Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Vendors need more detail in their listings, not just weight and price

Discussion in 'Release 30 Feedback Forum' started by Lace, Jun 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lace

Lace Avatar

With all the variations in durability introduced with enchanting and masterwork and mastercaft ...

They should show the durability of the items listed for sale for easier shopping and comparisons. This would be for public and lot vendors.

Also with the +xxx added to descriptions they seem to be chopped off when browsing.

Edit
    Items in inventory,boxes, chests and NPC vendors do this just not the public vendors or lot vendors --- please extend the same UI to public vendors and Lot vendors.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

+1

Lace likes this.
  3. Mart Huntington

Mart Huntington Avatar

+1

and would be nice if vendors ony accept items with 100% durability to prevent scam.

Lace likes this.
  4. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

@Chris I see no reason that we cannot completely examine any item on any vendor. Please correct this. There should be no guessing involved. I understood it last year when I started playing but by July 28th we should not be crossing our fingers and purchasing from NPC or player vendor.

Thanks!

Lace likes this.
  5. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I think part of the problem here is that there is only one 'inventory widget' with a fixed number of columns. When I'm crafting I don't really need to know the weight or price of my components, but I get to see them anyway. As @Lace mentions, this weight and price information in the crafting window is often shown instead of the end of the name of the item once you're making items out of 'fancy' components.

Lace likes this.
  6. Lace

Lace Avatar

I agree but also I do not because lets say it is a 200 durability you tried it out and its now at 197 .. its pretty close and what you choose to sell it for and what someone is willing to pay is up to them. The scam part is now if you are not paying close attention to the durability before you buy it.

I think displaying the durability might solve the same issue.

7. Lace

Lace Avatar

I believe you can by mousing over (and see the durability there but then you have to remember what each item that is named exactly the same has)

Now if you mean it showed in a row listing the str, dex, int, focus, health bonuses across , that may be a bit wordy for a row listing plus the load time when initially opening a vendor would be longer to return all those columns.

But maybe if you go into a specialty tab (like now we have housing and equipment and consumbles etc, and on equipment when you went to specialty tab and it showed all those as a row listing for comparison that would be super -- but more dev time.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  8. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

@Lace Aye, definitely mean by either a hover menu or double-click to view more details on the item. Should be able to buy from the detail view to ensure minimal mistakes in purchasing. It would be an awful mess to have details for items show on the listing lines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.