WHATS HAPPENED TO TARGETING?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by guardianspif, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guardianspif

guardianspif Avatar

i swear i'm allready handicapped now im gimped with this near-impossible system!
    IM Literly targeting with my face!!! and forget partys as any party member blocks
    you and you cant heal yourself as anyone in front of you gets targetedheres a work around
    that helps a little esc game then un check auto forced target for combat

2. Cherico

Cherico Avatar

Look in to the R29 Feedback Forum - there are a lot oth threats to this subject

Duchess Fionwyn, Maka, Leelu and 3 others like this.
  3. Relluc

Relluc Avatar

The new targeting system SUCKS!!!! Bring back the old targeting from before the wipe!!!

This "twitch" based system is broken and needs to go back to the testing/QA server. I can't maintain a lock on a specific target to save my life (archer). I liked the old system better where tab actually picked a target and didn't suddenly make my mouse go away so that I moved by "reticle". I can't target a party member to heal them unless my crosshairs are directly on them. I can't use my left mouse button to target them specifically. Give players the option to use the "twitch" or use the R28 style of targeting. DEFAULT it to the R28 style though or give VERY detailed instructions on how to turn off the "twitch".

There, more detailed than "it sucks".

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  4. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Targeting is a known issue and per Chris, they are working to get something more tolerable and less broken but it will take time. They have requested people wait until end of R30 so they have time to make the required adjustments.

5. agra

agra Avatar

Wow, that is a LONG time to use something broken.

6. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Yes, yes it is. On the plus side, all the devs were rather shocked to see how broken the system was when they actually played during the PvP event at the end of the telethon... especially Chris. So hopefully the fixes will be implemented sooner.

Also, it isn't that they won't be making adjustments until then... just that the adjustments will be steps in the "right" direction. I detest the current system because it kills the game for 3 of my friends... but c'est la vie. I'll give him the requested time to put in fixes prior to starting the rallying cry to burn it all again.

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I am sorry but there should be changes daily to targeting since they waited unitl R29 to totally change the system they should be spending 1/2 the day fixing it until it is at least semi viable.

Waiting until after R30 is an insult.

Relluc, Lord Stein, Leelu and 5 others like this.
  8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Perhaps they should try their own product more....

9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

And that just shows how out of touch they where in implementing such a borked system without testing it.

10. agra

agra Avatar

Well that's terrifying. It's either there's no communication between the lead devs and QA, or they don't believe us on the forums when we give feedback.

I'm not sure which is MORE terrifying? :eek:

11. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

I 1000000% agree with this. One of my biggest complaints.

12. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Didn't really need yet another thread about this, but yes it is known that this first iteration of the new targeting system is wonky and the devs know and will be working to improve it significantly.

13. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

I thought i read in another post this was a targeting improvement that most the population was enjoying and considered it "refreshing"?

Duchess Fionwyn and Leelu like this.
  14. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

lol

15. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

For melee and magic combat in pve, I do like it much better than the old system. For archery, healing, and pvp it's either broken or needs a lot of help. So I can completely understand why some people like it and some people hate it. Hopefully they can figure out a way to make everyone happy! (hahaha... right.....)

16. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Its impossible to like something broken LOL. Unless that type of thing floats your boat. I can have my hairs on a target and hit a spell and it will randomly attack targets not even in line of sight.

It needs work. Its the first shot and I dont expect it to be perfect on the first run. In time it will get better. I do like what they are trying to do.

So hopefully next release the bugs get kinked out.

I hope everyone is reporting these bugs.

17. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

Admittedly , I was Against this new system, But now, i love it, Sure it needs work, but Overall its a good move! Its like when cavemen Discovered fire, sure they were scared by it... but in time they learned to use it :) this new system is no different :) people just need to take their time to get used to it is all :D

18. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I had trouble with targeting spells at first, but once i figured it out, I stopped experiencing those issues to be honest. I'm using air and earth range spells, which ones are you having issues with? And what I meant was, the stuff that is broken (healing, archery) I haven't been using. I in no way like that those things are broken and am very much looking forward to the fixes so I can test it out.

19. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

It seems to happen more often with wolves.

So I have a wolf and in third person I am looking behind my head down at the wolf and the red cross is there. So I hit a ranged spell and it just pulls a random mob out of sight. Sometimes to the left or the right and it seems to be targeting random mobs. I am using the ranged drain life spell. Now for weapon fighting its working good for me and actually like it better than what we had.

20. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I can see how that would be frustrating! Have you tried aiming lower for wolves? Maybe their hit box needs adjusting or something. I'll see if I can recreate that with some spells from air and earth when I get home later. Haven't fought many wolves from range yet so far this release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.