Want to start crafting/ enchanting

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Stundorn, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Hej, i hope someone can help me to briefly describe me what i need to do.
    I already crafted some furnishings, food, scrolls and components like leather or ingots etc...

I unlocked some Masterworking for carpentry and Blacksmithing, Enchanting, but all level 1.
    I now want to craft a Ring and a Necklace , later maybe staffs and other euqipment.

How to start now?

Are the Masterworked pieces special recipes, like for example Masterworked epic cloth chest or is it the normal recipe?

I until understand that you can have some masterwork boni and then can enchant this.
    And if the enchanting fails the Masterworked breaks, right?

What type of Rings and Necklaces can i craft, Masterworked or Enchanted or both?

If I have crafted a normal Ring, what I need to do next for example to make it a Ring of Tempestry +x?

Any good tutorials around?
    The ones i found are from 2014 , are they up to date?

2. tyorl999

tyorl999 Avatar

You got a PM with an small beginners-tutorial

Stundorn likes this.
  3. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

I have done two videos on the topic of placing gems in rings and Necklace hope they help you

Stundorn likes this.
  4. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Hi Stundorn,
    there are many crafting videos from @Lace available, just search for them.

To answer some questions:
    Masterwork is a special recipe for Blacksmith/Tailoring/Carpentry, you have to buy them e.g. in Owls Head (all three), same for Enchant.
    There is no special Masterwork recipe for a dedicated item, the Masterwork (and Enchant) will work for all eligible items (item has to be crafted, has to have enough durability left).

Masterwork and Enchant are independent. You can mix them as you like (I think up to 4 for both, but with a very low probability of success).
    If you fail a Masterwork or Enchant then the item is lost (including previous Enchants / Masterworks)

Currently rings and necklaces can only be enchanted, not masterworked. Cloaks can neither. Regular armor and weapons can get both.

You can additionally socket an item with a gem or even two gems (weapons, jewelry, chest armor). You need the corresponding gem(s) and the recipe(s) - buy them at Owls Head.

Ring of Tempestry +x: get a ring + Tempestry gem (Sapphire -> Alchemy) and socket the ring (recipe for socketing jewelry needed). You can then enchant the ring to get some +x.

You can ping me in game, I have the basic masterworks on GM, so can speed up your training (and reduce the huge number of silver/gold you need).

Note1: the main Masterwork/Enchant skills will improve the success rates. You should aim high for them.
    Note2: the 2nd Masterwork/Enchant skills (specialized) will give better options. Currently L32 is enough.

Xkhan, Zader and Stundorn like this.
  5. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Thank you all, i'll try to begin.
    No need for GM support atm, i won't grind, maybe watching out for a GM, but then it need connected to RP for me ;)
    But i first will just try out to understand how it works.

6. Lace

Lace Avatar

Once a month we hold a GM tutoring event in Diamond FIelds. I have not gotten it posted for this month but you bring your mats, join a group under a GM for the skill you are working on and 10% more of your pool per combine goes into leveling it. What that means is its less mats for you to level up. This is super important in MW and Enchanting because of the sheer volume of gold and silver needed to enchant and mw gear. For example it takes 20 pieces of ore to attempt and I mean attempt 1 enchantment, 20 silver to attempt one MW.

ship2, StarLord and discipleofweb like this.
  7. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Oha, good to know , do you have a link for the announcement thread for this.
    If I wouldn't have timezone issues I would be glad to visit.
    I have collected some Silver and Gold, but sure not that much to effectively level those skills.
    But I'll try to start to make me a ring and a necklace these days and enchant them.

8. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

9. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Sara Dreygon has a thread on masterworking to get an idea of how much materials and XP you would need to do it.

I am also saving up XP and materials by mining in Elysium as much as possible.

I try to max out as much as possible with gathering time bonus and meticulous collection percentage by using a bronze engraved pickaxe, Obsidian potions - Expedience and Precision and having high mining skills.

10. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

initial enchanting items are garbage, you will lost tons of gold ore and silver ore until craft usefull gear. Elysium mine is the best place for gold and silver ore.

for 100 enchant and 92 weapon enchant i spent about 35k of gold ore (2 months of hardcore mining).

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  11. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

As some know, i wont grind and then maybe get first result in 2 or 3 years.
    But i have no problem with that.
    Trying to rush it by grind would end up in Frustration and burnout for me.
    But i'm going to make some engraved Tools as i already made a bronce engraved carpentry Hammer to be able to learn the harpsichord recipe.
    But still collecting copper to craft it.
    Takes me 2 weeks for 400 ore's or so :D
    So, thanks for the Tips, but my approach to it will be way more slow and by the way.
    Maybe then it will never be have a proper result, but if i grind the result is clear. I would soaked in to some race, loose fun, quit game.
    Therefore good work for all the hard workers, i'll do it the lazy way and set me a goal for ~2021 ;)

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Good method. The speedy method is "take all your money, throw it in the trash."

Stundorn likes this.
  13. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I also cannot get rid of the idea that a lot of powergrinders will some day complain as hell, because things become easier one day .
    " Serious Portalarium, i grinded 5000 hours collecting 7 quadrillion ores to be the master of all hero Crafter Uber Avatar of the 9 realms and now some casual kiddy can get it while 3 weeks of casual gaming???"
    Not exactly that, but kind of. Time will tell , I just play like I have fun to play, everybody should do that.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  14. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

Are you serious ? 400 are gathered in about 2 hours of mining... you are doing it totally wrong

15. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

@Stundorn It's pretty ironic that you spend most of your time on the forums "grinding". If you had to guess, how many hours do you think you have you spent grinding/writing to tell people to stop grinding?

I personally just like to enjoy the forums and post casually on certain topics. I don't understand why some people keep grinding away on here. I hope you don't get burned out :D

Stundorn likes this.
  16. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

its worktime, unfortunately i cannot play while in the office, but i can spam the forum :p

StarLord and GreyMouser Skye like this.
  17. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

maybe - if i collect copper in Verdantis, know some other places, but with less nodes and bad respawn and also Mobs around (Desolis, several Scenes etc.) i can't get more.
    And fyi i'm < level 70, so i cannot kill them in 5 seconds ;)

GreyMouser Skye likes this.
  18. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I really wish you wouldn't spam them so much. I prefer people to take it slower on the forums. If you read a message you want to comment on, just make a mental note, then come back in a couple weeks to write a response.

If you just read them and respond so fast, your going to grind through the forum to fast! Please slow it down, maybe try to cut down to just a couple posts a day.

sandboxmmorpg likes this.
  19. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I got you :D

Aples, Oranges, Banana's?

Yes! BANANA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Adam Crow likes this.
  20. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

This was really helpful - thank you for question OP and the answers! Some follow up questions:
    1. Starlord mentioned "up to 4 each" does that mean I should only try to upgrade each 4 times?
    2. Sword+Chest armor can be socketed twice? Is that how the +20 is coming from? If I did 2 different gems would it be +10 for each?
    2. What is the 'sequence' I need to follow? I am guessing:
    -Craft until I have "exceptional" item (+1(does the exceptional do anything else)?)
    -Socket the item (say its a sword so I would socket twice?)
    -Masterwork the item 4 times (now +5 or scraps)
    -Enchant 4 times (now +9 or scraps)

LOVE the tip on 'how far to skill up'....specifically the L32 for Masterwork specific items.
    What skill level would you recommend to be able to reliably masterwork an item 4 times and enchant an item 4 times?

Thanks!

Stundorn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.