Where did Richard Mention that we can purchase flying Ships as Houses?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Myrcello, Jun 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forest Dweller

Forest Dweller Avatar

Well, now, Captain, I swing a mean blade and fly the Jolly Roger proudly. Salt meat, hard biscuits and sauerkraut is a joy to indulge on a long skyward journey. I got my tattoo in the South Pacific and can handle the rigging and sails as well as any. Up spirits!

2. Forest Dweller

Forest Dweller Avatar

Aye, they do. More than I. ;)

3. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

If you need a lot to park your ship it's not really interesting to me. If I could have an airship I can fly around in the overworld and from which I could decend into any instance I want via rope ladder I would shell out big for something like that. Just as long as I don't have to worry about losing my house if I don't play for a few months I'll be much more inclined to buy it.

4. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

owning a ship should represent freedom. Freedom to live on the open sea (or air) sure there might be docking fees in towns, but if I've got an anchor, the world is my oyster!

5. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

You don't imagine that would cause issues?

All this talk of control points and economy would go out the window....they would have essentially created a giant mule to haul large amounts around the map at will.

6. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

I think I want to play an open world game where my airship is not subject to arbitrary restrictions to force me to carry all my loot myself. If I can't have an airship that functions as an airship then putting one in the game is just a stupid tease. I hate that kind of fakeness in games.

I mean, does the idea of a mobile living space impose additional challenges to making the game? Sure does. But why in the hell would anyone want an airship that is not actually an airship? At that point they might as well start selling Gatling guns that can only hang on the wall or mechs for your front lawn.

All those sorts of things would ever be is an immersion shattering rift between gameplay and aesthetics.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  7. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Fakeness? Wouldn't purchasing a airship with real money qualify that?

8. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

Items that look like they could carry tons of gameplay functionality and simply don't. Like I said, if you can get an airship and only park it in a lot somewhere that would be just as stupid as if you could buy a battlemech and only place it in town somewhere. All it would ever do is stand there and be fake, be a big fat reminder to everyone that it doesn't actually do anything.

9. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Well if we have airships it would only make sense that we can have floating cities!

Cordelayne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.