We can talk about it? SeedInvest

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stephalan, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephalan

Stephalan Avatar

You say we can talk about it yet you locked the thread. That seems a bit contradictory to me. If we are allowed to talk about it leave the thread open for discussion. This is a huge concern for everyone in this community. And turning a blind eye to it seems irresponsible to me. You can not ignore these questions forever. People want to know the truth. I have stayed away from these forums for this exact reason. I was told don't voice your opinion you will be moderated. So I did that. My original post may be the first post I made I truly don't remember after four years. But one post about what most of us are thinking gets locked? Come on. I have been coming to these forums everyday for a very long time keeping up with the game. And there are a lot of people like me who have a voice and stay in the shadows for fear of criticism. Let's be real anything negative about this game gets moderated from what I have seen. I truly think you all need to hold a live stream and explain yourselves. Countdown to this thread getting either locked or deleted.

Blackghost, Pikegirl, Cream2 and 9 others like this.
  2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

A lot of the questions are actually answered in Baron's other one about the story release.

It basically left of with Berek saying they had to go adjust information thats on Seedfast as its causing confusion.

Im not crazy about it, but gonna give them a day or 2 to adjust the information on there now that its been pointed out numerous times how inaccurate it is. In a few days or end of weekend if things are still massively contradictory ? It wil be worth reposting.

3devious, Pikegirl, Pongster and 5 others like this.
  3. Stephalan

Stephalan Avatar

And you believe that?

Cream2, Salix, Ice Queen and 3 others like this.
  4. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

Yes, thats their way and i really dont like it. "Hey, look, something said that will make us look bad, i will lock it"

digriz, Cream2, Sir Cabirus and 4 others like this.
  5. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I belive that i will give him a few days to adjust and go over the lul of conflictions, before i re read and repost? Yes i do.

My point is that there was about 8-9 threads that went up. All saying the same thing.
    Berek actually went and answered the one, saying they were going to go review and clean up the obvious conflictions. ( Go over the seed site )

So... you can keep posting and being surprised its getting locked like the other 8... since he already posted the answer.
    Or you can give it a day or 2, see if they make any changes. THEN point out the fact its still glaringly wrong information.

Personally im going to wait a few days, before i re - read and re-itterate the same points over and over, when they clearly have been called out all day on it heh.

Dont get me wrong, its some glaring and BS stuff, that in the current context is horse **** an false info. But thats been made abundently clear today to them. lol

( Im actually enjoying the reddit absolutley disecting the seed site. I figure after Port clarifies, ill go over it again myself more close.)

6. ridicOne

ridicOne Avatar

Except they have a SEC C document with those words already on it. Don't you find that odd? Wouldn't you proof that better?

Salix, Ice Queen and Mykll like this.
  7. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Me? Of coarse i would.
    And of coarse I do.

I was just forwarding the answer berek gave, incase it got missed. And pointing out that he said he was forwarding it all and having that whole page re looked at just for the OP's FYI, as with all the threads on same thing, it was easy to be missed.

In no way am i defending their post or the information on it. Just clarifying that their CURRENT answer was posted ( and that, is that hes going to have it all looked over again ) lol

IF it was ME, i wouldnt have glaring contradictory posts on launch dates, content etc etc on every single description of my game lol.

Salix, Mykll, Leelu and 1 other person like this.
  8. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Oh I made the mistake of doing that just to see what that "group" has to say. I last about 5 seconds between the usual conspiracy theories. Im surprised they haven't started claiming RG was cloned on the ISS when he was on space and send down to the earth to create SOTA which its real purpose is to hypnotize the world for the incoming alien invasion.

I think Port should request from Readit the IP address's of everyone who posts there, my guess they will find IP's for the marketing department of several major billion dollar gaming corporations marketing departments paid to throw out "alternative facts" about the game. Im actually not joking about this.

You see this kinda thing daily now, look at what Comcast got caught doing with net neutrality.

9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]

10. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

Are you kidding me? Do you really think there is a vast conspiracy against Shroud & Portalarium? They've done this all on their own.

For instance, there is some detail on the licensing agreement with a foriegn company in the seed documents. This detail discusses commercial release as part of when the agreement would end. I would really like to know when that bit of the contract was or will be satisfied.

