Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

What to do with my Elven Elder Mage Robe

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Magnus Zarwaddim, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

My fault for being a N00b (R30) and not knowing. But I got the robe thinking it was a "costume" - i.e., something wearable over my regular armor. You know, to look fancy. :)

And, again, my fault for not realizing it takes up two (2) slots.

But, seriously, other than dressing fancy once in a while, what am I to do with this. It's not like I can up the stats to something epic, right?

This is feedback for the Devs to MAYBE consider adding a "costume" slot. If anything, wouldn't that drive store sales?

2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Just flash your legs and look fabulous at Owl's Head.

Until their graphic guy(s) fixed it.

Acred, DancingShade and BluntedJ like this.
  3. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

Oh! I would totally give offerings of praise daily (most likely in the form of the fresh blood of my fallen enemies and/or pretty flowers) if we could get costume slots!

[​IMG]

4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

+1 to looking fancy while fighting!

Acred and DancingShade like this.
  5. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

Nothing says "I'm ready to auto-accident-attack tiny rabbits while running" like a fancy robe!! :D Fight the fancy fight BluntedJ!!

6. redfish

redfish Avatar

The devs have been considering letting people upgrade store items, at the cost of them not having permanent max durability anymore...

But if a costume slot were to hide your armor that would have the effect of also making it look like you were wearing something other than you were actually wearing. Its definitely not good for PvP... I also don't like the idea in PvE either but thats just me.

NRaas likes this.
  7. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

RIFT probably did this best. You could could costume similar items types "cloth=cloth". Many games have a re-skinning mechanism.

8. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I respect your opinion, but in the real world, if I were going out looking to murder (and risk being murdered), I will dress up in whatever can help me to get an edge on you.

If, by chance, you were meaning to say that you can tell what someone's "class" is from what they wear, I'd first ask if you can "Examine" an opponent and see their character sheet to inspect their items? (I've not yet PvP'd). Second, to my knowledge, there is no recipie for this, is there? In either case, you can still see what your opponent is wearing. Now, wouldn't a cool mechanic be shapeshifting (I think I saw a post about this recently here or at /r/shroudoftheavater), in which case, yeah I guess it would be messed up if I morphed into a grizzly, then roamed around like an NPC...only to mawl you to death. That might be unfair. ;)

9. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

What can I say, I like to be fancy. It comes with being mad. :)

Acred, Audacity and EtherBunny like this.
  10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

You can 'examine' but it only tells you base gear types, not all the stats/bonuses, though you can see their health/int/str/dex totals on the examine window so that can give you a decent idea.
    I suppose its more you can see easily if they are wearing heavy armor, leather, cloth and make certain assumptions about their fight style, i.e. sizing up the opponent.

If PvP is the only reason we can't have cosmetic overrides or hide (some realllly ugly) helmets. there's a simple enough fix for that - other games have done it - disable cosmetic overrides in PvP areas or if you're PvP flagged. Done.
    Then the rest of the population who isn't in a PvP area or PvP flagged can enjoy fighting things in style.

11. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

I'm keeping my elven mage robe because I think its a great looking bit of gear. The stats aren't really important to me because I can work around those if I need to.

That being said I look forward to the cloth implementation to be more refined because right now the skirt likes to get stuck clipping through legs and things. Early days though!

Acred and 4EverLost like this.
  12. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Sure. Either allowing to transfer stats from other equivalent stuff in game or have some extra slots for the store purchases and pledge reward items, which are far from high end to show them up instead of the currently worn items.

Not too long ago I went into the woods for some fresh air with my Admirals outfit, and oh wonder, the first skeleton who spotted me, performed some shots and dead I was.
    So I seriously wish to carry the purchased stuff without having to perform several tedious clicks to swap the outfit each time and I wish to be able to survive, even if looking different than the knight in shiny plate. For RPers should it also be possible, to put sets of clothing into a stack and switch between those named stacks on demand with a single mouse click.

*Salute*
    Olahorand

Acred likes this.
  13. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Just fight in the robe as is like a boss. It's not stylin if you get the stats.

Acred, Lord Barugon and DancingShade like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.