Verdantis Mines Subterranean City Key?

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by williamleara, Mar 28, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. williamleara

williamleara Avatar

Hi,

In the Verdantis Mines, several of the mobs drop a Verdantis Mines Subterranean City Key.

I have spent countless hours combing every inch of the Verdantis Mines, and I have not found any door that is accepting of such a key.

I give up -- is this a worthless key? Or does it open something I have somehow not been able to find. Please let me know, thanks!

2. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Hi ya!
    I have not been in that zone for a long time, so i cannot remember much about that key, but This post in the puzzle thread gives information on the key and what it opens.

In that post, the numbers listed next to "chest room" (68.9, 7.0, 44.0) and "chest room 2" (21.4, 6.8, 92.0) are the coordinates of the room/door where the key can be used. To see your coordinates in realtime (which will be listed as x, z, y), type "/loctrack" in chat and your coordinates will show in the upper left of the game window (type "/loctrack" again to toggle the coordinates off).

The post is old, but verdatis mines has not changed in long time, so i assume it is still accurate.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
    williamleara and Anpu like this.
  3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Another dev pointed out this thread and mentioned the key should also open the doors that access chests in side buildings, but don't anymore for some reason. I'll look into the key and make sure it opens everything it should. Issue #71225

[EDIT: The keys should open the doors, not the chests]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
  4. williamleara

williamleara Avatar

Thanks guys!

@Rinaldi, right, what I tried is I went to both "chest room" (68.9, 7.0, 44.0) and "chest room 2" (21.4, 6.8, 92.0). I deleted all Verdantis Mines Subterranean City Key from my inventory, but I was still able to open the doors to those rooms and open the chests inside.

Anpu and Rinaldi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.