What can I do with my stuff?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Dec 2, 2023.

1. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I don't play very often anymore, but I've got a respectable stash of stuff just sitting in my bank. I have at least 50 arties, about 60 beetle carapaces, 50 ancient essences, lots of gems etc., and about 680,000 gold pieces.

Were I to sell a whole bunch of stuff, what could I do with the gold outside of the obvious "buy better gear"? I'm not all that interested in constructing my own house or starting my own town, I just want to kill stuff and finish quests.

I'm a polearm/heavy armor/water magic player if that makes any difference.

Thoughts?

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I am not sure of what you want to do with things but it's ok if you don't play much. Why do you want to give it all away? Perhaps one day life will do a shift and you will want to putter with this game again. Anyway whatever you decide best wishes to you.

3. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Deco / Property / Gear are the main trade items for sure.

Only other thing that occurs off the top of my head are materials to level crafting?

DalTXColtsFan likes this.
  4. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I don't remember the name of the sandwich, but there was some sandwich that for awhile gave a large number of producer XP - it had some guy's name and gave Moon Attunement. I feel like I remember all of the ingredients could be purchased from 2 or 3 vendors in Owl's Head, so I used to buy enough ingredients to make 2000+ sandwiches, which basically turned gold into producer XP at the end of the day.

Personally, I play around with crafting more in offline mode than in online mode, because in online mode, if I want to hoard 100 or so gold and silver ingots it's literally about 60 hours of doing nothing but skirt Elysium Mines and I think Crag Mines is the one that has a lot of gold and then a big gem cave after a lich fight and getting through a few fire elemental guardians. I don't have that much spare time. Offline I can edit my saved game file and boom I can play around with crafting anything I want.

With that said, I had a lot fun getting into the crafting system. Even as a heavy armor user you still get into textiles to make a cloak and still get into carpentry to make a spear handle. Cooking was also fun for awhile. And, of course, getting to the point where I could craft my own imbued health and focus potions, teleport to zone scrolls etc. was really cool.

5. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

More than anything, I know there are people who play the game a LOT - like almost full-time every week. I also know there are high-level players who happily take the time to take newbies under their wing and help them advance. If there's any chance that the stuff I have sitting in my bank doing nothing will be more valuable to someone else who could put it to good use, that's something I would consider.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  6. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

People that play the game like me just about every day for the last 5 years have hoarded loads of things. As you get to higher levels your gathering increases as meticulous increases. And higher level zones have better loot opportunities. I'm a heavy armor polearm and pet user myself. Getting GM and above on all crafting masterworks and enchant and being able to make all my own gear was extremely satisfying. Lot of people making gear now but other items sell very well. Setup a vendor and sell all your excess :)
    vj

Koimiko likes this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you can find things to do with the stuff and i think others in the thread are helping there, but you can also just not keep it:

there's a holiday gift exchange event you can donate to (and get a box yourself!)

you could also hold the first annual your-avatar's-name-here fishing contest/chess tournament/whatever. you can even include dev-provided trophies for the winner, if you request one with enough information and enough time ahead.

you could also ask @vulcanjedi about extra life.

Sean Silverfoot and vulcanjedi like this.
  8. queenbee

queenbee Avatar

Donate items to fishing contests and streamers.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.