1. We have a QA initiative where we work with the community more closely than ever to get your bug reports into the hands of the developers. Please use this forum for LIVE Server bug reporting. Do follow the format below, because it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, it's possible your bug report will be misinterpreted, or worse, lost!

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Only reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug. ALL extraneous commentary will be deleted to avoid cluttering the reports.
    • Keep your bug report short and factual.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    Bug Report Template
    1. Title:
    2. Reproduction Rate:
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs:
    To get started, use /bug in-game (/devbug if on QA) to auto-create this template. It will even auto-fill some of the required information and open the browser for you. Then take the information that was just saved to your system's clipboard and paste it into a new QA forum post. Thank you bug hunters!
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Vermillion Lens Quest

Discussion in 'Release 56 Feedback' started by fragmeister13, Aug 15, 2018.

1. fragmeister13

fragmeister13 Avatar

This is the only thing that's really, really frustrating to me.

In my journal I have the assemble quest which states I already have a part of 3 and a recipe.. but I do not. I loot the pool in the Epitaph.. regular items. No quest item. I make my way to the end of Oracle Colossus.. no quest item. I get a guild member to help me get through Grannus Colossus. No chest at the end.

His deduction was perhaps I needed to loot a skeleton hanging from a rock wall or something.. but to be realistic here, this is a total mess. There shouldn't be this much confusion and frustration regarding the main quest.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Brigade – Bug Hunter

@fragmeister13, are you actually at the pages and lenses step of the main quest? i ask because some people were getting journal entries for the vermillion lens just running around in crooked shank, but i don't think the quest flags will let you complete it if you haven't properly received the quest from the oracle.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There's a skeleton that you need to loot.

Elwyn likes this.
  4. fragmeister13

fragmeister13 Avatar

Right, that's what I was told after I had already passed the skeleton. I didn't notice one so I didn't loot it. I will look out for that next time.

I don't THINK so but I'm not entirely sure! I want to say I did get it from the oracle. Is there a way to confirm this somehow?

Barugon likes this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Brigade – Bug Hunter

do you have (or have you completed) quests for lenses other than the vermillion one?

6. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Avatar

Trapdoor to the Vermillon Lense (part!)
    Area: Grannus Colossus (Novia_R9_Forest01_02) Loc: (169.1, 24.1, -74.6)

Here is the Stone Hatchway.
    Area: Oracle Colossus (Novia_R6_Volcanic01_02) Loc: (-78.4, 65.9, -4.5)

The 3d part of the lens:
    Area: Oracle Colossus (Novia_R6_Volcanic01_02) Loc: (-77.4, 25.0, -10.5)

visit the Obsidian Forge in the Fortress Hilt to reassemble the broken lense.

Paladis Shardfall (→ Further East of Kas Ruins)
    Area: Novia (Novia) Loc: (33.9, 12.4, 280.4)

'Behind Waterfall: Area: Paladis Shardfall (Novia_R9_Plains_PaladisShardfall) Loc: (-15.7, 83.3, 89.2)
    USE LENSES
    Read Dirae Prophecy

→ Visit the Oracle … in Central Brittany

GOOD LUCK :)

Arya Stoneheart likes this.