WHATS HAPPENED TO TARGETING?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by guardianspif, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gix

Gix Avatar

You mean you pledged recently, or you expected to be aware of everything about the game from day 1? If it's the latter, that's not how game development works. I'm not sure what you were expecting.

I wouldn't have invested so much in WoW (I go as far back as beta) had I known that the Wrath of the Lich King expansion and every subsequent ones would ruin the entire game experience...

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  2. agra

agra Avatar

Well happily, consumers have a choice with WoW. They can vote with their dollars and stop paying the subscription. sota pledgers have no such recourse. They just get to take the bait and switch and smile.

What did I expect? I expected transparency and integrity. Integrity would have been the part where they stuck to the Kickstarter goals, only, until launch. If they didn't want to be bound to Kickstarter, they shouldn't have used it.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  3. Womby

Womby Avatar

I wasn't around for the Kickstarter, and I'm curious. Which of their explicit Kickstarter pledges do you believe they have broken?

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    EMPstrike likes this.
  4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

5. agra

agra Avatar

Heheh, that's a long list. But fundamentally changing the nature of the combat experience, several times, including the pace, UI, and targeting method/mechanism would be pretty high on the list.

6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

This has been said int he past, and every time i review the kickstarter campaign and never find any statment that they havent adhered to. If you could provide a specific link or quote from the kickstarted campaign that your referring to, it would be helpful.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/portalarium/shroud-of-the-avatar-forsaken-virtues-0/description

Womby likes this.
  7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Its VERY hard to believe they made a statment saying that thier combat mechanics would not change during the development of thier game. So any proof that it breaks any kickstarter promises would be appreciated before slandering the entire company again. No disrespect intended.

8. Gix

Gix Avatar

You can vote with your dollars and stop paying Portalarium just the same, the situation is nearly identical and the amount of money invested would theoretically be the same (depending on how much you've pledged).

I wouldn't have bought Diablo 3 if I knew Blizzard was going to change the game into some Greater-Rift farm fest.

The reason I bring up WoW is because the argument that "I payed for it, and I wouldn't have if I had known" is really, really poor... as that suggests that Portalarium shouldn't make any changes to the game what-so-ever to avoid pissing anyone off. It's unreasonable to expect that game dev shouldn't try to improve their game because the "perceived majority" is "fine" with the status quo.

Meaning that way of thinking stunts progress. Sure, you don't like what you see but instead of complaining about how you wouldn't have invested, you should try to guide Portalarium into finding solutions so that you can enjoy the new system rather than saying "the old system was fine! Bring it back". Because, if they were to bring it back, then they'd piss ME off.

WrathPhoenix, helm and Fister Magee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.