Kaisa, digriz, 3devious and 2 others like this.
  11. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We understand your concerns, and our apologies about being so overly restrictive here. This is purely because of the legality of how SeedInvest is setup. You can only post constructive questions without what's called "Tombstone" information from the SeedInvest. Even then, we have to direct you to the SeedInvest website.

Please know that SeedInvest takes these sort of discussions VERY serious. We basically can only point you to the official SeedInvest page where questions will then be answered there. We cannot legally talk about anything Tombstone related.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  12. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

There's allot of that which is lawyer talk and must be included.
    My thoughts and opinions; :oops:
    This is a no loose situation Add-On Store styled bundle offer with an added perk of an actual share in the company o_O...

But lets say that EA Games or Origin wants to buy Portalarium or it's game, then that's a big game changer o_O? I don't know, but it would seem that something legal would have to transact into another commodity share or buyout, which may be less than what we paid for it... "But they can't take the virtual items away" o_O or maybe they could, who knows... yet I'd say that attacking the fans of the game would be a bad way to get them to remain players of it :p So I'm thinking we'd keep those. I don't truly care if they ever send me back a single $1.00... and want to buy my share in the company with even more virtual property :D It's a no lose situation to me :p We get cool virtual stuff for having bought it in the first place, which seems the equal of many of our bundles costs in our Add-On Store :confused:

I don't see it as a share hold with perks, I see it as a pledge with something of deeper value within it. My ingame bank through my early pledge is filled right now and gained more the longer I've kept it, which acted much like a share hold with dividends, so I see this share holder offer "as nothing but love" because those same virtual items could have been packaged as a bundle and sold in our Add-On Store... yet instead, they now will call me a part owner in the company with unknown future value o_O...
    That's Great a Deal! :D~Time Lord~
    (and BTW... I'm posting these comments before entering into the agreement which doesn't cover past statements being made about the investment opportunity before entering the agreement) ;)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    3devious and Leelu like this.
  13. Stephalan

Stephalan Avatar

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

LOL, Ports attempt at saving SOTA versus the communities response to the false description(Poorly worded) of game :

Salix, Ice Queen and Blake Blackstone like this.
  15. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I don't think Portalarium was hostile in there responses in Reddit... the only HOSTILITY there was coming from the users...

they're just basically saying they can't talk about it outside of SeedInvest... any queries, questions, information, etc. must come from the SeedInvest site...

sir, you might not be bound by an investment site to what you can do or say but not them... they are legally bound by whatever rules or law they agreed to...

so go ahead and discuss it where ever you want but if you want information and queries answered then go to the SeedInvest website because you won't get it anywhere and I think that is pretty simple enough to understand... o_O

and I think that's basically what Portalarium is saying...

16. reuge

reuge Avatar

Portalarium can't discuss about their public fund raising doesn't mean the public can't discuss about it. We do not possess material non public information nor are bounded by any NDA. Deleting our public comments and public information about investing in port just make port look bad, like there is something to hide.

Mykll, Pikegirl, Jens_T and 3 others like this.
  17. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I think what @Berek is saying is... they can't have it discussed in their Company Owned and Run communities like this forum because it might violate some rules...

obviously, anyone can discuss it anywhere else... like in Reddit for example... you can even discuss it in MMORPG.com and I'm sure those discussions will stay there undeleted... :D

Time Lord and 2112Starman like this.
  18. reuge

reuge Avatar

Deleting information which is in a public domain - Seedinvest just looks like an awful attempt to keep players here in the dark.

Mykll likes this.
  19. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I don't think it's possible to delete information that is in the public domain... as they say, once it's in the internet... it stays in the internet... :)

I'm just saying how I understand what @Berek is saying... which is, they can't have discussions about the SeedInvest offer in their Company Run and Owned Communities (i.e. this forum) as per whatever rules or regulation they agreed with SeedInvest...

Time Lord likes this.
  20. reuge

reuge Avatar

This is how finance works. Employees in Portalarium are considered to be in a privilege position, so call insider. Hence, they may possess material non public information that are sensitive. However, we only discuss information they release in the public domain. Why restrict us? They can't talk doesn't mean we can't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.