What's the hook?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MightyUnclean, May 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

yes that was postponed due to other work or some issue, but it is their plan to do it ;) and also resize will be there ;)

2. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

If you get a tablet or laptop to run Discord (or if you just get a second screen), you can avoid all that ALT-TAB'ing. :)

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol I didn't mean alt-tabbing. I just check on y designated whisper/other player communication sometimes. I would love if it flashed or glowed when I have a new communication from someone so if I'm out of that chat tab I just check it once in a while. It is very fast and easy to check usually, just a work around though for now until we get movable tabs ;)

Chatele likes this.
  4. MightyUnclean

MightyUnclean Avatar

Yeah, Alt-tabbing out of a game to look up 3rd-party info really takes me out the immersion. I guess it's by design in this game, though, for whatever reason. Lack of "hand holding" just causes most people to seek an outside source for info. I find the lack of a detailed in-game map maddening, especially with so many places to visit.

Does anyone else feel isolated and alone when playing? Is there a particular town or anything where dozens or hundreds of players gather all the time, to chat or play music or anything? Like Bree in LotRO. Or does everyone hang out at their own home? It's a strange contrast for me in MMO's: For the past several years, I have spent most of my MMO time in solo activities. However, I still want to feel part of an inhabited, bustling world.

Chatele, Kaisa, Budner and 1 other person like this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol things have changed since you've been here. you should check it out sometime. But for things: You cannot craft something by finding it on a 3rd party site, you have to know it. Going to a 3rd party doesn't help you now. ;) A very few low tier recipes but not very many. The tutorials and help in game are progressing now as well as 3 new starter areas looking so great so far. Renting is on its way. Bulletin Boards are coming along soon. You can already ride Mine carts, elevators, log rides, and more. Things are starting to be waaaaaay different;) but yay finally a lot of stuff we've been waiting for and of course always more, more, more We still want. *cheers*.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  6. MightyUnclean

MightyUnclean Avatar

New combat is coming?? What are they doing to it?

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Ok well proposed and they did a survey, so we will just have to wait to hear more ;)

8. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

These days there's so many ways to chat already that a global chat just isn't needed. Global chat never really works out because of trolls anyways. Not much of a hook really. I've never seen anyone refer to the new player experience as a 'hook' either. The best hooks are rare items, nay, rare wearables, and not many exist at this time. I've been pushing for more wearable item slots and more rare wearables from the start, and I'm sure it will happen over time.

Chatele and majoria70 like this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

10. MightyUnclean

MightyUnclean Avatar

I have very little financially, but a lot emotionally, invested in SotA. I want it to really draw me in. I started on C64 RPG's in the 80's, and Ultima IV and VII are my favorites of all time. I used to be in awe of Lord British and Origin Systems and the worlds they created. I very much want to feel that way again! I went the EQ route instead of UO, so I totally missed out on that experience.

majoria70 likes this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I hear you. A lot of us are emotionally invested which is not all a bad thing to care about a game and its' success. The good thing here is there is still so much time for it to develop into something many of us want to see. Develop won't be stopping even with Episode one. While all of us would love so many certain things to be in game By Episode one, some may not make it. So we just wish for the important feel of the game to be in before Commercial release and a successful following to begin the next stage of the journey with us. ;)

Chatele likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.