What makes Shroud of the Avatar seem so different than any other MMO

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by City Slicker, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

My daughter got bit by a greater dragon straight out of highvale an survived to run past it. She was also killing barbarians in 4 skull areas with me healing her (im not a healer, jsut have the spells) so most of the world is open right from the get go. You dotn have to wait till you're level 40 to enter a dungeon.

UO was the same way. you could walk into Destard as a newbie ad get bit by a dragon. You woudlnt be abel to kill dragons and they would kill you almsot immediately, but you could explore it without having to reach a certain level first.

I was referencing games i had actually played.

I think the dialouge needs tone or emotes to make it mroe engaging. But beign able to walk around and ask guards where a person or askign abotu something that was NOT a click option was appealing to me. Some do respond to words that are not on the "click list" and thats a big part of what im liking about it. In one instance talkign wasnt the answer, just waiting was, and treating the NPC as a person was advantageous there.

My friends in Wow that invited me to play were already max level, and i could not play with them until i reached max level, which required me to spam LFG, or to que up for random repeat dungeon runs. THis was very impersonal and unappealing to me. Thsi also rendered msot of the game world usless ocne you achieved max level.

I agree more are needed. More are beign added every release and theres still some I havent solved out there (and noone else has solved, judging from asking around)

Hornpipe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.