Weapon Bonuses and Enhanced crafting.

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Jayfire, Mar 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayfire

Jayfire Avatar

So this is more of an idea then a wishlist request.
    So I have been playing this game since release 10 but not a whole lot until persistence hit, but a couple of features that had been talked about that I really look forward to I'm still waiting on. One being able to give unique names to the armor and weapons you craft. Perhaps you should only beable to name +10 gear or higher so that any unique named armor or weapon is at least of +10 quality. Another feature I have been waiting for is weapons or gear gaining a bonus against a creature type after it has been used in a battle so many times. So I'm sure there will be a system that keeps track of kills for each creature type and the first creature type you get to 2000 kills with grants a random bonus towards that creature type out of a pool of choices. Well I was thinking that a craftsman who goes out into the field of battle with the gear he personally made might beable to come up with enhancements to that gear against a creature type perhaps say even after 1000 kills so after a weapon has 1000 kills on it against a creature type the crafter could go back and make adjustments and enhance his gear to be more effective and instead of just getting a random bonus out of the pool he would get a choice out of 3 like our current masterworking or enchanting works. Then perhaps when sold if another player uses that weapon they could get a second bonus against that creature type if they get to 5000 kills, since it is a more unique weapon it takes more time to master it and since it is already tailored to killing that creature type it takes more finease to really understand how to use it hince the 5000 kills. Then once a weapon has hit this point it has gone through 6000 kills in the field but it becomes truly legendary having a double bonus against said creature type. This could allow weapons to be more tailored towards different objectives or enemies making players want to have multiple sets of gear or weapons and increase trade in the marketplace. Also I know that they only were planning on having weapons gain a bonus after a set time against an enemy and so perhaps the weapon bonuses could be high, but maybe a crafter could take a piece of armor into battle for a bit and then have the ability to enhance it with much lighter bonuses in comparison to weapons.

Jonah Hayes likes this.
  2. Jonah Hayes

Jonah Hayes Avatar

• You might want to rewrite this post using list items for readability, but you have some nice ideas in there :)

Montaigne likes this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Do waeapons last that long? 6000 against one creature, plus the others you smoked on the side?

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

So this is more of an idea then a wishlist request.

So I have been playing this game since release 10 but not a whole lot until persistence hit, but a couple of features that had been talked about that I really look forward to I'm still waiting on. One being able to give unique names to the armor and weapons you craft. Perhaps you should only be able to name +10 gear or higher so that any unique named armor or weapon is at least of +10 quality.

-Another feature I have been waiting for is weapons or gear gaining a bonus against a creature type after it has been used in a battle so many times. So I'm sure there will be a system that keeps track of kills for each creature type and the first creature type you get to 2000 kills with grants a random bonus towards that creature type out of a pool of choices.

-Well I was thinking that a craftsman who goes out into the field of battle with the gear he personally made might be able to come up with enhancements to that gear against a creature type perhaps say even after 1000 kills so after a weapon has 1000 kills on it against a creature type the crafter could go back and make adjustments and enhance his gear to be more effective and instead of just getting a random bonus out of the pool he would get a choice out of 3 like our current masterworking or enchanting works.

- Then perhaps when sold if another player uses that weapon they could get a second bonus against that creature type if they get to 5000 kills, since it is a more unique weapon it takes more time to master it and since it is already tailored to killing that creature type it takes more finesse to really understand how to use it hence the 5000 kills.

-Then once a weapon has hit this point it has gone through 6000 kills in the field but it becomes truly legendary having a double bonus against said creature type.

-This could allow weapons to be more tailored towards different objectives or enemies making players want to have multiple sets of gear or weapons and increase trade in the marketplace. Also I know that they only were planning on having weapons gain a bonus after a set time against an enemy and so perhaps the weapon bonuses could be high, but maybe a crafter could take a piece of armor into battle for a bit and then have the ability to enhance it with much lighter bonuses in comparison to weapons.

There you go. I like your ideas really a lot. The legendary weapon idea was a bit like what I envisioned on the idea of the weapons getting attuned to our avatar and gaining attributes, but I know atm some directions changed but it doesn't mean some of it we can't come back to once the game is more complete. We still have more things coming in and problably once systems are completed with their features and land mass is in for this release there will be many things we can go back and do before commercial release or at least in Episode 2 or after release since additions will continue. ;)

Bow Vale and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  5. Jayfire

Jayfire Avatar

Thank you majoria for doing that for me, not going to lie the ideas were just kind of spewing forth onto the page lol. As for the numbers that I used, they were an example and loosly based of the steam achievements that have been set up, in steam to be a legendary adventurer you need 5000 kills which I'm at 4805 but I have a suspicion that it has stopped at that point... but that is for a different thread once I can confirm that it is not increasing. I know that there is still a lot that needs to be done and many other things I'm looking forward to, mini-games for crafting perhaps needing multiple crafters to make large items like ships or siege equipment maybe even unique houses and player crafted items going into the loot table. I figured getting some ideas out there earlier might spark some new ideas to the dev team once they start reaching these new features. As it stands I do really enjoy the game and will continue to play. Also to address Vladimir yes a weapon can last that long, If it is a exceptional weapon to start with it boosts the durability with the new enchanting system allowing to add some max duriability back also helps and to get to that point you might have to spend one coto on the weapon to repair its max durability at some point in its life but if a weapon does last in battle for that long that would be considered quite a feat and a reward for it lasting for so long does not seem so far fetched ;).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.