Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Voluntary Entry and Roving Encounters

Discussion in 'Release 57 QA Feedback' started by Browncoat Jayson, Aug 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

For the most part, I agree with this change. Most of the time, these seem to just be a loading screen and a run through a scene with little benefit to the player. However, I think this also removes any real feeling of risk to the world. Who cares if the cities are under siege if it doesn't affect players?

Therefore, I'd like to see the devs consider adding "Roving Encounters" to the Control Points and Town Sieges. These would be when the Cabalists are actually active, or something happens in the CP to warrant it being "too dangerous to travel" (and could possibly be used when Castle Sieges are in place for PvP players). The Cabilist or other character will appear on the Overworld where the CP or Siege is, and pull players in who get too close. This will put them into the map just like now, and they will need to pass through to get to the "correct" side.

Just my 2c, with the hope that we don't lose any sense of danger from the world. Thanks for listening.

Tiina Onir, Rentier and Witcheypoo like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

perhaps it'll help when sieges actually have an effect inside the towns. sure you can run in, but you can't buy/sell anything...

3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Maybe limited stock, higher sell cost, lower buy amount. Preventing it completely would just make towns with sieges completely useless.

Rentier, Witcheypoo and Alley Oop like this.
  4. Santa Clause

Santa Clause Avatar

I had a made a suggestion a while back that (if we had pack animals) that control points would pull you in if you had a pack animal carrying goods. A single player could basically always pass right through. The more pack animals you had, the more bandits/danger would appear in the control point and they would actively steal your stuff if you didn't bring protection. Maybe even add larger caravans/wagons that would bring in bigger threats. Also, if you entered in PVP with pack animals, there are no bandits but pack animals are fully lootable. Then finally add some type of item that would help PVP caravans get through control points safely that could only be found in shardfalls.

I feel like it adds a PVP incentive but doesn't force anything and can benefit regional economy and eventually trade routes. Also would add a reason for people to go to shardfalls.

Also, this would only work if any fast travel options limited the amount of weight people could transport.

Boradic Boneslasher likes this.
  5. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Do you REALLY think they are going to do anything with that? IF they where going to do that, they wouldn't have bothered making sieges skippable; there wouldn't be a point in skipping them.

Did I just get bit by Poe's law again?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.