Where to farm Black Pearl?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DeadmanWalkin71, Oct 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

You really have this down to an art! This is something I would like to try out myself. I only need to figure out what is cheaper - purchasing water with in-game gold or purchasing a super computer that can run three instances of SotA at once for my three avatars, a second monitor to accommodate the two bucket-collecting avatars, a new desk that is big enough for the extra monitor and a new office to fit the desk in.

Is there anyone out there who can help me with the math? :D

Daxxe Diggler, Jaesun and kaeshiva like this.
  2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

This has always been one of the imbalances/problems with foraging in general.
    There's simply not enough density of forage-able nodes to make gathering it a viable alternative to buying it.
    Sure, 120 black pearls in 15 minutes sounds good - 720 gold worth - lets say 3000 gold per hour if you were able to do it for a full hour (which you can't, because its time limited)
    Now how much gold can you make in an hour doing -anything else-?

I mean don't get me wrong, if I'm passing by somewhere that there's pearls and its nighttime, I pick them up. But its just not really efficient to do so.

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

What’s more hilarious is that if you use Night Vision, the Oysters are even harder to spot.....

Elwyn, Net and Matt Harris like this.
  4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Exactly. Like I said, I don't do it faithfully to get my black pearl... but if I'm passing by the right spot at the right time and nothing else pressing (like a group waiting for me) I'll run through and grab some. But otherwise it's more reliable to just make gold from killing things and just buy them from the merchant.

Elwyn and Mishikal like this.
  5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I not sure I want it, but it might bolster the player economy if reagents were not available to purchase from merchants or were much more expensive. That way farmers who grow mandrake and nightshade, gatherers who harvest sulphur ash, serpent scales and pearl and warriors who loot obsidian chips, spider silk and corpse wax could make a good living in the game. The spawn rate and availability of Ash and Pearl would need to be increased though

6. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Removing a large part of the supply without decreasing the demand would result in scarcity and massive increases in prices of forageable only resources.

If increasing player participation in the reagent market is something you really want, they could just incrementally increase NPC prices on reagents until players started getting more sales.

But forageable reagents are already very hard to find for sale aside from NPCs. It's not like arrows that can be made but aren't because NPCs are always cheaper. At the current spawn levels and ratea, it seems like it would take hours and hours of searching and clicking, but to what end? Even if black pearl were 30 GP each, would anyone consider it fun?

7. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

TEN? I need to follow you around. Last time I went there, I could only find six.

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well unless they increased the amount of findable black pearl and more drops from mages we kill that give it as loot. Really anything could get more or lessless valu with changes like taking black pearl off of vendors. ;) We know what that's like.

9. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

You think that's bad, I know of 16 garlic nodes in Solace Bridge, and I even found one of them just last week. Yeah I have about 12K garlic in my box at home now. Between harvesting, and knowing other places that drop reagents, I don't have to buy any reagents unless I'm doing alchemy.

The other thing about Solace Bridge was that you could actually see the damn oysters there, before they got the glow working. There's 16 in there East Perennial Trail, and they were hard as hell to find.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    Jaesun likes this.
  10. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Whoa, regarding oysters, are you talking about Solace Bridge or Solace Bridge Outskirts? In Solace Bridge I think I know of 7 or 8 nodes only. If there are 16 I need to do some serious exploring. :confused:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  11. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Oops, I meant East Perennial Trail.

Jaesun and Kara Brae like this.
  12. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

*Shew* Thanks for clarification. *cancels eye doc appointment*

Jaesun and Kara Brae like this.
  13. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Best spot these days,and always farm them at night. Also if you do it in open, then switch to party theyll be respawned.

Mingo Ebonmark and Kara Brae like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.