Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Where'd all the Lunar Rifts go? - Faster Travel is low-hanging fruit!

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Crazy Phil, Feb 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabum Alal

Rabum Alal Avatar

Risk? Do we have open PVP now?

2. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

If they are flagged pvp yes open pvp

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  3. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

There is also risk in traveling physically through control points while overweight or with a pack animal in tow.

If it works like a summoned pet, your packy will die as soon as you do and your crap could be gone if you dont ress it before it decays.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  4. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I don't like the idea... You must think this is strictly an MMO? Well, sorry, but it's not, so not being able to pass through a rift over wieght, is kind of out there... and doesn't add anything to the game... I guess you haven't seen all the wagons that take you everywhere... Different concept, but does the same thing as a rift...

5. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

This is an indication the economy is already broken or are you absolutely sure they're actually selling for those outrageous prices? Many items are placed for sale, but are they actually selling?

Elwyn and Jivalax Azon like this.
  6. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

R27 is going to suck at first login, people should get used to that idea. There will be a learning curve and a weening off addiction phase we will all need to adjust to, but carry on SotAs wayward sons, there'll be peace when you are done.

The benifits won't be immediately palpable until the game is settled after the housing rush is over and we are all leveling post launch.

I'd recommend logging out in front of the owls head recipe vendor so you can grab the recall and rune recipes straight away.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  7. devourerofmemes

devourerofmemes Avatar

Just to be clear I'm not pro lunar rift, I was just pointing out I'm currently not dissuaded by the walking time to grab suet at half price. I'm actually pro real "risk" which in my opinion would be something like PvP to protect cargo being moved or chance to lose x cargo from a random "attack" from bandits while traveling. However I also agree with agra since I played PFO as well, that it's probably not a popular idea with the majority of players, but that is my subjective opinion since I don't have the numbers. PFO had a lot of reasons to fail like boring combat among others.

Ancev and Grave GodsHammer like this.
  8. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

You're absolutely right. When I discuss Shroud of the Avatar, I tend to think "MMO". I apologize. If the idea is to have regional economies in single player too though... wouldn't it still be important to stop overweight travel then? Encourage the use of NPC help?

There are wagons that take you places?... :eek: This is news to me. You're not talking about the Kickstarter video are you? R26 screenshot or it didn't happen yet. ;)

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  9. agra

agra Avatar

Yes, because 55M gold was injected into the economy. "to see what would happen". :eek::confused:o_O

Jivalax Azon and Ice Queen like this.
  10. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

According to this FUN has no value and no influence on gameplay. If slow travel is NOT FUN, then people won't spend there time carrying goods back and forth, they will pay more to avoid the trouble. What an individual chooses to do is of no concern; it is what the majority do. If the majority of people would pay more rather than have NO FUN traveling, then a regional economy is maintained.

Fister Magee likes this.
  11. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Yes, the starter quest in Resolute says there's a "caravan" to soltown in highvale, right where you enter, do a mouse over the wagon there... I checked Ardoris at the entrance point and there're a couple of wagons with destinations, I haven't tried them yet, but with the help of the SotAmap.com, I bet you could port to all over the continent, once you learn where everything is going to finally stay... So rifts are cool and all, and maybe these wagons are just placeholders, as the devs were talking about some mechanizm where you could set the destination points to the rifts, which is cool too...

I think everyone knows what happens when ppl start farming gold, mega inflation, for players who don't want to play 24/7 or even have the time to play often will suffer... IMO, gold should be removed from the loot table all together, as long as the rusty swords can be sold, that should inject enough gold to survive starting a chr... Why drop gold too??? And I favor a trigger to gold drops based on your bank balance, over 10k and gold no longer is dropped and pieces to sell drops too, the higher your balance goes, sooner than later, all you get is exp... and the thrill of the challenge...

Letting inflation go out of control is a sure recipe for valueless currency...

12. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

That toooootally won't cause people to use a second account as a gold mule, nope, never happen. Nor will it cause people to find "investments" (buying fungible items that can later be resold) to keep their gold level down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.