Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Weapon Cut Gem

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Synergy, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Synergy

Synergy Avatar

Are weapon cut gems currently in the game? I have uncut garnets and emeralds, is that what they're used for?

2. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Anyone know how to get one?

Cypher Black

Tahru likes this.
  3. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Speak to one of the apprentice recipe guys in Owl's Head. Scroll all the way down. Bring a heavy gold purse.

Tahru likes this.
  4. Blackwood

Blackwood Avatar

Go to Owl's Nest. In the room w/ the 2 wolves you can harvest the really large crystals. You have a chance to get uncut gems. Problem is that many others are doing the same so the odds or finding an unharvested node is slim. I think there are only 4 such nodes.

5. Reviled

Reviled Avatar

I've not yet run into a version of Owl's Nest that even had other players in it. The crystals DO have a respawn on them, so the best thing to do after breaking them all is to walk to the overworld map and sit there for a few minutes, or to take the leisurely stroll to kingsport and sell them to the alchemist there. That said, you have the chance to get the uncut sapphire gem from ANY of the crystal clusters, not just the giant ones, which ups your chances to about 7. The average seems to be 2 gems per visit to the map. Sometimes there's only one, and on rare occasions (often after a long period of time) I've picked up to 4 of them in one visit.

6. Darian

Darian Guest

uncut gems do not work, you have to buy them from the owls nest crafting apprentice behind the counter when you enter from the market to the left.
    about 4k gold if i remember right,. way down past the cooking receips.
    He sells two gems with diff color, what they do no idea, crafting is right now too broken to risk all the ore i found so faar...

Gem mines have an hidden room if you follow tracks and turn right at the Y , break a wall at the end of the road and you can digg in a lot.
    Mind the small dragons.

7. Leviathan Alestorm

Leviathan Alestorm Avatar

Rubies give you %10 Fire Magic Damage and sapphires give your weapon +2 air damage.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  8. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Eventually I believe we'll be able to craft 'cut gems' from the gatherable 'uncut gems' but I do not believe that ability is in the game currently. If anyone knows differently, please speak up!

Duke Raas and Tahru like this.
  9. Darian

Darian Guest

Oi, the way i waste mobs right now i become OP with an weapon that has extra damage

Asclepius likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.