Where did you settle?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sam101688, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curt

Curt Avatar

Xenos (town)
    Graff Island(village)

K1000 and Tahru like this.
  2. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

I got an exceptional town lot in Point West (NPC town) a while ago, a few seconds from the exit, waterfront location without any water lots in front of me, and only one town lot beside mine (and my bf snagged that). My second home is in Westhollow (PRT) one spot away from the entrance. I wanted to have a home on both continents, and once I secured my ideal spot in Point West, I thought the idea of a west theme was fun (especially since I transplanted temporarily from the west coast to the east coast 3 years ago and am missing home a lot!).

I'm really hoping they don't do too much to Point West, it's beautiful right now as it is. A little more personality would be OK, maybe some flowers, but I like the general look and feel.

Phiedrus Oliva and Tahru like this.
  3. Lumajo

Lumajo Avatar

Kiln, if you turn immediately left down the slope mine is the very last house on it's own just before the slope up to town.

Tahru likes this.
  4. BiggieD

BiggieD Avatar

I got into a row lot in Elad

Tahru likes this.
  5. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Boycotting the land rush, I hate meta-gaming :p

helm and Tahru like this.
  6. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

Got my Row House in Resolute.
    Love the forrest mountain scenery and layout of the City, loading is also fast.

Thwip and Tahru like this.
  7. 3dmark

3dmark Avatar

Hello neighbour! I'm in the stone row house looking out on the crafting area.

helm likes this.
  8. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

Chose brit fields first cause I just met someone from there a day before and made friends. I was group 38. Later that night I moved to Aerie cause I liked that town setting better.

Also got a row lot in the Brit alleys during group 90 for vendoring and dastardly plotting

Hazard likes this.
  9. helm

helm Avatar

Hello! :) You can see where I'm living if you face the town crier and look to the east - it's that viking two-story village house facing the shore. I also have a house in that same row (some eight houses from your place to the east) but my current plan for it is to maybe rent some rooms to the beginning players later on.

I believe island PRTs like Pericaliya (but also places like Nesoskia, Parrot's Roost and Platinum Keys in the same general area) will gain in popularity once they've been "found" by the avatars - they're often a bit tricky to find, but they're pretty (if one happens to like island scenes, who doesn't?), they are not too crowded but provide all the basic services and are in close promixity to various places of interest.

3dmark likes this.
  10. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Currently
    Owls Head, Spite, Harvest, Brittany Wharf, Brittany Alleys, Elads Lighthouse

Will soon extend to
    Illusive Passage, Illusive Caverns, Finchfield, Trysull, Brewood, Siken, Wightwick and Horned Society.

11. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

I settled in Ardonis down by the harbour. It's a nice City and I havn't come around that much yet. I might cosider moving someplace else, but for now I'm very happy with my lot there.

12. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

Ester Cove.

All the lots with the exception of water lots are spaced out and nestled in such a way that you're never really aware of other houses. One of the few places where the village lots have some of the best views.

Everything I've said is also applicable to Port Mirren since they are exact copies of each other, except for the sex of the crier/banker on the dock.

13. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

Who rushed? lulz

There are way more lots than people playing this game. My slot was Aug 12 and I didn't even start looking until Aug 20.

14. Gix

Gix Avatar

Aerie. I didn't get the lot I wanted but I'm not too far from it. I picked the town because it's pretty and because it's got easy access to a good chunk of Novia.

... not to mention it's near low-level areas.

15. sterley

sterley Avatar

I started exploring, not certain what I was looking for. I must admit to some unexpected joy in the way things occurred and the final outcome!

As an original UO player from beta on, I had a small house near Serpent's Hold, and I can still distinctly remember the pride of ownership and expanded immersion it provided, so I knew that getting a place in SotA that inspired me was key.

After visiting too many different locations (mostly main NPC run towns, but several player based as well) to count, I wandered up to Northwood. The name struck me first; my vision for my character is of a rugged survivor, not quite a ranger, but not quite NOT a ranger, and the motif fits!

Explored a bit, loved the biome, and found a few options for my row home in the northeast corner of the map - one particular location not far from a lake, very serene.

However, I decided to check it all out - and so glad I did! I followed the river to town center, and directly across the river, near a bridge to the bank and the pub, sit three small row houses, seeming a bit exclusive and secluded. The first lot closest to the bridge was taken, the other two open, and I grabbed the other outside unit. LOVE it so very much - completely fits what I was looking for. It borders the river and the view from the top floor balcony is wonderful - picturesque and simply perfect!

I've met the neighbors and they are all a joy to interact with. I must admit that the "land rush" was an adventure, not a negative in any way (and I kind of expected it to be a hassle) - the nostalgia writ large in my experience here has solidified into something actual and tangible. The "magic" of RG and team making this game a reality was there or me when I first read about it - but it has become something much more SOLID in the last few days....

I know Northwood is based on an existing town (Goti?) and so I'm hopeful that the "unique-ifying" polish pass won't break up my happy home equation too much -but I have faith in the incredible team!

For the first time in many, many years, I sat in bed unable to sleep as I couldn't get the game out of my head....

SO GOOD!

Best,

~Kilian Kincade

Toff, Thwip, Baalice and 2 others like this.
  16. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

I chose Shadow's Rest for my main home because it's my POT. Would be silly not to. However, for my village deed, I settled in Vertas.

I wanted a lot with visuals and in a unique setting. Being an NPC snow biome city populated by friendly elves clenched it for me.

Also, I like the view (No other lots to spoil it, either!)
    [​IMG]

17. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

Port Titan, near to where the river meets the ocean.

18. Acinonyx

Acinonyx Avatar

I have settled in Northwood too, near the towncenter at the river the village lot. In front of my home are 2 water lots and i have a nice look at the river and just a small walk to get to the bank or the crafting stations.
    I hope we are seeing more visitors in northwood :)

19. Toff

Toff Avatar

I hit the "Like" button for your post but it didn't seem....well.......like enough. I had a very similar experience and feel very much the same way about "land rush" and the game in general.

[Edit] : Forgot to mention I landed in Kingsport along with some great neighbors.

sterley likes this.
  20. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I did just settle for Jade Valley, I chose to live there because it is awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.