Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

When are we going to actally have Crafted Armor that is Better than bought Stuff?

Discussion in 'Release 19 Feedback' started by Weins201, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blaze Barkley (RedDeer)

Blaze Barkley (RedDeer) Avatar

Still, wouldn't it be nice just to have the basic damage avoidance and resistance same as in epic armor on critical success? Or even higher by 0,2 or something like that? It would bring peace into my heart :)

2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Yoru already nearly invicible to physical damage in almsot any platemail it seems like, and it doesnt affect magic damage at all

3. Blaze Barkley (RedDeer)

Blaze Barkley (RedDeer) Avatar

Yeah that is a totally separate problem. On the other hand we don't have those "big creatures" implemented yet. Maybe after skeletons, kobolds and wild animals the time comes to fight with tougher creatures ;)

4. Albus

Albus Avatar

I think we will be able to craft all forms of armour, including "epic plate?" Assuming this is true, at the point we can craft epic plate ourselves it will probably have the same stats as NPC (or whatever other source of non-crafted) epic plate, but with the addition of stats from the crafted properties (your +2/+5 str, etc.). At that point, again assuming my assumptions are correct, we'll be crafting armour that is indisputably the best in game. I do look forward to being able to craft more varieties of armours for the appearance, besides the stats :)

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  5. Mastese

Mastese Avatar

With all this being said, is it better to craft, say, +2 Str, +2 Int, +Damage Avoidance...or +2 Str, +2 Int, +2 Dex armor?

I'm of the school of thought that, at least on plate, the addition + to attack skill given by the Dex is better than the damage avoidance on a pure Strength, melee, DPS build...and is better than Epic.

6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

There will be armor drops out in the world that are better than store baught but not "better" than crafted. The epic piece is better base protection, the crafted piece has a stat bonus and twice the durability.

Also, look up Pen of the Avatar on youtube. One of those videos shows consept art for varying armor designs by class.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.