What makes a good game? That's an easy one...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RevJerk, Nov 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevJerk

RevJerk Avatar

I think people spend too much time comparing this game to others... or other games to other games for that matter...

It appears as though the new generation of gamers enjoy discussing/reading/debating more then they enjoy playing...

It doesn't matter how much money is spent on developing a game if the player doesn't enjoy it.

I play SotA BECAUSE I enjoy it...

Keep up the good work P!

~Idaniod

2. Gix

Gix Avatar

I play SotA for academic reasons and because I see a diamond in the rough. There is no "game" in SotA yet for me to enjoy.

3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

The main problem appears to be people expecting a finished (and fun) product, when in truth, we are lucky to even be logging in to the game at all, this is a pre-alpha game, and as much as I hate that argument, it is simply true.

Good things come to those who wait, I am sure this game will impress us when it is finished.

Those who are having trouble accepting the future vision or are expecting a complete experience need to come back in a year or so (as the development cycle keeps slipping), instead of crying about spending money into an idea of a game.. buyer beware!

I am enjoying the progress of the game, while I wish it was faster to the end product, what they've built so far is pretty great and ambitious. I'm always looking forward to new releases or patches.. and I do accept the pace, and the bugs that are there.. it is part of the experience for me. This game will be finished one day, and then it will have the story and systems in place that we can then fairly judge. :) Till then, play, or don't play.. report bugs, don't put down the game or dev's, as they are working and the game IS NOT FINISHED! :)

SmokerKGB and Solazur like this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

True in a sense, but its still possible to have fun in pre-alpha.

Fister Magee, Mata and Solazur like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.