where is everyone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brink1123, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Game became dead boring. Most people I knew quit, PVP flagging hardly happens anymore due to the punishment in PVE it currently is.
    There is no guild wars, no sandbox content for people who play the game. PVE lootables are totally not worth it to bother with any high level content.
    Haven't been playing for 3 weeks, seeing r40 now and the game does not progress for anyone who likes the GAME aspect in RPG.

Last straw is the NUE I guess where they hope to appeal to new players and maybe have more time to develop content until those new players are ready for it..
    Just don't see many of the current high level players putting up more waiting time in a game that failed to come up with a decent guild war system for 3 years now.

To quote a dev:
    SUCK IT PORTALARIUM! ;)

2. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Again I say, thank you for your honesty sir, and for saying what needs to be said.

3. Brink1123

Brink1123 Avatar

What is the NUE

The Obsidian Eye likes this.
  4. Selene

Selene Avatar

Holiday weekend! And I have been having a bit of a cheap nostalgia fix on the free UO Phoenix Server.

5. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

New User Experience.

The Obsidian Eye and Ice Queen like this.
  6. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Thank you. This looks very interesting!

7. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

And to your knowledge, does the devs are going to fix those flaws?
    I mean, do you see the light at the end of the tunnel?

Ice Queen and The Obsidian Eye like this.
  8. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

It is a holiday weekend....so that might be one reason. Also is really nice weather out too...another reason. Who knows. Population varies from day to day. Just might be an off day for players to be on. Dont fret...they are out there...it may not seem like it but its a big world out there so alot of places folks are hiding out in

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And so what is the population issue anyway? Is it not having anyone to hangout with or worries about the game not being a success? I have plenty of people on my friends list to form a group when I log in. As to population this game is not officially launched. I have been here since 2013 and people come and go and then come and go again.;) It is normal. I have friends too who have left and will come back after certain progress is made ;). As to how successful the game will be that is something time will tell. I am Majoria in game if someone wants to group send me a whisper. I would be happy to help ;)

Grumpy likes this.
  10. Brink1123

Brink1123 Avatar

to me it has nothing to do with the success of the game, I just like seeing a lot of people(real people) in towns. To me it makes the world feel alive and vibrant to see 20+ people in the market area of a town. maybe its just a left over side effect from my UO days at Brit Bank.

11. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Not for the upcoming releases. I just hope they can afford NOT to release this year.
    Game is in an "unplayable" state, economy and guild politics/activity wise. If they dont implement sandbox content and guild wars that are more than just cosmetical, only chance would be to make POTs accessible trough ingame means. But still as you can see most of them are dead anyway. So maybe start building content that builds communities and after that build more content for them to build their homes. ;)

12. uhop

uhop Avatar

What do you want to see implemented, which can make a difference for players? Thank you in advance for your answer.

13. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

If guild wars isnt at least 50% of what i expect/hope/imagine/demand it is.. then i dont know what the appeal for end game will be.
    That is one mechanic that HAS to be up to par for this game to have any hope of being able to have PVP written on the tag, and not be blatently lieing.

That being said, i think the player Gap issue between PVP is also to be addressed. Guild wars seems like they might need to auto - balance people (everything at GM) for the instance involving the guild war. And if they start talking about a castle capture etce etc.
    I mean realisticly, theres 8 players that could probly kill teams of 50 - 75 + without even phasing them. I wish they would elaborate on their plans.. but i dunno im basically sick of waiting/asking for them to elaborate on things, as its simply easier to wait for releases, and tell them * hey this is close, this is good or this is simply bad, make it better*

As for the population thing.. We ll simply put the game shouldnt/wont survive with a measly 1k people playing... and i dont really know how *release* is going to generate a big surge of players.. but hopefully the game is in a much better state at that point, and can hold new players enough to build the population. Other wise the majority of features in play that are kinda population based... are kind of useless.

