What is the best gaming keyboard for Shroud ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Floors, Jan 17, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floors

Floors Avatar

Okay, hopefully this won't be a controversial posting like some others recently.

I'm thinking that I need to get a better gaming keyboard to enhance the usage of numbers on the skill bar instead of the mouse way I've been doing it.

What are some of my options in USB keyboards out there ? I'm talking looks, functionality, something really cool that works well with the game.

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Actually, I have another suggestion for you, which has been working great for me. Takes a few days to get used to, but once you get the hang of it it works wonders.

What I have done is I have changed the universal WASD movement to ESDF (E=^, S=<, D=down, F=>)

This then opens up A, Q and W to be used, along with R, T and G, all very close to your resting hand. With this, I changed my abilities the following way :
    1 = A
    2 = Q
    3 = W
    4 = R
    5 = T
    6 = G
    7 = 1
    8 = 2
    9 = 3
    0 = 4

This allows me to use all 10 hotkeys without moving my hand, just stretch my fingers (and actually use all of em!) Been using this both on my mechanical razor keyboard and on my basic laptop keyboard, and it works wonders!

3. Silently

Silently Avatar

I use a Roccat ISKU+ FX, but more important for gaming is my mouse, i use my skill bar with the mouse, a roccat nyth.
    got 9 keys on the left side who used with the thumb. try it and google for it. :)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Honestly since you are a mouse man, (myself also) the best conversion I have is the Nostromo Gamepad it has it all in one location for the left hand and a multi function mouse. You can have all your keys from 1 - 9 "f" keys and everything mapped and easy to go.

Lord Trady of Blix and FrostII like this.
  5. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

If game pad is your forte I use a Nostromo but if you are dead set on a keyboard go with any reputable Mechanical. Sound and feel of the button click is amazing .

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  6. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

Game pad are the best, once you get use to it you'll never be able to play with a single keyboard

7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

8. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

I'm not in control of your wallet, but you could get a nice gaming combo and get a mouse with more than 3 buttons on it :) I can really recommend mechanical keyboards cause they react in a better fashion. For example i control combo's with my thumb. Going past 1 2 3 4 or 5 i wouldn't recommend because you need long spider fingers for it and are more area 51 material than gaming.

9. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    I used to love the logitech G110 / 105. Then I got hooked on clickity keyboards.

Currently I enjoy the Razer Blackwidow keyboards. I have one chroma and one standard 2013 model I use at work.
    The thing i miss the most about the G110 was the volume control spinner and media keys.

If your computer is in a shared area of the house, consider the noise of a clicky keyboard, they can be annoying to some people.
    They make keyboards with the same feel as these mechanical keyboards with very little of the noise as well.

Also, wait for a sale. Never pay full price.

10. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

I have the Razer Chroma, but the font is hard to read on the keys. But I love the way SotA can control the colors.

11. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Little off topic but concerning your last point, a guild member has experience a huge increase in fps since he disabled that option today, might wanna check that out!

12. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

I heard about that. It's been off since I got it and just turned it on last week to see what it was like. The novelty wears off pretty quickly and everyone could use more FPS.

13. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I use a simple keyboard and mouse with no extra button. I can move with asdw and use 1-5 keys and other are binded on Q-R-T, which leave 2 slot in the wild that i use for buff only
    if that can help any poor people like me that cant afford high tech stuff ;p

14. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I like keyboard and mouse - like playing Doom -- you can charge a glyph while moving and such - really gives you the best experience IMHO. I'm always hitting tab tho - to toggle between modes.

I use Das Keyboard with blacked out keys -- at work and at home. Highly recommended.
    https://www.daskeyboard.com/daskeyboard-4-ultimate/

15. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

Ehhhh, shroud isn't a twitchy game that requires a gaming keyboard. You've got a Mac, I'd recommend a satechi aluminium Mac keyboard. Looks gorgeous , works fine for MMO's.

16. Floors

Floors Avatar

If one hand is on the mouse for look movement and the other on WASD, don't you find it cumbersome to move fingers on left hand to 1-5 keys for attacks ? I do. That's what I'm trying to solve.... I will try Violette's idea I guess :)

Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone

Violette Dyonisys likes this.
  17. Curt

Curt Avatar

I use the same but without the 'chroma' name

I prefer high profile keyboards and TKL boards take less space on the table.

18. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Like I said, give it a few days to get used to it, the muscle memory kicks in a lot the first few tries, going back to WASD on it's own, drinking potions and casting spells for nothing, but once the old memory is gone and the new one takes place, it is a whole new world!

Jaesun and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  19. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

20. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Nope, i keep 2 finger on the asdw while one is pressin the action button, practice :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.