What is the main cause to play SotA?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stundorn, Dec 23, 2017.

?

What is the main cause to play SotA?

1. Progress, i want to work on skills and get as high as possible

43 vote(s)
    41.0%
  2. Socializing (not roleplaying)

24 vote(s)
    22.9%
  3. Immersing into Land and Lore

32 vote(s)
    30.5%
  4. Roleplaying

21 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. $ Business $

17 vote(s)
    16.2%
  6. I love the singleplayer experience

7 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. I just like it more than other MMORPGs

24 vote(s)
    22.9%
  8. I spent so much money, i can't let off

24 vote(s)
    22.9%
  9. Other... please post what and describe

20 vote(s)
    19.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I'm just wondering why people play SotA in the first line?!?

you can choose 3

Votes cannot bee seen public.

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I came here in Nov 2013 to help create a playground for myself reminiscent of the experience I enjoyed playing Ultima Online. I wanted to bring the fun and enjoyment I got from that game back into my life. I also wanted to not jump from game to game to game continuously searching for that place. I still think for me this game can be that. There are things that are already in place and more that are coming to make this that game. If the Devs listen and implement what they can from us then I shall have this place to play. Here is a list I posted a while ago of things I feel we need.

The addition of information to the overworld map was such a huge deal to making this game more comprehensive. I was so worried that wasn't going to happen.

One thing though I still hear people are missing the descriptions if you point at the name of the town then you can get all kinds of information from it like what type of scene it is, if there are player vendors, if there are merchants to sell or buy from, if there are coto vendors, if there are resources, if there are quests, and watch for also if a building sparkles alerting you that you have a quest there. This is brand new and has been missing for so long so yay now we are getting it and hopefully more coming to this as feedback is provided.

As I always say 'don't give up it is too early to tell of what will happen with this game. It is very young and just beginning to bring in the good stuff ;).

My suggestions to the @Devs @DarkStarr

Don't forget achievements and rewards and to keep adding to that reward system with an abundance of things to do.

Do not leave empty buildings with nothing to find like in Elysium Mines and please fix the scene to mention the mirror quest, little notes, comments, or hints please. If a player discovers that area and has no quest regarding them then sure they can mess around with the mirrors to make them work but it gives less meaning to it without any lore or clues mentioned or scattered around. It is kind of an empty story to we have ATM. NPCs could say don't touch those mirrors and hint about them or something appreciate to what is going on. If they did I missed it. ;)

So I am playing for what I believe this game can be and for all the things that I already like about it.

Edited typos and clarity;)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    Tinstaafl, Solazur, Zhoc and 12 others like this.
  3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Yes i think the same way.

I vote immersion, roleplaying and because there is just no other MMORPG outside i like to play more.
    But it's also a little bit, because i spent a lot of money and i like the housing and all that i payed for.

I really want my small germanspeaking roleplayers guild and i hope i get some more active likeminded players.

Have Fun - Stun.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  4. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Firstly I came to play the game as LB intended to follow the 3 paths and be judged for my actions and not min/maxing to get the result I might desire., then continue that thru the next 4 episodes, Secondly I came to play in the sandbox portion of the game with my friends, building our own town as we've done in UO for 20 years. But now have the ability to make that part truly our own and enjoy the community that that becomes. The songs, stories written by other players. Music perfromed and dancing the night away to our own player developed in game radio station.

And to be part of a game development process from the beginning, which has been truly a bucket list type experience for me.

Tinstaafl, Ronni, Zhoc and 6 others like this.
  5. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

None of the above. I play because this is my first experience in the creative process of a game. My first forum experience also .
    I have always played games because they are to me , just games. I do not live or breath them. They definitely do not put food on my table.
    They are a form of entertainment.

I still sit on the fence as to whether this game will appeal to the masses, or to a niche group. UO was a pleasure to play. So far this one is a wee bit grindy, muddled and in my opinion nothing like what I thought it was suppose to be. I did think in the beginning a new type of UO being created. My fault , I should have read more carefully.
    I have plenty of endurance and plenty of time on my hands , so I shall wait and see.

I will play for as long as the game last. I never back down from a challenge.

6. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I wish i were an US player :(

7. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I like solo play. It's the challenge for me I guess. Right now my challenge is the sieges. At first I was wiped out all the time by the sheer volume of attack by the engineers and cohorts. After a lot of work and deaths, I can routinely clear to the cabalist level. Finishing that is sort of iffy right now, but the challenge keeps me interested. I have not done any quests yet and really hope they turn out to be interesting. My response to the poll is the last choice, I have spent so much!! But that's not fair. I AM enjoying the game and can't complain.

Lord Ravnos, Verit, Bayard and 4 others like this.
  8. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

I play SotA because it takes my mind off the mundane, but necessary, parts of my life and gives me an outlet for fun and creativity. The fact that it should last for years, or even decades also appeals to me. I've played many games for months and the fact that they all had an end was a letdown and made me look for something challenging that did not have a defined end. I want to build a long SotA history of good friends, strong community and epic achievements.

I remember telling Richard at the first SotACon in Baltimore, "I want SotA to be the last game I ever play." That wasn't quite as eloquent as I wanted and he looked at me a bit funny. I went on to explain my thoughts and he understood that I meant I was looking for a long term experience, not any other dark reason you could interpret from my statement!

Ronni, Zhoc, Lord Ravnos and 10 others like this.
  9. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

I play because it's relaxing. Community is pretty chill when i meet people ingame or team up with them. Met some really nice people :)

Ronni, majoria70, Beaumaris and 6 others like this.
  10. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Understand that very well.
    I do the same for myself in some way.

Leelu, Sean Silverfoot and Aldo like this.
  11. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I play with long time guild mates.

Verit, FrostII, Leelu and 3 others like this.
  12. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

I don't overthink it. I just play because it's fun.

Sean Silverfoot, Verit, Leelu and 2 others like this.
  13. zeme

zeme Avatar

I play it because of the monkey room and now I'm going to be transitioning into a bosser! Can't wait

Leelu likes this.
  14. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I'm glad you had the option for "Other." The main reason I play is so that I can PK my husband and ultimately display his skull as a warning for all husbands in the game. Unfortunately that part of the plan is failing at an epic level because he won't flag. I'll get him to go to a shardfall with me someday. You guys just need to help me keep up the charade that it's a nice romantic spot to hang out.

Ronni, Zhoc, Lord Ravnos and 4 others like this.
  15. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

I don't play it, I just live ...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    Solazur, Zhoc, Lord Ravnos and 9 others like this.
  16. Johnwick

Johnwick Avatar

im bored and I spent too much money on the game, I like the development of the game I go to multi if im running with guild, or I need to flag PVP and kill someone, or friends online if only running with friends helping them with their skills. The game still needs a lot of work, but I will wait to see how it get better, the only thing better atm is the graphics and some of the animations, other than that, I grind so much on so much of the same stuff over and over that I get bored ant go play something else for awhile, the game need to be more enjoyable, and not a second job in my opinion.

so im just waiting to see where it goes and hopefully it will be a really good game.

Leelu likes this.
  17. digriz

digriz Avatar

I basically log in as often as required to keep my deed. I have no other reason to log into this game.

Mykll likes this.
  18. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

RP: I'm kinda burned out with cringy, edge-lord children seen way too often in other games and feel this game draws on more my kinda crowd.

Cost: Overindulged a bit. Not really complaining though as I see the cost going toward both a hobby and supporting the dude who got me into MMO in the first place.

Development (Other): This game has potential to be something special. Not just from a design standpoint, but from DEV involvement with the community. I'm quite interested in seeing where this trail goes and hope it sets another standard for MMO in such a way UO did back in the day.

Ronni, Hazard, Stundorn and 5 others like this.
  19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's pretty fun. Also, there are not a lot of MMORPG choices for Linux.

Stundorn likes this.
  20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Ahhh sorry and what are you waiting for ? If I may ask. I go into game and there's a zillion things I could do. Right now I'm puttering on the quest to find the undelvered packages to get all 4 elements banners here and there. Also I do collecting of resources. I'm also setting up a stage for easy teaching of syncing music. Sometimes I go visit a new scene with a special friend I have when he comes online or do something else together, or help a new person, or work on organization, make wood pulp, plant cotton, or reagents, go mining, and more.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.