Where is the love for PVE players?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by RadioMan, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RadioMan

RadioMan Avatar

I am dismayed at the recent changes to give PVP players a 25% XP boost for being in multiplayer flagged for PVP. This is a slap in the face to your PVE players.

I understand wanting to boost PVP participation, and MultiPlayer participation. But these should not have been combined.

Make the bonus 25% for being in Multi period. Then grant more XP for killing other players, including a party bonus.

Krytian, Halfwitte, Mata and 18 others like this.
  2. Nemesis2

Nemesis2 Avatar

My feelings exactly! >.<

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

While I don't have particularly strong feelings on the subject.. I would point out that XP will not entice players to PvP who really don't want to.

If you really want to entice players to PvP...

1: Must be fun.. ok no brainer there..
    2: PvP specific features some players may find distasteful (ie body part trophies).. should be completely OPT-IN.. unlike now where you have to opt out of PvP entirely to avoid it.

4. golruul

golruul Avatar

I really think this bonus xp is meant to provide sheep for the wolves. They could have implemented a variety of ways for actual, real PvPers to get that bonus xp without enticing sheep to get slaughtered.

5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

If you go hunt in a zone where there are 3-4 players already in there hunting, the chance is you're not gonna get to take any advantage of this 25% bonus.

Better off switching to FOO mode and party with another person to enjoy 40% XP boost.

Bambino, Gaelis, Audacity and 2 others like this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I am not dismayed at all. I spent a very wonderful day with friends killing the troll in Ravensmoor. If the dev team is trying to incentivize pvp atm to test it out then they are, it isn't them against us or anthing like that. We are not children who have to say he's getting more than me whaaaaaaa, not pointing fingers at anyone, but ideas will make the day. If the team needs help of players to pvp so they can find out things then they do.

I don't agree with incentivizing pvp with xp or that it is the solution to making a fun pvp at all, that is imo.

I think pvp should have aspects and additions added to the game that would make it fun, like criminal points and work orders that trigger wanted posters that could be driven by a variety of questlines that could lead a player down an evil path or more evil path. It would be great if the pvp quests would lead a player in a multitude of directions that could be engaging and fun. XP is just xp and then what are you left with.

7. Net

Net Avatar

Same should be said about PvE... or crafting... especially the tedious water gathering is killer of agriculture right now, but the whole crafting is incrediblky tedious experience watching progress bars and clicking and clicking.

8. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I thought FOO in a Party gave a 10% not 40% boost. Please explain?

9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

10. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Thank you. I missed that.

Numa likes this.
  11. Numa

Numa Avatar

Makes sense. Everything, from the boost in party experience bonus to the 25% boost in EXP (MP + PvP flag on) is all about Port's incentivizing players to participate in multiplayer (full MP or friends only).

12. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Crafting.. and yes this can also be said of PvE and PvP as well.. takes a certain kind of mindset to really enjoy and that would be true no matter the system. Some people are never going to like it for their own reasons. I personally enjoy crafting and the tedious nature of gathering, refining and finally producing doesn't really bother me at all. There would be limits to that of course.. tweak anything the wrong way.. make it too easy or too hard.. (and everyone of course has their own threshold of pain so to speak) and you're going to ruin it for someone.

I can see what you mean with the water gathering though but just wait until rain starts effecting plants. Nobody's going to want a greenhouse anymore. :)

Nadomir and Numa like this.
  13. Numa

Numa Avatar

Unless it's the kind of heavy rain that ruins plants :) After Port's remark about scarecrows & marauding birds I wouldn't be surprised if there's a twist there somewhere.

14. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I suspect they may not have been all that serious about the birds.. They wouldn't at least do that with plants since there's no way for players to avoid "too much rain"

Numa likes this.
  15. KhanOfChaos

KhanOfChaos Avatar

When you are flagged for PvP you will have to deal with the toughest enemy in the game, Real Life Players. They can come at any time and in varying numbers. So you will die more and lose more xp/gold if not done carefully. Think that about covers the 25% bonus. Also Chris has already said he plans on changing it to x% for being in multi and x% for being flagged in the near future. Also there are people that flag themselves for PvP but do not wish to PK anyone and will help defend a zone from PKs, but that is on you to find out who ;).

MrBlight and Numa like this.
  16. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Lol. we flagged. did our normal grind. had some excitement. even got ganked once.

You think cause im flagged im not going to kill mobs too? lol if anything this bonuse is FOR pve players.

Way i see it, the pvp pure players were flagged already. or in the shardfalls.
    All this does is allow PvE players to get more exp for adding more excitment on both ends.
    Sure you MAY die more .. but isnt there no exp loss on it anyways?
    It MADE the pve grind more fun by flagging.

And hehe if you flag just to farm pve.. thats your choice. But dont expect someone feeling bad for jumping ya. the price you pay for 25%. Otherwise you have the same safe options as always.

GraveDncer likes this.
  17. RadioMan

RadioMan Avatar

This is not a complaint about being ganked, this is a complaint that I have zero interest in PVP and this change feels like a penalty for me and those who share my view. I also do not agree it will gain what the devs are after

18. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

Hey OP , PvPers don't care about exp or levels.. at best it's a faster way to get off the treadmill,.... And do what we enjoy.. PvE ers enjoy treadmills. So let us play threw and not hold up pve ers.

19. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

I've been on a SOTA break, I'll be honest these changes brought me back.

Numa likes this.
  20. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Penalty .. implying it changes your gain at all. Which it doesnt.
    All it really does is semi balance the exp your not getting while your PVPing in MMO mode.
    Probably works close to the same, as in Friends mode, your not competing for spawns and mobs. As where in MMO you are. So this helps balance that a bit, while adding an exciting factor.

So penalty is the wrong word to use.. its more .. to encourage a differnt style of play.

Numa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.