War Stories: Lord British created an ecology for Ultima Online...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daxxe Diggler, Dec 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

[​IMG]

Proteus Tempest likes this.
  2. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

I worked as a MYUO, 20 of us when it first launched, a paid position with Origin. And was the last contractor MOD to leave the day it closed. At the end I worked for Greywolf & Cynthe who reported to Sannio. Yes the same Sannio that is now here.

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Rada Torment like this.
  3. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Thats the kind of content that can only be positive for our forums, people love those stories when elegantly injected in small snippets in appropriate tense discussions :) its the perfect de-fuser.

I am not claiming to even know exactly what was going on then legally or professionally and who did what, I'm not a sociopath who stalks people... I just know what I was offered, basically making 6 figures out of hacked economy, having hackers working to supplant other hackers that might want to do the same thing and create a monopoly of sorts, bunch of lawyers and the whole masquerade of social engineers and even religious people (wth) who took very, very seriously my role of Bal-Lem.

I have no interest in accusing anyone directly, karma takes care of everything for me, I'm a devotee to the art.

My only interest here is that people know the truth and stop rationalizing in a shallow way what ruined Richard's vision... sure some can be attributed to lag and technical limitations... some can be attributed to the highly anti-social cast of people who only wanted to make other's lives miserable, but not all of it.

And thats what people have to understand here, most of those people were being actively recruited by the RMT ringlords (I know fascinating parallel with tolkien, intentional from King Gariott ? easter egg bonanza!) who are basically the obsidian cabalists, in order to destabilize the unity of the felucan population, which didn't create many customers because of the player based economy (let that sink in for a while). I was supposed to lead them... but the plotline was a double secret, and the goal of the followers of armageddon storyline was in fact reseting the economy, wiping all house content and banks. It was a noble goal served by the "evil" NPCs (seer and GM team).

But then we know what happened, a cleverly timed scapegoat, and EA fired the whole origin story team, the storyline halted completely and the EULA changed to protect players privacy in their virtual houses. Who made that request you think ? Those who didn't want the economy to be reset and all their dupes they had filled houses with to till the roof cracked.

Then they worked hard to push people out of felucaa, bring them to a much more profitable trammel (yes I concede to the fact the game was more profitable for a period of time, for EA and RMT) and slowly but surely change the game from skill centric to item centric, while keeping a very healthy "rare" market which many scandals have stricken. The infamous age of shadows, very appropriately named, and intentionally so. Thats when the biggest wave of players left, the crash after, when even players who were pillars of the community and had museums and theaters left in abject anger.

I know that when I blew the whistle EA ignored me, people who wrote critical blogs ignored me, even people I knew who were highly interested in behind the scene happenings ignored me. It made no sense at all, people were interested in those facts, and I even had proof.

Then I was laughed at, hacked,doxed AND harassed by those people.

Who in the right mind would refuse 6 figures for running a few hacks+macros ?

Yours truely... it pissed them off to no end and now they relish in the fact I was getting ostracized, they still do.

That is how the stranger, or original Avatar became central to our SOTA story, hence my perseverance and highly emotional responses to our repeating mistakes and ghosts from the past.

The lore and story is beautifully weaved in that sense, it clearly shows the genius and vision of King Gariott :

His character always was and always will be against the cabalists, the RMT and the oracle. It's all a great metaphor of exquisite intricacy.

I have resisted temptation, survived the abyss, defeated my guardian, and ascended.

My mentor, our liege and his people are irreproachable. They have braved the storm as much as I have, and lets not forget the NCSoft Tabula Rasa episode which was basically another conspiration against their vision.

We are going round and round...

4. Birko

Birko Avatar

Now your name makes sense ! I can now hear it in my mind.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  5. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I've abbreviated it for convenience :rolleyes:

6. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Hopefully yall can help me hold the light up high, and we'll never hear again that Lord British sold UO to get a few millions to go to space, and abandoned us all.

There is nothing further from the truth, our devs are pure of intention and they were never compensated fairly for their contribution and genius. The got the small end of the stick in each and every project they directed because of that exact reason, they are pro player economy and ethics.

Ethics isn't popular in this shark infested waters that is corporate domain.

Our devs are our companions.

Now they must face the flames of people doubting their intention, while carrying the weight of the stone from their previous endeavors.

I'm looking to remedy that situation, but not with simple generalizations which will be soon forgotten and suffer the telephone effect.

Our devs are warriors, they are fighting against the powers that be.

I'm just warning you all, since we know our "enemies" are highly intelligent and technologically advanced... our step towards cryptocurrency can only amplify our ethical dilemma.

It's a big step... theres a saying... better safe than sorry, better prevent than heal.

We have not much time left to adapt our ethics.

7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

You're not well... please seek help.

Koss likes this.
  8. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

So it's Doctor D'asperdi now ?

There are still people who beleive that, some of whom become very obsessive SOTA haters think exactly that, that he's a sellout.

Truth is always first ridiculed...

9. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

So I'd be inclined to balance your experience of people who are "unwell" on the internet with the fact that this experience does not seem to include motivations ?

Result is null and void...

I just repaired my snowblower motor on my own, didn't need help... now I smell of grease and gas, firewood and crispy snow.

It's -34 outside, I need to go work in town doing something that uses 10% of my capacities that anyone can do. Been doing that, and supporting SOTA for 3+ years...

Am I unwell ?

All of a sudden, I would have an identity crisis... boom... its funny to ponder I do indulge you dear Rufus, my main nemesis :D such nerds we are...

What irritates you is that I'm open to correction, and I've been known to correct myself on multiple occasions, Devs never feared to tell me how it is, and I've never bothered anyone again about it.

However on that particular issue, nobody is really correcting me, rather simply blanketing over what I'm saying and trying to "catch me off guard"... heading deep into nerd territory :)

I might have all the dates and names wrong, but I'm still pursuing the truth, which has not been disputed once.

So instead of relying on weak tactics, why not point out exactly where this obviously important issue to you fits in with how the ecology for ultima online ruined by *some* players ? :p

It's because its the truth. King Gariott is simply much more subtle in the way he gets the point across.

Just swallow the pill and go take some fresh air, like I did. As I said at the end of the day, its no big deal now RMT is the norm and I don't intend to attempt anything even in my wildest dreams to affect anything that goes down, that is not my function here, I act merely as a messenger.

I don't think I'm a prophet, just a lucky stranger. Know your history, avatar.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  10. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

this probably goes for everyone here.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  11. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

You seem to have lost your legs and sacrum, please seek help :p

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  12. Senjut

Senjut Avatar

Thread TL;DR: