Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

What to do after 50 lvl ?

Discussion in 'Release 19 Feedback' started by causepain, Jun 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. causepain

causepain Avatar

Hello,

Before i write my feedback (which i doubt it will be positive, especially when you know how much money they gathered) i wonder what You can do after reaching 50 level ? I play only few releases but i noticed that devs are adding only things for low levels characters approximately for 0-30 lvl, there was nothing for high level players. And since end game is most important maybe i have missed something or didn't discover it.

So what high lvl player can do in this game ?

PvP in this game is not for me and doubt it will be for a long time. Each release this game give me graphic problem which cause lags and delay is huge problem in PvP. It is my fault my old pc i will see how it will be looking after summer. I can't understand lack of bracket so "10 lvl can be killed by 70" and it is counted as equal opponent. For me PvP need to be dynamic and balanced in my opinion SotA lack both of them.

Grinding no TY, especially when loot is so lame. Our loot is around 10 types of weapon, few resources, gold and that is all folks. No armors, no special loot (only gold ore can be count as that) or i didn't discover it. No challenge monsters if you don't count bugged one or 10 monsters in small area. Next thing even smallest creature for 18 exp will attack You no mater what lvl You are! I hate when someone waste my time, because how you name that, every other game have system when low lvl creatures don't bother players around 10 lvl higher than them. Ok i understand monsters don't have levels but ffs do i need be bothered by 50 exp creature when i need few hundred thousand exp to gain level ?

So far only challenge is/was "chillblain dungeon" but not because of difficulty of monsters but because of numbers of them (at least in last release didn't check in this one). It is lowest and most humiliating way to increase difficulty by devs, spam monsters and be happy. Swarm of monsters are needed no doubt of that but it cannot be only way to challenge players.

Crafting it is joke !! Constant delay due focusing something else. You need 1 set of armor in game and nothing more. The most pathetic thing is bought armor set is better than crafted one. I can understand that in first few releases that was necessary but now ? I can't just can't imagine and understand how person responsible for crafting let it happen. Why is so much problem change stats so crafted items are better than bought for 300 gp from NPC! I don't mean if bought armor give +5 DR crafted have to give +6 just switch, bought +3 and crafted +5. It will make much more better for system and create more interaction between players. Lacking of mass production items, or maybe i didn't discover it! I play with item mostly bought from vendors since beginning of my adventure with SotA.

Housing and decoration, atm i got 2 houses 3rd in backpack and if i would like to decorate them i think it would take me around 1 day to craft all furniture etc. Ok i can do it but it is only few hours !

Gustball i could do it, but rather from time to time. It won't make me to login into game because of it.

So what else You can do it in this game i wait for Your answers and proposition? I will login into forum in few hours :) I know it is alpha so stop say wait until next release, i want to know what to do atm, because next release again something will be delayed, there will be summer, etc. And i will wait to next release but meanwhile if want to do something :)

2. Dunnigan2

Dunnigan2 Avatar

Well for crafting, there is armor to be made, that is far superior to purchased armor.

My armor set currently gives me +25 STR, +10 INT, and +4 DEX.

However your point is quite valid, in that once I've made it, I've not had the need to craft more armor.

Well you may, or may not, enjoy the social aspect of the game, the multitude of player created events, and camaraderie to be found with fellow players at these events, is indeed endless, and rarely requires any particular level to enjoy fully.

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi and I understand, not everyone wants to do the same things as others. Each release I do different things I try look at all new areas so I can comment and give constructive feedback on what Ive seen. I also spend much time showing new people around or helping them if I can. I share my extra property houses, armor and teach them where the emote buttons are, how to friend others, how to chat, change out of chat. Nothing I give them stays with them and always comes back to me in a wipe (pledge rewards that is), so it is my pleasure. So I learn the game to help others for now. That is what I do. Sometimes I want to just come on for a bit to get some more resources to craft to try out a dyes for example this release and I have not done it yet. I have made some really nice friends in this game and I was not really looking for that, but it just happened. I know you dont want to hear things are changing and improving all the time since you said so, but they are. I tried making bark bread since someone said it sells for a good price and it was pretty dang good for selling since it makes 8 at a time. So high level if I wanted to I'd do control points. I have not done one in a while, but last time I did one with a group, I ended up doing it for 3 hours and had a blast. They are very challenging. So hopefully you will get lots of ideas. Come and be my friend anytime. I am majoria in game. **cheers**:)

4. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Sorry Causepain, it seems ironic that there's an almighty oracle preventing you from having some fun, or causepain... not that they are synonyms ; well exept for a few people :p

5. causepain

causepain Avatar

And this stats beside str=heatlh gave You anything in game ? Have you noticed that damage avoidance is bugged and don't add form items to overall stats?? Now compare time needed to gather all resources to craft them to sets bought form vendor, i know the joy of having equipment signed by Yourself but not here where armor have unlimited repairs (simple solution each use of repair kit give from -1 to -5 maximum durability)

Next thing i know community is strong here but i can't participate in most events because of job, gym and life plus my crappy laptop (last release i could play on Fantastic settings now on Fastest)

Until release r18 most areas were copycat of other ones just changed enemies. If I meet someone in scene and see it have problem i try help. And believe me i help community in my own way (proof) but lately it is harder to me because of boredom and recurrence/repeatability. Control points if You mean that flag points in 2 pass ?? I tried that and 1st one is good because of possibility to spawn of Lich but 2nd one it is spawning more and more elfs and nothing more (which are bugged, because fighters got 3 different weapons animations and 1 the same loot :) So far 0 ideas

I had fun up to 40 lvl after reaching that point there is hardly anything new to do for me, that is why i asked here because i'm not oracle to know everything. Still waiting for ideas. Maybe write What you do in game

After thinking a little i know i forgot write in 1st post:

Quests in game which i so far done are good and satisfying and that will be probably thing i will do.

2nd thing is shame that devs didn't let people create 2nd character in alpha and MAYBE in beta. I know it is possible for "Royal Archivist" and higher tiers but in my opinion that would help to test more things in game. Of course i can understand people who paid money could feel cheated but i think that move probably would faster things especially in alpha. This is only my divagation what if.

Still waiting for ideas what to do with high lvl character :)

6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Dexterity affects your crits and gives you a greater chance to avoid physical attacks, intelligence gives you more focus and increases the damage of your damaging spells.

When crafting skills make it into the game, armor and weapons will be ideally repaired directly by a crafter. It's been said that repairing an item will cause it to lose maximum durability, and that it will be possible to reforge an iem that has low max durability using materials used while originally creating the item. So, while they wont break completely, they will become less useful over time and have to be reforged. Repair kits are jsut a place holder they are using right now until crafting skills make it in, they will not be the most ideal way to repair stuff int he future.

most of the cool stuff to do isnt in the game yet. Like, large creatures, Dynamic combat event, invasions, etc. But Control points are in, and tho you dotn HAVE to control them for anyr eason yet, its a big challenge to do so.

If your looking for combat related stuff to do, PvP or do PvE in control Poitns (Veritas pass r Brightbone Pass)

7. causepain

causepain Avatar

Ty for clarify with craft, but i'm afraid it will be again delayed like 2 last releases.

About control points i wrote earlier just above You. They are challenge only if You stay in control point and take every damage form every creature, if You move there is not much problem.

8. Blaze Barkley (RedDeer)

Blaze Barkley (RedDeer) Avatar

Honestly I have no idea how to craft better armor. I spent tons of time getting Spider Carpace to craft my leather set of Greater Dodge just to see that epic and sturdy armors you can buy are way better. Not to mention my bow of greater damage is worse than bows you can pick up for free in most cities... And you can't craft special arrows... And the best archer skills are not implemented yet... I don't even know if damage from ranged skill tree is calculated based on bow you have equipped, the dexterity, or both bow and dexterity...

How should I make better leather armor? Any tips? Please? And any info on how ranged tree damage works would be great too!

9. Dunnigan2

Dunnigan2 Avatar

You asked for suggestions of what to do after level 50. I guess you answered it right here, go to the gym and enjoy your life.

Seriously though, whatever amount of time you've spent to reach level 50, you now have available to do other things within the game, such as joining the community. Your "crappy laptop" is irrelevant in this regard.

