Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

What does Sota really need to grow now?

Discussion in 'Release 18 Feedback' started by mike11, Jun 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Hiss!! First, a big thanks for not turning on encounters.. Really a huge time save in order to get to see everything that I did. Now the big question, is will there be enough features in place for people to want to play this game besides to stay here for some kind of Role-playing and PvP community event? (eg players who spend less than the home ownership lots people do)

More stuff like user made levels, city builder interface for City Owners. City owners (and commnities) could have dungeon making area like a huge template to decorate (eg 16X the Basement size) and could be setup to include NPC's, give NPC quest giver abilities etc... I think this really needs to occur.

Give the game MAP interface some SERIOUS love!!! Fast travel, no loading, fully functional. We need more than just a close up of the ground. Reverse fog-of-war and LoS new skills for Exploring and new ways to interact with the OW. Zoom way the out so that world is more map sized and looking.. Even if your a stealthy class everyone can see you walking on the map? That doesn't really seem right..

Some sort of Dungeon experience that seems more like a open-world experience for players to explore like UO dungeons and not just simplistic small levels. It's always great to see dungeons on the map, knowing they are for advanced gameplay venturing there would be a whole new experience with some unique things related to the world going on's. Why not get the community involved more?

Much better support for the PvP community as far as all this Guild related pvp or faction battling and all the economic ties that go along with that. As a PvP'er I like to get drawn into players that are defending areas or attacking on sieges. This kind of things should have a deep-dive, a progression and replayability as well as end-game things. If there is no GUI elements then no new players are going to know about it.

Radicalize character creation.. Make this more like you really mean it, I know these guys can impress us more with characterizations and roleplaying types. Make more important your class role and or if he is evil or good.

Make a party game play actually important! Add lots of content and fix how players explore all the game as parties, and not parties that are only connected by a chat menu. Party gameplaying should be huge, you want to party with others especially for the action style game play using cards.

Overwork Cards already!! You've taken the feedback don't stop there add more features and make it even more fun. Special moves, team moves, counters, combat overhaul - there are tons of suggestions for combat!

Start addressing issues of ridiculous stacking and peculiar behavior of some decorations that produce results that defy physic's (ie clipping and tings)

Finish the world building now.. It seems like we just started now on the main continent, so little is added to it, really.. It's not even done yet! All the main cities need to become apparent main hubs for players and how the balance between the main "NPC areas" and the Player Owned towns. Why will players want to go to one or the other, or only stay in one type for all their playing? This game needs all the main cities ready for business and make them part of players travels, make traveling a expense and make it hard too.

Don't just flaunt us with Ultima virtue stuff, make it more important in game as far as character progression.. How are we even supposed to know? Titles or a criminal system or something like that I guess. How complex is this and is there "sides" or do you simply get thrown in jail or killed by guards?

Totally new dungeon kits for Unity masters to create with. I think this something that has not seen nearly enough attention and that is the dungeon areas are very bad and should be taken to a new level.. Either Portalarium should make improved dungeon biomes, many more times the amount current and better. Spend more time on high quality dungeons please!!!

I hope to see the game continue to grow!!! I hope that it becomes good, really I do. Many aspects of it really are very good and little improvement needed. I think it's lacking the ability for users to do more but Player Lots truly has transformed this game all ready. I wish to see many more things like U4 + UO but I am not really impressed in terms of combat and cards as it stands. There is just not enough depth to me such as fight stances and character progression beyond getting a nice home, which is just paying however much that is. It is easy for players to get into decorating and having many things that nobody can F*** with.

As far as I see it, right now, this game has no end-game thought of or remotely close to being implemented in a way this means something along the lines of new zones becoming available or conquer or even a need to build powerful armies. Hope they can do something interesting though.

cheers yall

2. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I don't want travel to be so fast, that it takes away from the immersion... Horses will add to the travel, I LOVE HORSES, and I want them to be useful..... I don't think IMHO that travel is all that slow..... Boats, Horses etc will help with the traveling.... maybe caravans you hire to take you to the main cities and towns, just the major ones, once you have visited it once....

Leostemplar, Kaisa and redfish like this.
  3. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

great post mike11

4. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

I am pretty confident that a lot of what your asking for will come with time. I assume you have been with the game for a while now and as a player it is easy for us to forget we are in pre-alpha. In traditional game development, real players would not even have their hands on the game yet. This is typically the building the systems phase. We are not even in alpha yet and even then real players rarely get alpha access. Fortunately or unfortunately how you look at it in the new crowd funded development process, we are getting our hands on the game much sooner. Now developers need to not only develop the major systems such as combat, crafting, conversation and economy as well as doing graphic updates and putting in things to keep a player base interested and attractive to new players. A lot of the things you want is stuff that comes on board late alpha and into early beta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.