Where are some good spots to go

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bayard2, Dec 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bayard2

Bayard2 Avatar

Hi folks, I am almost lvl 35, soloing still with the augmented iron plate armour I bought many levels ago and the founder's cutlas.... there has to be better gear....where should I go that I can solo to get some good drops?

thanks

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  2. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Better gear will be crafted by players. Check out all the neat recipes available for sale in Owls Head. I am currently running around with Copper Chainmail with leather chest and leggings. There are a bunch more items available to make. The intent is to have players make the gear and when they die the mob that killed them gets part of their gear...eventually someone else kills the mob and finds the gear. So I recommend crafting a bit so you can try out the different armors and weps.

Jivalax Azon and deryk like this.
  3. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

whoops, that did not sound right.
    Copper Chainmail with Leather straps as chest piece and leggings.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

also to mention armor crafted will have your name on it. You will be famous. The gear made will be circulated throughout the game, perhaps dropped by a creature, say an elf who had looted a player he killed,
    and then that in turn would be sold to a vendor and on and on. And welcome to Shroud of the Avatar deryk.:)

Tahru, Doctor, Stahlknecht and 2 others like this.
  5. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

There aren't a whole lot of tiers of gear in game currently, but you can acquire a full set of Epic Plate Armor and a Sword of Bah'eer in game.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  6. Jon Redbeard

Jon Redbeard Avatar

Hail adventurer, if you are in need of wares I recommend you get in touch with a member of the Britannian Mining Company! I myself am one and I am capable of crafting the finest armor and weapons that are currently available in game. I am willing to sell my wares to anyone with the proper compensation.

7. Kuvu

Kuvu Avatar

Is the crafted Gear better then the augmented? and is there a spot for weapons or different recipe drops? I am crafting my own halberds right now but there seems to be only 1 recipe for it or is there a way to upgrade crafted gear?

Sorry didnt mean to high jack the thread but he asked the same questions i have been thinking and didnt want to fill the forum up with another of the same question :) lol

thanks for any help.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  8. Net

Net Avatar

Crafted gear, at least chest piece and leggings (and some weapons) have interesting bonuses. Also Epic gear is really great.

9. Kuvu

Kuvu Avatar

Is the epic gear looted? How bout weapons? are there loot able upgrades?

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  10. Net

Net Avatar

Epic gear is in the chests in dungeons. I think it is rare now. Soem good weapons are also located in chests or they drop of some monsters (e.g. Lich Axe and Satyr Axe).

Jivalax Azon and blaquerogue like this.
  11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Copper chainmail with a leather chest piece works well too! :) cuts down slug and fizzle rate! I say mix it all up!

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  12. Kuvu

Kuvu Avatar

thanks for the info :) just trying to figure out about the gear and such, just doesnt seem right not me that we lvl up and go up against stronger mobs but the gear that we started with is still viable (not started with but like the store purchased armor) at higher lvls, but if it is it is lol :)

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

hi Kuvu and welcome, yes some things don't make sense right now, lol, but it will come together. Balancing is an ongoing thing. So the thinking on gear in this game is not that it will be the gear that determines your strength or weakness in the fight, but that there will be a depth to how that all pulls together. I for one hope that the development team does not deviate from this plan, so we must remind them here and there;) I do understand the question in regards to gear since that is what most games have in them, gear grinds. I want this game to step out of the mold there and be more than that. The point in develpment we are in does not always make sense, but it has to run from here to get to what it will be.:)

Jivalax Azon and blaquerogue like this.
  14. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

on the wiki site their is a link for chests by locations if i remeber correctly telling you where all the epic gear is. if im not mistaken the its now 1/20 drop rate but still not bad as unless chest respawn times have droped and mob respawn time has increased shouldnt take to long to get a full set. its early game still and we honestly dont have any major mobs yet. from a basic perpesctive this is the noob island to learn the game before adventuring into the real world. (which isnt activated fully yet) i would be very surprised if later in the game we all dont go wow do you remeber crap amor we used in pre alpha. :) welcome to sota

15. Jivalax Azon

Jivalax Azon Avatar

While there certainly is epic gear and some lovely crafted armor available, there really isn't any need for it for this testing. Remember, the next release is likely accompanied by a complete wipe. The augmented plate will serve fine up to at least level 50. And honestly, in the late forties you can burn a set of armor in only a couple levels. Aug plate is cheap to burn through, epic is not and crafted even less so in many cases.

I am not saying to avoid crafting, far from it. The crafting is what I love and I hope everyone tries some of it. Make your armor and weapons if you can, but I still use the founder's two handed axe and save my crafted weapons for display in town.

It is also worth noting what kind of time you will likely spend leveling as you get higher. In the 40s you will have to earn 10s of thousands of XP to level. By 50 it will raise to over 100K. That is a lot of fighting. You can put points into armor preservation and use repair kits by the dozen, but aug plate still works and is cheap.

Last of my 2 cents: this is still pre-alpha (though in truth it much more like a real alpha). We are testing stuff and this release is not to test gear. The game has come so far it is tempting to think of it as a kind of sucky full game. It is not! It is a fantastic alpha. But it is not a game yet. There will be tons of things that have to be balanced, added, removed or changed entirely. So have fun, play with everything, pull all the levers and push all the buttons and if you ever get the chance, walk off the edge of the world once just to say you did it. See you in game.

16. Galdar Grimmstone

Galdar Grimmstone Avatar

best armor is Augmented Plate, sold by the merchant in Owl's Head. Bet weapons are the Lich Axe and the Satyr Axe, both have high damage and extremely high critical dam.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  17. enderandrew

At the moment, the epic armor in chests (rare drops) are the best in these pre-releases.

Post-launch, players will make the best items, though I suspect that will entail magical enhancements. The basic crafted armor won't be better than epic armor, but players can add magical enchantments to their crafted gear.

I speculate you'll need gems/shards from the Shardfall biomes to make the enchanted gear.

Jivalax Azon and Tahru like this.
  18. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

Maybe for PVP bonus gear. For PVE bonus gear we'll have to gather the mats elsewhere.

19. enderandrew

PvE players can buy the mats from PvP players.

They've said the Shardfall maps would have the best mats.

Jivalax Azon and Tahru like this.
  20. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

No they said the shardfalls would have mats in greater abundance. And I also read that PVP mats would be available there.

They won't make us PVP to get PVE mats or upgrades.

4EverLost, Jivalax Azon and Tahru like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.