What categories of arms and armor are intended to be represented in SotA by its release?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Alfric Jodoc, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alfric Jodoc

Alfric Jodoc Avatar

Hello,

I'm not sure if this has been discussed to death already, but I'm curious to see what sorts of arms and armor would ultimately be included in SotA.

So far, I'm only aware of shields, gambesons, mail, and plate protection, and bladed, bludgeon, polearm, and ranged weaponry.

However, are there some items that are left out of these categories, or possibly apply to both? For example, wooden practice swords—blade like usage, but bludgeon-like results. Is a staff a bludgeon or a polearm?

And, as far as I'm currently aware, I haven't encountered information on weapons like staves, flails, slings, whips, sickles/kamas, rapiers, and the like.

Also, what about armor such as lorica segmentata, scale armor/brigandine, or other such methods of defense?

I have no problem seeing certain types of weapon more or less falling under pre-existing categories, such as sabers, cutlasses, and falchions all being treated as scimitars, for example.

I'm quite curious to see what gets added in.

Tahru likes this.
  2. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

I've only heard of staves in reference to Casters, for their auto-attack. I don't think we've gotten any confirmation on use by Martial characters. There is leather armor, but I'm not certain what other light armors will be included, such as padded armor (not counting clothing worn by casters).

Tahru likes this.
  3. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I know wands for casters as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.