vanishing hatch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gwyr, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwyr

Gwyr Avatar

I added a co-onwer to my lot, and suddenly my hatch and 5 story basement disappeared along with all the goods in it. Nothing has reappeared in my bank from that change.

Acred and majoria70 like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Did you bug report? Hmmm well do you know this co-owner that is a pretty high level for someone that might be able to take some of your things? Can we get a few more details?

Acred likes this.
  3. Gwyr

Gwyr Avatar

She is my rl wife, and she didn't have time to do anything, it vanished immediately. I made the change on the stones and we walked over to the place the hatch had been, and it was gone.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Ok things have disappeared before so if you checked both your banks. I would try a few things, try placing another hatch to see if there are any basement choices showing up for either of you. Adding a co-owner to a lot should not do anything. I've added many times before. I do know we are having some deco issues this release. I have been getting stuck holding items and had to log off. So I try to keep my deco toggled off when I just walking around in an area I deco'd. You can set the toggle deco to a key of your choice. I have my set on the -0- key of my number key pad. You guys both did log off and back on right? Do you know how to bug report if you have no luck?

Acred likes this.
  5. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

if you can take a audit of how many items are showing used in the deco tool. If the hatch is in the "ether" then the deco count will be one higher than the actual items visibly on/in the lot.

Also the basement is a separate instance and is most likely still there and intact.

One suggestion I would make (in parallel to opening a bug report and an email to support@portalarium.com referencing the bug URL) would be to visit the deeds merchant (or Deco Merchant) and pick up a hatch for 100g. the basement is not linked directly to the physical hatch, so if you place another you should be able to access the basement.

In addition, if the game will not allow you to place the "new" hatch, then that would mean the game still thinks the hatch is there.

Hope this helps, either way, support will sort it out for ya ... so don't stress :)

Acred, Thwip and majoria70 like this.
  6. Gwyr

Gwyr Avatar

Thanks the new hatch worked perfectly, basement is there and all things in it

7. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

Wow I'm glad that worked out, that would be a terrible situation. :confused:

8. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Glad to hear it! Still be sure to submit a bug report/email so Port can check hings out in the database too.

Acred likes this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yay, I'm so happy for you. :)

Acred likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

FYI, here's how your basement hatch is shown on the housing UI:

[​IMG]

And here's how it looks without a hatch:

[​IMG]

Note that the hatch does not count as a normal item, just like lights, containers and pets don't count as normal items. Also, you can only place one hatch on your lot.

Acred and Garfunkel Humperdinck like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.