience them:

1. The character sheet inventory slots are way too small, and I'm currently playing 1600x1200 on a 21 inch monitor (Wacom Cintiq actually).
    2. I cannot figure out how to put the sword in the first action slot. Dragging from the character sheet doesn't work, which it should.
    3. Where did the physical interface from Ultima 7-9 go? I'm very saddened by the generic looking interface aesthetics. Also, consistency break: The main icons in the top right are very much physical! Yet, the combat action icons are not.
    4. The skill icons during swordplay are way too similar looking to tell apart, and way too cluttered to say anything meaningful.
    5. Personal opinion: I loathe chat logs. It absolutely takes me out of the game. I want to look in the game world, not down in corner at a text box.
    6. General observation: Was it in Ultima 6 we saw the gears and pulleys operating the castle gates? Seeing this tiny lever lift the gate in the tutorial makes it feel as if the gate was made from paper.
    7. The interface is no longer physical, yet I have to open the inventory to drag items when looting, instead of being able to drag and drop it onto the main inventory icon (yes, I see the take all button, but I just want to take one thing).
    8. Double clicking to take an item when looting doesn't work.
    9. So I have to look in the bottom left corner to read what people are saying, and look in the top left corner to see how the combat is doing. It feels as if I'm spending rather little time looking at the actual game world (for useful information).
    10. I have no idea when my combat action bonuses are depleted. How long is a round? What is actually going on during the combat? It feels utterly non-involved.
    11. Gaming sins: Edvard magically teleports across the bridge. Why did he need me to clear the skeletons out?
    12. Personal opinion: Is Moongate trademarked to Electronic Arts still? I refuse to call it lunar rift.
    13. Why do I have to double click the blue light to teleport? Walking into it should be enough. If you want to avoid accidental teleports, make it delayed, but double clicking seems wrong in this instance.
    14. The blue Enter button looks completely out of place compared to the rest of the interface.
    15. Not interface, but holy crap vegetation turns around to look at me! Creeps me out! (And feels like 1995.)
    16. Well, I'm going to stop now because I've visited five villages and they were all just empty and dead avatar holiday resorts, all looking exactly the same. There's nothing to this world. It doesn't feel like Britannia. Hope something new comes along soon.
    So, nothing major actually, mostly small gripes, unless you count the aesthetics and design direction of the entire user interface, which I hope will get a major overhaul at some point in the future.

Oh, and the bloody chat log. We need innovation in this area, but who is going to get there first, I wonder?

Pedro Luis likes this.
  2. Pedro Luis

Pedro Luis Avatar

I agree with almost everything you ve said

3. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

Yea I'm starting to try the game out myself.
    Not to big on this games after ridding the game of pk's, thieves, looting and the like.
    But not that many games to choose from now with those kinds of features.
    So back to this one.

Only been in the game for a little now, but here are a few problems I'm having.
    I have three monitors. - My life bar is stuck in the far left and the options are stuck in the far right - can these be moved?
    Whenever I kill something and open the loot bag it opens in the far left, so I have to drag it to the middle screen to loot.
    Is there a way to know how much money you have without changing to list view for inventory? I see no coins in my bag?
    And it would be nice to be able to use the arrows to scroll through these hint boxes instead of the mouse wheel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.