Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

We are still unable to...

Discussion in 'Release 6 Feedback' started by Nikko, May 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Look straight up, or zoom to first person view... :(

I really hope this happens at some point before launch of E1. This seems like a no-brainer that would be relatively easy to accomplish, and help SOOO much. I still hate being indoors in third person view, and not being able to look at the second story windows of a house if you are standing next to said house. Very odd blocks that seem unnecessary.

2. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Still unable to look around just by moving the mouse around too. Still unable run forward just by clicking the right mouse button. For some 'illogical' reason you are required to press both. Mind boggling.

nonobadkitty and Time Lord like this.
  3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Well, the right button has a different predefined use, to mouse look around. It can't be used to move you forward and to perform mouse look actions. I'm not in game right now so I can't test this right now, but you might be able to switch functionality in game in the controls section. I know the movement keys can be changed but not sure if th emouse button can be assigned to it; I've not had the desire to set a mouse button to move forward since I'm use to using two mouse buttons to move forward and right mouse button to look around.

MalakBrightpalm and Time Lord like this.
  4. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Have you tried zooming right in and then using the "/visible" command to remove your character's body ?

If you have your weapon out, it is the only thing visible, and looks remarkably like a First Person perspective.

Providing you can ignore the whole "floating weapon phenomena", all that is really necessary now is to have the option stay that way between zoning. :)

5. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

NRaas, Thank you! I'd never even thought of that. Still doesn't allow us to look straight up, but I think this is getting much closer to what I am hoping for. Great idea, sir!

NRaas likes this.
  6. Net

Net Avatar

I would love to be able to switch to first person view and look around (with TrackIR, Oculus Rift, or just some key+mouse movement).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.