Kind of annoyed that we've been saying the NUE is terrible, please look at it, ive pointed out i loose easily 1/3 right to the tutorial of hte people i bring in..
    But they had to have 2 *free access * attempts, and wait till new players came in, got mad and left.. before actually deciding this is a big deal. Makes me wonder why i even submit feedback? Lol. They shoulda done the NUE first. then tested a free access.. not vise versa..
    doesnt make sense to me.

14. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I'd rather have builds mean something and limit the deck choices. If you take away the option for powergamers to really power-level (it is already limited and some scratched that limit) you will effectively lose that demographic too.

15. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

No level based pvp.. means the best grinder for pve, wins pvp.
    Honestly i think everyone should be able to gm everything. N they should make u pick 4 trees per char to take past 100. Iguess almost like caps?
    Otherwise that power level ... effectivly eliminates new players.. or even moderate players from pvp.
    * hey i like pvp in mmo games,lets play sota!* oh woops u need 2500 hours of pve grind to come close to competing.

Unless you feel new players will offset the *powergamers * aswell as basically everyone in game now? I just dont see it.

Belgtor and Stundorn like this.
  16. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Well but I don't want pure PVP and pure PVE. I think that is BS. Luckily it is intertwined here. No BG Arena... more like UO was.
    I agree though that there is a gap and it needs to be closer, but they should do that by limiting the amount of skills or skillpoints (e.g. 1500 total skillpoints of skills) used in a deck. Not limit players levelling everything if they want to... and in a sandbox the one who advances his char the most, should have all the advantages.
    People should organize themselves better if they are weak.

That being said there is no way or need to organize anything in this game. That's why it lacks true communities build on achieving things that are open for everyone who contributes to a common goal. I think that's why the common player in this game feels very left alone and unappreciated after the initial group hugging.

17. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Agree

If they now implement more sandbox PvP mechanics like GW or whatever there would not many more PvPers than in the last month or when they decide to give a XP bonus , or when BB was implemented.
    What holds people from joining or flagging PvP is the imbalance and the grind.

I would instantly flag just for the the thrill if I ever would have a chance, but with what is necessary to do to be competable its ridiculous.

If I need fire to level just to be resistant enough, if I need to grind this huge amount of XP, switch modes for boss farming, tons of ore to make equip or grind gold to buy equip it's just not my game to PvP but concentrate on other aspects.

If they want PvP happen they need to do a lot more things most people wouldn't like, because all their "work" to be strong would be worthless.

Ofcourse you can start and push it in some month to the level you need, but that's not playing the game, that's just preparing and rushing through grindy content and not fun, just a necessary evil to be competable.
    May there are some players who would do that, but majority just would say no thanks.

Maybe PvP is a sort of Endgame as PvP Areas are t5 , but endgame is nothing to achieve in a month or two or three .
    If the game were designed to reach endgame in some month there is something wrong.
    It if it takes a year or two to be ready for PvP then people who will partake are very less.

Actually you need to have a 100% competetive grinder attitude to the game to play pvp and that's not what most players are.
    And therefore there is not much open world pvp, but tournaments where people test their skill and what it needs to be powerfull.

Belgtor and The Obsidian Eye like this.
  18. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Then PvP is only for a minority too.
    This is why Darkfall died, not enough people who can or are willing to do that.
    That's 90ies and doesn't fit for the most players anymore.

The Obsidian Eye likes this.
  19. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

If you had sandbox content, guilds would easily train the people unable to level themselves because they would benefit from it.
    You can get a GM in a day if you push it 24 hours. How much faster should it go?!

People here play mostly solo. That is the problem. There is no incentive to group up, PVE content is broken with its loot tables.
    There is no open PVP because there is hardly a benefit to flag oneself.

People are not stupid. They are competitive. That's why hardly anyone plays this game anymore.

Grumpy and The Obsidian Eye like this.
  20. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Darkfall died because of lack of content + developers not banning exploiters that were close to them. In the end they wanted to restart the franchise and closed their service. New Darkfall 1.0 relaunch has more people playing than this game.

Grumpy, The Obsidian Eye and Stundorn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.