What happens to a lot/house if character is deleted?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gypsy Lou, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gypsy Lou

Gypsy Lou Avatar

Sorry to re-post this in General, but I got only one response in Housing and no response to my next question, so I'm bringing this here for more general advice:

If I delete my character and create a new one, will my placed lot and house remain since they are account bound, and my new character can then manage them? Or will they revert immediately to the bank (and I thus lose my lot placement)?

Thanks,

2. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

I haven't tested this, but I believe it should stay where it was placed. Only thing I know for a fact is lost is anything your character has on it when it is deleted.

Ice Queen likes this.
  3. Forest Dweller

Forest Dweller Avatar

I think your house and lot deed s are attached to your account, not your character.

4. Gypsy Lou

Gypsy Lou Avatar

Yes, I believe the lot and house are attached to the account, but if the creating character us deleted, it's conceivable to me that they would be treated like an expiration and be returned to the bank. I would test this but I'm afraid to lose my good placement in Owl's Head. :)

5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I have yet to try since R17 went live yesterday, but in the QA the house and everything in it remained (after deleting the char that placed it) and my newly created char owned it all.
    So it IS staying account bound.

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I thought that question was answered and you can delete your character and your house stays. Sorry I don't know where it was said.:) Good luck, what a nice location. I don't even look in owlshead anymore.:)

7. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

My understanding is that it is linked to your account. As such if you delete your character the house would stay and would only be returned to your bank based on an activity timer. Backer "rent free" plots will still be garbage collected based on a timer related to your backer level. So if you don't play they will eventually return to your bank and open your plot, but as long as you have an active character on your account the stuff should stay.

Not sure how it works in-game now is any indication on how it will work at release, but this has been my understand of how it is planned.

8. Selene

Selene Avatar

If you're too worried to risk it. Get someone you trust, unclaim the lot, give them the deed, and have them claim it. Then once you're done, zone back to them and repeat the process (from them to you, obviously)

FrostII likes this.
  9. Gypsy Lou

Gypsy Lou Avatar

@Majoria: Yes, my first question got an answer but my 2nd one didn't. Also, I felt a little nervous with just one answer. Sorry, didn't mean to spam it.

Yeah, I'm happy with my placement in Owl's Head, a Village lot real close to town. The land rush was both exhilarating and maddening, lust like in ArcheAge, there were so many players running like a herd. Lord British was standing on the overland map between Soltown and Ardoris, watching the stampede. I knew every second would count so I didn't stop to customize my character or even battle skellies, I just ran straight away. That's why I want to delete this landgrabber and make a proper Wanderlust. :cool:

When I left town, barely a half hour from the moment the servers went live, 74 of 75 lots were already taken.

FrostII and majoria70 like this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh I understand. I am truly happy for you. I hope it worked out with the character deletion. I have been away all day and just got on the forums late.:)

11. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Quote from the Player Guide:

12. Gypsy Lou

Gypsy Lou Avatar

I deleted my little land rush guy and created Wanderlust, who grabbed a sword, killed all the skellies on Solace Bridge, looted all the corpses, and then happily moved into his home in Owl's Head. Confirming that it works. ;-)

Thanks, all.

Vaentorian, FrostII and Kara Brae like this.
  13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh congratulations Wanderlust. I'm happy for you. Enjoy your great location. :)

FrostII and Wanderlust like this.
  14. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Hooray! Hope to see you in-game!

FrostII and Wanderlust like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.