We are EA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Verit, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

OMG this! You hit the nail on the head there. Also with the "not everyone has housing", but especially this quote. I would love to see a progress chart for the kickstarter promises and the kickstarter stretch goals, and to have them listed on the roadmap. Here is from the Kickstarter (personally I want to know about the 2million stretch goal pertaining to pvp)
    "
    Shroud of the Avatar is the “spiritual successor” to Richard’s previous work in the FRP genre. Our primary objectives are to tell a story even more compelling than Ultimas IV-VII, create a virtual world more interactive than Ultima VII, develop deep rich multi-player capabilities beyond combat akin to Ultima Online, and offer a bold new approach to integrate them with “Selective Multi-Player”.

• Shroud of the Avatar is infused with rich storylines, deeply integrated into game play, developed by Best Selling Author Tracy Hickman and RPG legend Richard Garriott.
    • Players will adventure in an interactive world where their choices have consequences, ethical paradoxes give them pause, and they play a vital part in weaving their own story into the immersive world and lore surrounding them.
    • Shroud of the Avatar is a Selective Multiplayer game, allowing players to choose how they want to play! Whether in Single-Player Offline mode or any of three online modes, the main quest line will provide greater than 40 hours of focused, story driven content.
    • Shroud of the Avatar can be played as an offline DRM free solo experience or online, where our servers will enable player to player transactions, group finding, patching, streaming of dynamic content, and exploit prevention.
    • Built using the Unity Game Engine, Shroud of the Avatar will support Win/Mac/Linux for official launch.
    • Players can specialize in a wide range of combat and non-combat skills, provided by a robust, classless skill system, and full-featured crafting and housing mechanics. Play the way you want to play, molding your character into the hero, anti-hero, or artisan you want to be!
    • Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtue is the first of a 5 game series of full-length, stand-alone games (each using the same game system), referred to as Episodes 1 through 5. Estimated availability of Episode 1, Forsaken Virtues, is October 2014, with Episodes 2 through 5 estimated for subsequent yearly releases.
    • Shroud of the Avatar is a “buy-to-play” game that, once purchased, does not require a subscription to play!

[​IMG]

2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I love PVP and the guild wars is what i push for the most.
    I say this because

I belive this came up as the counter argument before ..
    *we can own CASTLE style houses already! Check
    *I can declare war with my guild on another guild, by saying it! Check
    *All my members can flick on PVP, by simply doing it! Check!
    *Guilds can EARN a guildhouse and bank. You grinded that gold? You spent those CoTOS? Mark it a guild hall! Guild house achieved! Now add chests, set permissions = bank! Check!
    *guild tabbards/flags ? Its coming! * Not check!
    *5 castle types! They have castle blocks you can make, so with a full sized lot you can build anything! OR if you own a POT you can make any keep you want! Check!
    *Castle merchants with unique stuff ! Those castle type homes have personal player vendors = unique! Check!
    *Castle defense scenarios. You can both flag and fight in anyones castle/keep ! Unique fighting experiance! Check!

I only remember this because it made me mad lol.

I coulda swore this is like.. the exact type of answer we got last time this post went up.. and it led to me asking about guild wars etc etc Coarse then it goes * bla bla your fault for expectations .. bla bla we can check it off because TECHHHNICALLY .. (as i stated ) *

And they said in the missed questions they wanted to add real guild wars involving a keep capture/castle capture. That also includes craftable siege equipment defensivly/offensivly.
    and ive been like! Fck YA! ever since. but they hve not actually elaborated if this is a Episode 1 goal.. or one of those *we want to do this eventually....* type things. And they havnt really elaborated on it since.

Kaisa, Preachyr and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  3. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Yes, this is an unanswered question, if it has been answered it has not been answered fully. In the past, even before Vallo, I championed these questions and never have gotten the answer to them. Trust me I scoured over every bit if info I could find at the time. Maybe thats why I have grown into a bland personality that has pretty much become a drone and void of feeling anymore. Man, for the first couple years I had so much passion and drive, but it got clubbed like a baby seal.....

Preachyr and MrBlight like this.
  4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I know we wanted elaboration to these questions. Got moderated and told to make a specific thread. We did so. Had no dev answer only the same people flooding it with garbage. Got locked.
    Rinse and repeat.. i know Avery was told specifically to post asking about this, and he did. and it went unasnwerd.
    I still ask and mention it as often as i can, in hope they elaborate!
    @Chris Tell me how good guildwars are going to be damnit! Is it in the making? Is it in the near future? Will it be over a coarse of time? Is it going to take actual skill?! the suspense is killing me!

Kaisa, Preachyr and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  5. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I would assume they are obligated to have all these by episode 1 launch date. The question is: When is the official launch date. Now I want a good game just as much as the others, but I want to play it sometime before I die.

Preachyr and Sir Cabirus like this.
  6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

TEccchnically, all they need is a customizable flag for POT Owners or something.. and they can check it all off lol .. The whole small print thing.
    Thats why i like when they elaborate on things officially.

Preachyr likes this.
  7. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I might disagree with this, I really want nothing to do with pots. These things need to happen in the NPC world towns and storyline towns. Pots are just private spaces for owners and have no storyline attached. They are or where intended basically for overflow, but they are not needed to play the game.

MrBlight and Preachyr like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.