Want to start crafting/ enchanting

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Stundorn, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Hi Xkhan: what I meant: you can masterwork or enchant an item several times but with greatly reduced probability of success (of same kind; masterwork and enchant work independently) . I think my numbers are something like
    98% for 1st, 82% for 2nd and 45% for 3rd (numbers from memory, could check in game later .... I think my 4th was 14% only). So I usually only go with 2 enchants and 2 masterworks which have a combined probability around 60% for success. If I go for 3 each then I am down to maybe 13%

2. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

You socket only 1x with a recipe which needs 2 gems, have not yet tried 2 different

3. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

+1 from exceptional gives you a +50% durability -> extremely useful as enchants/masterworks will reduce the durability. Use the "normal" items for training.
    I do not socket at the moment as I do not really need it and it adds a risk to break the item. Mages most likely will need it. If you have enough gems I would socket first and then masterwork, if you have enough silver then masterwork first. In case of a single fail in the sequence you will loose all mats, so I think you should first use the material you have the most.
    Masterworks and Enchants can be mixed - up to you as the combined likelihood of success is independent of the sequence.
    For training I use the "normal" +0 items, do 2x masterwork or 2x enchant and then the other until the item breaks.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

socketing does not have a risk of breakage.

5. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

My guess is: you will NEVER (skill level < 200) be able to enchant or masterwork 4 times with a chance > 50%.
    The best items I have seen are 3x of both. And they are already pretty expensive because of the many mats you need

6. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

need to check at home in game. I am sure I had a risk, but maybe when I was lower level.

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there's a risk of failure like any recipe, but it doesn't destroy the equipment the way enchanting/masterworking does. you just lose the mandrake.

Wintermute of CoF likes this.
  8. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

The two gems need to be the same type.

9. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Generally the sequence is craft, masterwork, socket, enchant. You get no additional options from socketing before masterworking, so you risk losing your gems for no benefit. It's also worth noting that if you don't want the bonuses associated with the gem (e.g. Life gems can give things like 10% chance of banish undead upon hit) then put the gem in last to increase the odds of getting an enchant you do want, see the thread @Arcadeguy linked to.

You get bonus producer XP, but no the extra 50 durability is valuable enough by itself.

A single masterwork adds +2, a successful socket (which you can only do once) is +1 and enchants vary, minor ones are +1, major ones add more pluses. As @StarLord said, achieving 4 successful masterworks and 4 successful enchants on a single item has a very small chance of happening for even high level crafters.

10. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Dude, dont even waist you time unless you are content making mediocre things for years that you cant even sell for what you put into them. Especially if you are a more casual player. I've dumped untold gold and time into crafting and Im years from catching up to some of the people in game. Im lucky enough to have a few high end crafter friends who will make stuff for me with mats.

Crafting is yet another system in this game designed for hard cores.

not joking... it will take you YEARS. I have 2 toons that are at producer lvl 69 each now... that has taken 9 months with some pretty hard grinding.

just not worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.