For someone supposedly asking for advice, you sure seem dead set to counterpoint any suggestions. I feel I wasted my time with any help earlier, and am likely wasting my time now.

I feel trolled. Goodbye.

10. Dunnigan2

Dunnigan2 Avatar

Every material type has a particular property when part of your armor.
    A yard of hard leather in leather armor, and a strap of hard leather when used in plate armor, will all give the same effect (.2 damage avoidance).
    Identical properties on a given piece of armor do not stack, thus if an item called for 2 groups of leather (such as "X yards of leather", and "Y bolts of leather") you would want to use 2 DIFFERENT types of leather for these inputs.
    Also, when the recipe asks for a metal binding, you can introduce other properties such as +2 Dex, +2 Str, additional Damage Resistance/Avoidance, etc...)
    It is in these various additional properties that you can craft a more varied selection of armors to work with.
    Admittedly, leather armor has less options then some other armor builds, but that is another issue somewhat, in that there is only 1 type of "animal hides" and only 1 type of "raw cotton".
    However, Cloth and Leather are generally part of the same crafting trees as far as the level 2 properties (you use spider carapace and suet to upgrade both leather and cloth.)

11. causepain

causepain Avatar

Maybe for You would be great standing with 5 fps while You get constant icon of disconnecting when gathered with 30-40 other persons who use only emotes not mentioning spells. I have another imagination of being part of community in events.
    Sorry if You feel trolled. And if You think about control points i write it i have done that few times.

About armor here are few recipes form tailoring and blacksmithing. My advice don't do armors with damage avoidance (it don't add to overall stats when in game press V) better take another stat.

About ranged tree i can't offer my help because I never play ranged characters in any fantasy games, i don't feel it. I have no idea what is better to take bows with more attack speed or range, here are recipes form carpentry

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  12. Blaze Barkley (RedDeer)

Blaze Barkley (RedDeer) Avatar

So...No better armor than the one you can buy :( oh well I don't mind. It's still in alpha. And I will play an archer (hunter to be exact) no matter what. Even if it's not as good as other builds I will at least provide some data that will help with balancing it later (hopefully R20).

majoria70 likes this.
  13. Dunnigan2

Dunnigan2 Avatar

It's not necessarily better or worse then other builds, just that leather armor in the crafting process has less room for variation, and it's base properties (damage avoidance, damage resistance) are somewhat overshadowed by armors innate benefits of resistance/avoidance.

I think the +2 dex should be moved from Contstanan metal to Supple leather, giving each material base type, a +2 stat. (Fustian cloth has +2 int, Constantan metal has +2 dex, and White Iron metal has +2 strength).

14. Dunnigan2

Dunnigan2 Avatar

Admittedly these issues are with your hardware, and your preconceived notions of community.
    Your computer is limiting you not only in SotA but other games, so it's not really a complaint about SotA.
    You can also find a smaller group of people that you find camaraderie with, for example, and develop bonds that exist outside of the game.
    And even in big groups, your frame rate is irrelevant to participate in chat.

Damage avoidance does indeed make a difference, albeit I do prefer the +2 stats personally.

15. causepain

causepain Avatar

I don't fell difference between 5 and 15 damage avoidance but there is huge difference between 33 and 28 damage reduction in my experience. And like i said press V look for damage avoidance and start equipping items with that stat. Has it changed by 0.1 or 0.2 when You equip ?

16. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

After Lvl 50 buy Pillars of Eternity!

17. Dunnigan2

Dunnigan2 Avatar

This is just a problem with that particular values ability to display non-integer values, in the Character Stats user interface.

If you have 5 pieces each with .2 damage avoidance added, you will then see the extra 1 point in avoidance.

Please keep in mind, the display in that user interface is not the final value the game itself uses to process game logic. This user interface is just an output display, and can be subject to bugs as well.

18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

@causepain, well good luck to you as always. Also fyi if I get really bored sometimes I take a break, but I don't totally leave because I love watching what's happening with this game and want to contribute to the process. There are times I play a bit of another game. Like I'll veg out in Star Wars Old Republic or pull up one of my other games. Anway I'll leave suggestions not to others. I can really only be responsible for how I feel and how the world looks to me. Take care.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.