Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

walking

Discussion in 'Release 5 Feedback' started by Malchor1, Apr 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

Really think that the walking option comes in handy, particularly in houses or to just take in the sights of the town. It just needs to be a bit faster. Maybe give u the option scale the speed of the walk?

2. Kaisa

Kaisa Avatar

Agreed and running is maybe a bit too fast. But right now walking is some sort of weird slow motion thing.

Olahorand and Time Lord like this.
  3. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

Definitely agree! I like the idea of walking around town, but the current walk is painful. It would be cool (but maybe not feasible) if they had a way to toggle how fast your walk is so people can customize.

Jambo, Time Lord and Olahorand like this.
  4. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

Once I had the same problem in a university project with unity and I claimed, that walking is to slow. He said that is the normal walking speed you have in RL but every player says it is to slow. So you have to live with it if you want it realistic.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Has been mentioned already after R4, and I also agree, that the walking speed is too slow - its more a ceremonial walk than normal walking.
    But we don't always walk to our wedding or to the kings party in game.

6. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

Yeah we've already gotten past realistic with satyrs living in the woods so walking a little faster wouldnt hurt lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

WS + RP = Atmosphere
    WS + Crafting / Walking Inside = Ambiance + Ability

Walking Speed;
    In the days of UO, you could always notice a good RP player by their walk, not their run.
    The atmosphere of our cities and towns would be greatly changed if we all ran, or walked very fast, or at different speeds.
    The ability to get around our houses for crafting or whatever would be greatly effected by the speed of our walk.

We must also consider a Rouge's Stealth capability in such an adjusted walking speed. If they can't do that swiftly, then "why" becomes another arguing point because it would further aide the other player, yet further penalize the Rouge. And... do we really want a Rouge with a surprising death blow to be so fast?

Will walking be more silent in the everyday sounds of our world than that of a run? (I hope so)...
    Many gaming things are effected by each adjustment we make for our overall general "Convenience"....
    Just some things to think about o_O
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

8. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

Just because there is other creatures in this world compared to what you are used to do not mean a human can move faster. This is after all a Fantasy Roleplaying game and yes that might mean that human also are different but if they drift to far from "normal" humans.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

Haha, all im saying is that i walk faster than my avatar does. I'd have to intentionally walk slow to walk like that. And technically if we want to talk about realism a human being can change the speed and length of a stride at will. One can walk slowly, walk briskly. Hell there are even speed walkers lol! So instead of a walk command make it a walk briskly command lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.