Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

wanted: skylights

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by ThurisazSheol, Aug 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

I would love to have some skylights in my lord marshal home. specifically on the top level with the canopy. i'd love to be able to sit in my hot tub, and look thorugh that roof to see the stars.

2. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

That would be awesome for an add on for all house types, oh yea I want to see the stars too and the sun and the the what ever is out there :)

3. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

top story of a knight marshal home - can walk on, but can't place anything on the glass.. that would make that particular home VERY desirable in my opinion.

i'd pay 30 bucks for skylights i can 'upgrade' my home with.. which opens up the whole idea someone else had months ago, placing a greenhouse on a row house, too.. or even making a lighthouse an observatory instead.

wow, i'm really excited about this as even a prospect.. can i be a fly on the wall for the conversation on this? :)

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  4. Elhaym

Elhaym Avatar

Yes, we need to draw more attention to our astronomy system. Have you tried the adobe homes?

5. redfish

redfish Avatar

!!!!

I'd really like a conservatory!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

What we really need are modular homes, which we can attach units to, and replace units! But I guess not Ep. 1.

Spoon, Chatele, Lord Baldrith and 3 others like this.
  6. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

yep yep yep. maybe even allowing us to build the homes, and modify them with crafting materials. I figure skylights could be a very good start. - small changables for the pledge and addon houses, and more modifications available to 'custom home building' like special materials for roofs and rooflines, materials used on siding and floorplans. - but as you said, certainly not even for ep1.

Chatele and Lord Baldrith like this.
  7. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yea, but I'd make clear I like adding the idea of units/modules to homes, or changing around other things, much more than custom building homes from individual walls. I think it turned out to be a mess in UO.

Chatele likes this.
  8. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i'd have to agree - get the mats for the whole piece, not slapping on mortar to each brick manually.

9. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Building it from scratch would be fun ....

10. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

but thats what minecraft is for.

no, wait. it isn't. even they have multipe bricks per block on their textures.

tells me, 'more with less' is a good philosophy in a situation like this, when looking at the players perspectives.

while i personally would be VERY happy with having to learn carpentry to build the roof, blacksmithing for the nails, etc...most people would not agree with that.

11. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Well it doesn't have to be that complicated..... it is a GAME, not real life, so the devs can make it so we build the foundation (cement/bricks or wood, walls, doors, roof and windows.) use wooden pegs instead of nails to fasten things... yes yes they can my precious .....

12. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

not even that complicated. if you want, say, a sun room addon. you need X amount of sand for the glass, and Y amount of iron for the fittings, Z amount of wood planks for the foundation.. throw it into the crafting system and bam you have your addon in full. - if this becomes an in-game-obtainable thing.

or toss it onto the addon store, and let us buy it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.